Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Door failure disrupts MRT-3 ops

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Thursday, April 19th, 2018

FILE PHOTO: An MRT train

MANILA, Philippines — Over 1,000 passengers of Metro Rail Transit Line-3 (MRT-3) were offloaded at Ortigas Avenue Station, southbound lane at 1:17 pm on Thursday.

According to the MRT management, the train experienced door failure thereby forcing them to offload the passengers.

They explained that a possible cause of disruption in train operations is the surge of passengers who forcibly open train doors.

The passengers were transferred to the next train after six minutes. — UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: ,

Dalian trains to go on simulation run prior to 2018 debut

by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Monday, October 1st, 2018

MANILA, Philippines – Railway engineers from the Department of Transportation (DOTr), MRT-3, the Philippines National Railways, and CRRC Dalian recently convened to discuss the conduct of a simulation run of Dalian trains this October.

The said test run aims to review the reliability and compatibility of Dalian trains before officially hitting the tracks by the end of the year.

The MRT management, meanwhile, assured that the simulation run will not affect the MRT-3’s regular train services.

Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade previously said that they plan to inaugurate the official operation of the 48 Dalian trains before the end of 2018 only if they pass safety and security standards. – Marje Pelayo (with reports from Joan Nano)

Tags: , ,

MRT-3 to temporarily suspend operation from March 28 to April 1

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Saturday, March 17th, 2018

FILE PHOTO: An MRT train

MANILA, Philippines — The Metro Rail Transit Line-3 (MRT-3) will not operate for five days during the Holy Week.

Based on the advisory of the MRT-3 management, there will be no operations from March 28 to April 1.

This is to pave way for maintenance activities for the trains and facilities.

Its operations will return to normal on April 2, Monday. — UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: ,

Malacañang mulls filing new raps vs ex-DOTC execs over MRT-3 anomalies 

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Tuesday, March 6th, 2018

IMAGE_UNTV_NEWS_071117_MRT GLITCHES

FILE PHOTO: An MRT train in depot

MANILA, Philippines — Aside from his previous order to file plunder complaints against nine former officials of the past administration on the Metro Rail Transit (MRT) Line-3 maintenance deal, President Rodrigo Duterte has also directed Solicitor General Jose Calida to look further into the matter for possible charges that can be filed against other personalities who were responsible for the current mess the said mass transit is in.

Plunder charges have been filed before the Office of the Ombudsman against former Transporation Secretary Jun Abaya and former Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas.

“I know there was already a case filed for BURI [Busan Universal Rail Inc.] but there could be other cases filed as well. There could be other new ones because apparently, the problem lies not just with BURI but the problem lies with the current owners of MRT-3,” said Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque.

With this development, the government is looking for a long-term solution to the said MRT-3 woes.

Based on what was discussed at Monday’s 23rd Cabinet meeting of President Duterte, this long-term solution comes in the form of arranging for a new owner of the MRT-3.

This is aside from the ones in charge of the maintenance and operation.

“The ownership of MRT-3 is a private corporation. So they are thinking of changing the owners because we’ve had many problems with the current owners,” said Roque.

Currently, the private company Metro Rail Transit Corporation owns MRT-3.

Another long-term solution that the government is looking into is the procurement of all necessary spare parts, and entering into a new contract with the MRT-3’s original maintenance contractor, Japan’s Sumimoto Corporation. — Rosalie Coz | UNTV News and Rescue

Tags: