Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

DOTr begins construction of Tutuban-Marilao station as part of PNR’s Manila to Clark Project

by admin   |   Posted on Sunday, 7 January 2018 04:13 PM


MANILA, Philippines — Officials of the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and local government officials of Bulacan led the groundbreaking ceremony for the start of the construction of the first phase of the Philippine National Railways (PNR) Clark project.

The first phase of the project covers the installation of new rails and construction of new stations from Tutuban in Manila to Malolos in Bulacan.

It will be 38 kilometers in length with its station located at Socorro, Marilao Bulacan.

The Tutuban to Marilao PNR station is the first phase of the Manila to Clark Railway Project the government targets to finish by the year 2022.

The DOTr said that the current 2-hour travel from Tutuban Manila to Bulacan will be shortened to 35 minutes once construction on the first phase of the Manila to Clark PNR project is completed.

 

DOTr explained that phase one which covers Tutuban up to Malolos will be operational by 2021 while phase 2 which covers Clark International Airport and new Clark City will be operational by 2022.

Based on the estimates of the transportation department, the PNR Manila to Clark project can accommodate up to more than 300,000 passengers.

Also present at the ground-breaking ceremony were Senators Joel Villanueva and Joseph Victor Ejercito who are both residents of Bulacan.

According to Senator Villanueva, the project is a huge help in creating more jobs.

“In the Build Build Build, what follows are more jobs. There will be a huge demand for carpenters, construction workers. It will create more jobs for our citizens,” he said.

Daily commuters will soon see the great benefits  of the project once it is completed.

“If the train will be completed, the traffic will be decongested. They said each town will have an exit,” said Bulacan resident, Rudy Farinas.

“Traffic will finally ease up because at present, it is too heavy. This project is going to be a huge help,” said Marlyn Macasmo, a local resident of Bulacan.

The Manila to Clark PNR project is among the projects under the Build, Build, Build program of the Duterte administration. — Joan Nano| UNTV News & Rescue

 

Tags: , , , , ,

UNTV Cup Season 7: Charity organizations receive over P10-M cash prizes

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Wednesday, 13 March 2019 12:50 PM

UNTV Cup Season 7 2nd Placer Senate Defenders pose for a photo together with their beneficiaries and UNTV Cup Founder Kuya Daniel Razon. (Charlie Miñon / Photoville International)

Aside from fostering camaraderie between players from different government agencies, participating teams of UNTV Cup are given the
opportunity to help people in need — that alone already makes every team a winner.

In line with the public service advocacy of UNTV Cup innovator, Daniel Razon, the charitable event allows each team to choose a charity institution that will receive corresponding cash prizes.

With the recently concluded UNTV Cup Season 7, chosen beneficiaries of respective teams once again received total cash prizes of ten million pesos tax free.

One of these charities is the Senate Defenders’ beneficiary, Pangarap Foundation Incorporated.

Pangarap Foundation provides shelter and care to street children and abused minors.

“Every year, we allocate the fund. So, yung mga previous na binibigay sa amin, dinadagdag namin sa pagkain because that is the most expensive item that we usually [provide], kasi hindi naman pwede magutom ‘yung mga bata. Pero last year, kasi marami, more than one million, ginamit namin sa pagpapa-aral sa mga anak. So, we have 43 na pinag-aaral at lahat sila ay nasa school,” Executive Director Leah Lanzuela of Pangarap Foundation, Inc. said.

(Every year, we allocate fund. So, the previous cash prizes we received, we used it to augment fund for food because that is the most expensive item. But last year, we had a lot — more than one million— which we used on the children’s education. We are currently sending 43 children to school.

The AFP Cavaliers dedicated their victory to the orphans of more than four thousand soldiers who were wounded or killed in action while on service.

It is the team’s third championship, and the cash prizes they have won from previous seasons of UNTV Cup have helped their chosen charity — the Armed Forces of the Philippines Educational Benefit System Office (AFP-EBSO) — in rebuilding the lives of the fallen soldiers’ families.

This season, the AFP Cavaliers once again bagged the grand prize for UNTV Cup Season 7, which means, their beneficiary will receive anew the coveted cash prize of four million pesos.

“Maliban sa pagpapa-aral, mayroon kaming mga allowances na binibigay ‘yung per semester and libreng miscellaneous, ‘yung mga libro, mga pangangailangang pang-araw-araw ng mga beneficiary natin,” AFP-EBSO Chief NCO MSG Manuel de Leon said.

(Aside from education, we have allowances provided per semester and free miscellaneous like books and daily needs of our beneficiaries.)

Senators Sonny Angara and Joel Villanueva lauded the advocacy of UNTV Cup.

“Napakaganda, talagang modern fairy tales itong ginagawa ninyo para sa ating mga kababayan. At kami naman, very privileged kami na maging parte nito at nagiging instrument kami through the game we love,” Sen. Sonny Angara said.

Sen. Joel Villanueva echoed the same sentiments, saying, “Itong ginagawa nila Kuya Daniel, ng UNTV leadership, talagang kakaiba ito eh. It’s such a great honor na to be part of really something big, something that has never been done before in the history of this country.”

Meanwhile, public service advocate, Daniel Razon, is thankful for the continued opportunity to help and do good for other people regardless of what others might say or think.

“We will always be happy doing it at nagpapasalamat tayo palagi sa Panginoon sa patuloy na pagbibigay sa atin ng pagkakataon na maipagpatuloy ito at dalangin natin na sana habang mayroon pa tayong pagkakataon ay makapagpatuloy tayo na magawa ‘yung ating natutunan na makagawa ng mabuti sa lahat ng mga tao at ‘yung ating paniniwala na ang paggawa ng mabuti ay hindi magbubunga ng masama,” the UNTV Cup innovator said.

