DTI, may paalala sa online sellers at shoppers sa gitna ng community quarantine
Robie de Guzman • May 22, 2020 • 560
MANILA, Philippines – Marami ang nahihikayat ngayong mag-online selling at shopping dahil hindi lahat ng tao ay maaaring lumabas ng bahay at suspindido pa rin ang pampublikong transportasyon sa gitna ng community quarantine.
Ayon sa ilang online shopper, mas maalwan mamili sa online sites dahil wala silang ibang gagawin kundi mag-browse sa internet, i-click ang nagustuhang produkto, makipag-usap sa seller at maghintay kung kailan idi-deliver ang biniling produkto.
Anila, sa panahon ng COVID-19 crisis, mas ligtas mamili online dahil hindi nila kailangang humarap o makihalubilo ng personal sa ibang tao.
At dahil mahalaga ang supply ng pagkain at mahirap magtinda sa mga pisikal na pamilihan sa panahon ng quarantine, bumaling na rin sa digital platform ang ilang nagtitinda ng gulay at iba pang food products.
Ayon kay Barbara Belangue, isang online vegetable seller, sa Facebook lang sila nagpo-post ng kanilang mga paninda at may opsyon ang customer na i-pick up o ipa-deliver ang biniling produkto.
“Y’ong pagbebenta namin ng gulay, ginagawa namin is y’ong mga customers na makakapag-order sila sa Facebook, Messenger o kaya, my second option is, dadaan sila dito pero dahil noong nag-ECQ, ang mas madalas na magpa-order is through online tapos via delivery,” ani Belangue.
Suportado naman ng Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) ang online selling o electronic commerce lalo’t nasa gitna ng krisis ang bansa.
Ngunit paalala ng DTI, dapat naka-rehistro ito maging ang gagamiting delivery service, at ang presyo ng produkto ay kailangang nakasunod sa itinakdang suggested retail price ng ahensiya.
Babala ng DTI, maaaring kasuhan ang online sellers na magpapatupad ng overpricing o kung iba ang itsura ng idi-deliver nilang produkto kumpara sa nakapaskil sa kanilang online page.
“Kung ano y’ong naka-advertise doon sa online page mo sa social media page, kailangan ‘yon mismo y’ong ide-deliver mo sa tao,” ani DTI Undersecretary Ruth Castelo.
“Hindi y’ong fine-fake mo lang y’ong advertisement mo para lang makaengganyo ka ng pagbili pero hindi naman ‘yon y’ong actual na ipapa-deliver mo doon sa tao because it is going to be a crime,” dagdag pa ni Castelo. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Asher Cadapan Jr.)
The Department of Health (DOH) has warned the public on the possible airborne transmission of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Despite the lack of further studies, the Health Department said they are not dismissing the possibility that COVID-19 might spread in the air. They reminded the public to always adhere to the health and safety protocols.
“Patuloy po tayong natututo tungkol sa SARS-CoV-2 at COVID-19. Kabilang na nga po dito ang mode of transmission o paraan ng pagkalat ng COVID-19 (We are continuously learning about SARS-CoV2 and COVID-19. This includes the mode of transmission of COVID-19). It’s an evolving science and new evidence continues to roll out,” according to DOH Spokesperson Maria Rosario Vergeire.
More than 200 scientists urged the World Health Organization (WHO) to acknowledge the possibility of airborne transmission. According to a study, “viruses are released during exhalation, talking and coughing in microdroplets small enough to remain aloft in the air.”
The WHO previously dismissed the possibility of airborne transmission but said they will release a scientific brief summary regarding the collected data on the modes of transmission of COVID-19
“This is a respiratory pathogen and so it is important that what we know is it fits into the guidance that we have, which is why a comprehensive package of interventions is required to be able to stop transmission,” according to WHO Technical Lead on COVID-19 Pandemic Maria Van Kerkhove.
Meanwhile, the DOH said they will also review and verify the evidence and studies about COVID-19 in order to provide appropriate information and advisories to the public. —AAC(with reports from Aiko Miguel)
MANILA, Philippines – The Quezon City Hall of Justice building and its annex will be temporarily shut down after four of its court officers and employees tested positive for novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the city government announced on Friday.
The city government said Mayor Joy Belmonte ordered the closure of the buildings for seven days of until the city’s Epidemiological and Disease Surveillance Unit (QC-ESU) has completed the appropriate testing and containment measures.
In her letter to Regional Trial Court Executive Judge Cecilyn Burgos-Villavert and Metropolitan Trial Court Executive Judge Ace Alagar, Belmonte explained that her decision to temporarily shut down the Hall of Justice is to enforce measures during epidemic or outbreak to prevent spread of disease.
QC-ESU head Dr. Rolly Cruz said they will conduct exhaustive contact tracing of all those who were in close contact with the court officers and employees who were found positive and perform follow-up testing as necessary.
Suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases shall be placed on home quarantine or isolation in a quarantine facility as feasible under the circumstances, he added.
Meanwhile, the city’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (DRRMO) started the thorough surface disinfection and misting of the whole City Hall complex.
The agency said the disinfection began on Thursday and will last until Sunday.
President Jair Bolsonaro on Friday (July 3) vetoed parts of a law that would have made wearing a face mask obligatory in enclosed spaces where large groups gather, as swathes of Brazil struggle to tame new infections of the coronavirus.
“Today there were various vetoes for legislation that spoke of the obligatory use of face masks, including inside the home. I vetoed (them). No one is going to enter a home and give a fine. I could also have got a fine because I am now without a mask,” he said.
Bolsonaro has regularly flouted social distancing guidelines advised by most health experts, shaking hands and embracing supporters. He has said publicly that his past as an athlete makes him immune to the worst symptoms of the virus.
He has also been widely criticised by health experts for downplaying the severity of the virus which he has dismissed as just “a little flu.” Bolsonaro has pressured governors and mayors for months to reverse lockdown measures and reopen the economy.
Bolsonaro’s veto comes as Brazil nears 1.5 million confirmed coronavirus cases on Friday. The virus continues to ravage Latin America’s largest country even as cities reopen bars, restaurants and gyms sparking fears infections will keep rising.
Brazil has the world’s second largest outbreak after the United States and the virus has killed over 60,000 people in the country.
In Rio alone, more than 6,600 people have died of COVID-19 in the past four months. Only 14 countries in the world have a death toll higher than the city. Intensive care units in public hospitals are at 70% capacity.
Sao Paulo, Brazil’s largest and worst-hit city, is expected to open bars and restaurants next week. (Reuters)
(Production: Sergio Queiroz, Leonardo Benassatto, Pablo Garcia, Leandra Camera, Paul Vieira)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.