DOJ, naniniwalang honest mistake lang ang pagkakatanggal kay Delfin Lee sa database ng PNP
admin • March 10, 2014 • 3738
FILE PHOTO: Si Globe Asiatique President Delfin Lee sa pagharap nito Senate hearing bago ito nagtago. (UNTV News)
MANILA, Philippines – Naniniwala si Justice Secretary Leila De Lima na honest mistake lang ang pagkakatanggal ni Delfin Lee sa warrant of arrest database ng Philippine National Police (PNP).
Nanindigan din ang kalihim na hindi pa final and executory ang desisyon ng Court of Appeals na nagbabalewala sa warrant of arrest ni Lee dahil may inihain pang petition for certiorari ang DOJ sa Korte Suprema ukol dito.
“Speculate intindi nila quash na warrant of arrest by virtue of CA maaring ganun, if ganoon sa amin mali yun erroneous interpretation pero pwedeng sabihin honest mistake yun walang rason napagdududahan na that is an honest mistake.”
Makikipag-ugnayan ang DOJ sa PNP upang alamin ang issue ng delisting.
Samantala, naghain naman ng extreme urgent motion for habeas corpus sa Court of Appeals ang abugado ni Lee.
Nanindigan ang abugado ni Lee na iligal ang pag-aresto sa kaniyang kliyente.
Iginiit nito na walang TRO na inilabas ang Korte Suprema para ipatigil ang implementasyon ng November 7,2013 injunction decision ng CA at wala ring TRO ang Supreme Court na nagre-recall o pumipigil sa paglift ng Court of Appeals sa arrest warrant ni Lee.
Itinakda ang pagdinig sa apela bukas, Martes. (Victor Cosare / Ruth Navales, UNTV News)
MANILA, Philippines – The Supreme Court (SC) on Monday announced that work at all courts nationwide will be suspended at 3:30 p.m. on Monday in line with the observance of Family Week.
“Chief Justice Peralta leads the Judiciary in celebrating Family Week pursuant to Proclamation No. 60 (s.1992),” the SC Public Information Office (PIO) said in an advisory posted on its Twitter account.
“Work in all courts nationwide today shall only be until 3:30PM, to encourage court employees to spend more time with their families,” it added.
Under Presidential Proclamation No. 60 (s. of 1992), the last week of September of every year is declared as Family Week.
Malacañang earlier announced that work in government agencies under the executive branch will also be shortened on Monday afternoon to allow workers to celebrate Kainang Pamilya Mahalaga Day.
The Palace also encouraged other branches of the government, independent commissions and the private sector to do the same.
However, agencies whose functions involve the delivery of basic and health and services, preparedness/response to disasters and calamities, and/or the performance of other vital services are exempted from the work suspension.
MANILA, Philippines — The Supreme Court (SC) is considering holding the next bar examinations virtually.
At Thursday’s Senate hearing on the Judiciary’s proposed 2021 budget, Senator Francis Tolentino cited that there are several states in the United States that are gearing towards online bar examinations.
According to Chief Justice Diosdado Peralta, they are looking into the said move.
The SC has decided to postpone the 2020 bar examinations due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
It is expected to be held in November this year in conjunction with the 2021 bar examinations.
Next year’s bar exams will be held simultaneously at three sites located in Manila, Visayas, and Mindanao.
Associate justice and 2020 bar examination chairman Marvic Leonen confirmed that the team of the bar chair has been studying the possibility of conducting online but proctored bar exams or a mix of online and written exams in more than two places as part of bar reform.
“Definitely, the bar examinations will not be conducted as it was before,” he said.
“We have to embrace a better normal that is safe, effective and equitable taking advantage of the best digital formats while at the same time acknowledging issues of security and accessibility for some bar applicants,” he added.
Leonen said he has already “provided general briefings to the Court en banc but have not yet made a firm proposal until we have worked out all the logistical and security issues.”
“I am also in constant consultation with members of the Court and the bar chairs that will succeed me in 2022, 2023 and 2024,” he added.
Leonen said that in the coming months, pilot tests will be done to see the viability of various proposals for the conduct of future bar exams.
MANILA, Philippines – The next Bar examinations will be scheduled in November 2021, the Supreme Court announced Tuesday.
In a bulletin posted on its Twitter account, Bar Examinations chairperson, Associate Justice Marvic Leonen said the examination periods and venues for the next licensure test for aspiring lawyers will be announced in a separate bulletin.
It can be recalled that the high court postponed this year’s Bar exams “due to increasing number of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the prevailing quarantine protocols all over nation, and the continuing uncertainty.”
Before the coronavirus pandemic, the SC traditionally holds the Bar examinations in November of every year and announces the results either in April or May the following year.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.