Drug pusher with alleged links to a Chinese drug syndicate nabbed in Pateros
by Marje Pelayo | Posted on Wednesday, May 29th, 2019
MANILA, Philippines – A suspected drug pusher with alleged links to a Chinese drug syndicate was nabbed in Barangay Sta. Ana in Pateros on Tuesday evening (May 28).
The suspect, identified as Angelo Reyes, 65, was among the personalities on the police’s drug watchlist.
Police Major General Guillermo Eleazar said Reyes had been under surveillance due to his alleged connection with shabu trade in southern Metro Manila.
“The subject of the buy bust operation is one kilogram of shabu na ang usapan ay P1.5 million (which was priced for P1.5 million),” the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) Regional Director said.
“But initially, dahil sa naging transaksyon ay na-consumate nga dito (But because of the transaction, it was consummated here so) we’re able to confiscate another 500 grams,” he added.
Authorities seized a total of one and a half kilos of shabu with an estimated street value of P10 million.
The NCRPO said Reyes has alleged links to a group of Chinese nationals operating a drug trade in the southern part of Metro Manila and in Laguna.
“Ito rin ang mga nakita na pinaglagyan doon sa ibang operations na malakihang trabaho ng PDEA at ng PNP,” Eleazar explained.
(These are similar containers to those confiscated in big time anti-drug operations of PDEA and the PNP.)
“So, we will be coordinating with PDEA para mabigyan natin sila ng impormasyon na siguradong makakatulong para matunton ‘yung mga koneksyon nitong ating naarestong suspek,” he added.
(So, we will be coordinating with PDEA to brief them of information which may help to track the connections of the arrested suspect.)
Reyes denied using illegal drugs though he admitted that he used to sell drugs to make ends meet.
“Namomorsyento lang kasi ako doon. Hindi naman ako talagang naggagaganoon, (I sell for commissions but I do not use drugs,)” he confessed.
The suspect will face charges for violating Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
by Marje Pelayo | Posted on Monday, July 8th, 2019
MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte hinted on axing more employees from the Bureau of Customs (BOC) due to another cycle of corruption in the agency.
“Iyan ang problema ng Pilipinas (That’s the problem in the Philippines). So I have three years. When I go back, I would be firing more from the Bureau of Customs” the President announced on Friday (July 5) during the inauguration of a rice processing center in Alangalang, Leyte.
He also mentioned his earlier proposal of bringing in the military into the BOC because of the rampant corruption and drug smuggling in the agency.
“I am just telegraphing. Then maybe ilagay ko na sa Army talaga lahat ‘yang nasa ano (Then maybe I’ll place the army there in [BOC]). Hindi na ako maniwala niyan (I don’t believe) they are not allowed to work,” Duterte said.
“Since I cannot depend on the idiots, what should I do? Follow the rule that itong mga army, police, hindi makadala. And if my country is sinking, you want me to follow a rule that cannot help my country? I will not,” he stressed.
It will be recalled that Senator Panfilo Lacson had earlier said corruption remained “business as usual” inside the BOC because the “tara system” and illegal shipments such as drug smuggling remain in operation.
In October 2018, President Duterte ordered the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) to take over the BOC after billions of pesos worth of illegal drugs slipped past the Customs screening. – with details from Rosalie Coz
by Robie de Guzman | Posted on Friday, July 5th, 2019
Two suspected drug peddlers were arrested by authorities in a buy-bust operation conducted in Cavite on Thursday night (July 4).
The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) identified the suspects as Ato Labing Kasim, 30 and Jubaire Mohammad Kitab, 21.
PDEA said that Kasim and Kitab are allegedly linked to a Chinese drug lord, currently detained at the New Bilibid Prisons, who operates in parts of Metro Manila, Tacloban and Cavite. The alleged drug lord is also said to be operating in Mindanao with the help of a former mayor.
“Itong si Ato Kasim, may direct link kay Butokan Kendong na taga-Cotabato. Ito naman si Botokan Kendong, may direct link kay Montaser Sabal na amo din nito na former Mayor ng Talitay, Magindanao,” said Levi Ortiz, PDEA Special Enforcement Service Director III.
“Now these people, ang drugs kinukuha nila sa Chinese source na naka-detain ngayon sa Muntinlupa,” Ortiz added.
Recovered from the suspects were around one kilogram of shabu (crystal meth), which is estimated to worth nearly P7 million, and two vehicles allegedly used for drug transactions.
The suspects have denied the allegations.
“Hindi po namin kilala ‘yan, si Montaser Sabal,” Kasim said.
“Hindi ko po alam na mayroon pong droga sa ilalim ng upuan po ng sasakyan kasi ‘pag pinagpa-drive po ako, binibigyan ako P500 pamasahe pauwi,” Kitab said.
PDEA said the two suspects will face charges for violation of Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. (with details from Asher Cadapan Jr.)
by Robie de Guzman | Posted on Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
About one kilogram of suspected shabu (cystal meth) with an estimated value of P7.1 million was seized by the police from a teen suspect in a buy-bust operation conducted in Caloocan City on Wednesday morning.
Authorities identified the suspect as 18-year old Jaymark Mercene, alias Mac-Mac/Kapre.
Operatives from the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO), Caloocan City Police and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) conducted the operation around 1 a.m. at a motel in Rizal Avenue in Caloocan.
NCRPO Regional Director Major General Guillermo Eleazar said they launched the operation after receiving confirmation that Mercene was inside the motel.
The buy-bust in Caloocan was a follow-up of a previous anti-drug operation conducted in Parañaque last week.
Eleazar said Mercene was allegedly a trusted accomplice of Edgardo Mongado Jr., who is said to be the head of a criminal gang operating in Metro Manila and nearby towns.
Recovered from Mercene were marked money and bags of shabu wrapped in Chinese tea bags, similar to those seized by authorities in previous anti-drug operations.
“Kami’y naniniwala na kasama ito doon sa batch na ipinasok doon na ngayon ay ating nakukuha. But you can just imagine kung ito ay napakarami na kumalat na sa iba’t ibang lugar natin,” Eleazar said.
The police official said they are now conducting a follow-up operation to trace the connections of the criminal gang.
Mercene will face charges for violating the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act. (with details from Asher Cadapan Jr.)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.