In the next season of UNTV Cup, more teams from other government agencies are expected to participate which will extend help to more of our fellow Filipinos in need. — Asher Cadapan

Tags: , , , , ,

DOTr, PNP-HPG formally ink collaboration for stricter traffic law enforcement

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Tuesday, 12 March 2019 05:27 PM

The Philippine National Police – Highway Patrol Group (PNP-HPG) has taken on the task of becoming the lead traffic law enforcement arm of the Department of Transportation (DOTr).

This, after the DOTr and Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) signed a Memorandum of Agreement on March 11, 2019.

DOTr Sec. Arthur Tugade and DILG Sec. Eduardo Año signed the said commitment that will authorize the PNP-HPG to impose traffic rules and regulation within Metro Manila and nearby regions, with the full support of the Inter-Agency Council for Traffic (i-ACT).

As part of the agreement, the PNP-HPG is set to deploy 300 uniformed personnel, composed of 25 Police Commissioned Officers and 275 Police Non-commissioned Officers, for the National Capital Region and Regional Units that are tasked to augment logistical mobility support to empower i-ACT’s enforcement operations, as well as to ensure the effective implementation of the agreement.

Aside from the personnel augmentation, the group also committed its 24 mobile cars and 82 motorcycle units.

Tugade noted that the collaboration of the said agencies was the former HPG Chief and current LTFRB Board Member Antonio Gardiola’s idea with an objective to strengthen and empower the enforcement of traffic laws.

The transportation department will be in charge of the designation of i-ACT task force chief, who will be responsible for the PNP-HPG’s personnel deployment and logistical support in their respective posts.

Moreover, an Inter-Agency Technical Working group shall be established within 30 days upon the effectivity of the commitment to draft the implementing guidelines.

The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) also extended its assistance to the operations of i-ACT.

PCG Commandant Admiral Elson Hermogino immediately responded by assigning 25 PCG personnel to aid the i-ACT.

The PCG personnel are fresh graduates who went through LTO training in preparation for their field assignment. Another batch of PCG personnel are set to undergo training in the following weeks.

i-ACT, with the support of the PNP-HPG and PCG, will carry out its nationwide apprehension of illegal public utility vehicles (PUVs) or “colorum” vehicles to ensure road safety for the riding public.

The DILG’s commitment, through PNP-HPG, is now effective following the signing ceremony. — Freema Salonga-Gloria

Tags: ,

Mass immunization set across Bulacan amid measles outbreak

by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Wednesday, 13 February 2019 01:30 PM

BULACAN, Philippines – Due to the continuous rise in measles cases, the Bulacan Provincial government together with the Department of Health (DOH) Region 3 will hold a mass immunization in all 596 barangays in the province.

Measles cases across Bulacan have already reached 286 in the month of January alone; a more than 3,000% increase to last year’s seven cases during the same month.

The highest number recorded was in San Jose del Monte with 48; Baliuag with 33; Bocaue with 32; and Marilao with 21.

The infection already killed six infants age five months and below.

The situation prompted the local government unit (LGU) to intensify its Oplan Ligtas Tigdas program which was recently launched in the municipality of Malolos through the collaboration of the DOH Region 3 and the Bulacan Health Office, and the LGU.

All heads of barangays and health workers were directed to make rounds in communities to administer the immunization especially to babies who have no records of vaccination.

“Kailangan po namin ang pakiisa ninyo. (Mag) house to house. Ang target po natin ay ang mga nasa bahay wether they’re kinder,or day care (level) pero 1 month old or 6 months old. Ang kailangan po natin dito ay tulong ng mga kapitan,” appealed Bulacan Governor Wilhelmino Sy Alvarado.

In response, heads of barangays vowed to support the program for their respective constituents.

“Pupuntahan namin ang mga bahay-bahay per purok, may mga barangay health workers, volunteers,” assured Barangay Calumpit chairman Eugenio Garsota.

Meanwhile, Dr. Wilbert Ilerya of Pulilan Municipal Health Office suggested a schedule for the immunization program per barangay to avoid further spread of the infection.

He also stressed that once the mass immunization is launched, the local health center should make sure that there is enough supply of vaccines.

 This is a time of outbreak, kailangan may maibibigay na bakuna, para mahinto mo na yung paglaganap nung ng kaso ng measles,” Ilerya said.

The Health Regional Office, meanwhile, assured that there will be enough supply of vaccine for every barangay but in case of shortage, they can always ask for additional supply from the provincial health office.

As of now, wala po tayong kulang sa mga bakuna. Sapat papo ang ating bilang, If ever magkukulang man po we could always request from the
Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM)  to give another batch of vaccine from regular vaccination natin,” assured Dr. Shiela Mae Geronimo, DOH-3’s Development Management Officer 4.

Based on DOH-Region 3 records, Pampanga remains the highest in number of measles cases with 652; Bulacan with 560; and Tarlac with 333 cases.

DOH calls on the seven provinces in Region 3 to put up an isolation ward in every district and provincial hospitals to accommodate measles-infected patients.

We are having an outbreak at a regional level and the Bulacan level. We need to have isolation areas of all the hospital that we have whether it is level 1,2,3 hospital,” Geronimo emphasized. – Marje Pelayo (with reports from Nestor Torres)

Tags: , ,