DOJ directs PNP-CIDG to provide complete address of respondents in sedition complaint
Maris Federez • July 24, 2019 • 284
The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Wednesday directed the Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detention Group (PNP-CIDG) to provide them complete information of those who were made respondents in the sedition complaint before the agency.
This, following the PNP-CIDG’s filing of complaint for sedition before the DOJ against Vice President Leni Robredo, Senators Leila de Lima and Risa Hontiveros, and former Senators Antonio Trillanes IV and Bam Aquino, in relation to the so-called Project Sodoma on Thursday (July 18).
The DOJ Panel of State Prosecutors who was tasked to conduct preliminary investigation on the complaint issued an order directing the PNP-CIDG to provide them with the complete addresses of the said respondents.
The Panel noted that the complaint filed before it does not state respondents’ complete addresses.
It added that the missing information has made it difficult for the Panel to cause service of the subpoena to respondents.
The complaints filed against the respondents were sedition, inciting to sedition, libel, cyber libel, estafa, harboring a criminal and obstruction of justice.
“Wala lang galawan ng pamilya o kaya they just have to make sure that na ‘pag may ginawa siya sa ‘kin eh, I will not survive otherwise all hell will break loose.”
(Just don’t touch my family or they just have to make sure that when they do something to me, I will not survive otherwise all hell will break loose. )
This was what Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong had to say on the threats he has been receiving left and right in the past week.
The former chief of the Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG) also confirmed that he received a piece of A1 or top quality information on Thursday (October 3) on the purported plans of those who want to hurt him.
“Tinext na agad ako noong security ko tinext na rin siya ng isang gun for hire na, yung kilala niyang gun for hire eh may kumausap na raw at pinag kuwan ako (My security texted me as he received a message of one gun-for-hire whom he knew. The gun-for-hire said someone has talked to him already and wants me dead). I just have to, you know, be conscious with my security lalong lalo na sa aking family (especially of my family),” Magalong said.
Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) chief Dir. Gen. Aaron Aquino, on the other hand, said that he is already used to receiving death threats.
He, however, believes that the threats he is receiving now are more serious, which prompted him to also strengthen the security for his family.
“Natambangan ako ng (I had been ambushed) four times already. I even sold one of my small houses dahil kinasing na ako doon (because I had been monitored there). But the threat has intensified recently,” Aquino recounted.
All these stemmed from their expose on the 2013 agaw-bato incident in Pampanga that involved 13 police officers who allegedly engaged in recycling or reselling of illegal drugs that they confiscated from an anti-drug operation in Pampanga in 2013.
These police officers were under PNP Chief Oscar Albayalde when he was still the chief of Pampanga Provincial Police.
Aquino said that although he has no regrets doing what he did, he had to consult his family first before he made his move.
“Sabi nila (They said) the truth will set you free. Sabi nila (They said)‘Daddy, papa tell the truth,’” Aquino added.
Mayor Magalong, meanwhile, said he received messages from several police officers after Thursday’s Senate hearing.
“Thank you, sir, for standing and speaking up for the truth. We are carefully listening to all of the resource persons’ testimonies and honestly, sir, we are really demoralized,” Magalong quoted some of the messages. (from the report of Grace Casin) /mbmf
A protest group, Tindig Pilipinas, on Friday slammed the ongoing investigation of the Department of Justice (DOJ) on the sedition complaints against Vice President Leni Robredo and other members of the opposition.
Only the lawyers of VP Robredo and of the members of the opposition were present in the DOJ hearing.
The counsels of former senators Antonio Trillanes IV and Bam Aquino, as well as of Senator Risa Hontiveros and of Samira Gutoc, have also filed their own affidavits on the complaint.
They also appealed for the immediate dismissal of the complaint filed by the PNP-CIDG which the agency based on the sworn statement of Peter Joemel Advincula, alias Bikoy, on the alleged Project Sodoma which purportedly aimed at toppling down the Duterte administration.
Meanwhile, the Free Legal Assistance Group (FLAG) has also filed a countersuit against Advincula and the PNP-CIDG officials.
“We just filed a complaint affidavit for perjury and use of false testimony in an official proceeding against Col. Ibay of the CIDG and Peter Advincula alias Bikoy,” said FLAG’s Atty. Rafael Aquino. (with details from Nel Maribojoc) /mbmf
MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG) has filed a kidnapping with serious illegal detention charges against former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV and three others before the Department of Justice (DOJ).
Based on a copy of a complaint filed August 15, the complaint stemmed from the affidavit of Guillermina Lalic Barrido, a 43-year old businesswoman from Davao City.
Barrido claimed she was detained for nearly two weeks in two convents in Makati and Quezon City in December 2016, and forced to sign a document linking President Rodrigo Duterte to corruption and illegal drugs.
In 2017, Barrido accused Trillanes of trying to bribe her to make derogatory statements against Duterte.
The PNP-CIDG said in its complaint that “It is clear from the foregoing that herein respondents feloniously, maliciously and intentionally put the complainant under detention for 14 days in order to force her to do something against her will.”
Aside from Trillanes, also named as respondents to the complaint were lawyer Jude Sabio, a certain Sister Ling, and priest Albert Alejo.
It can be recalled that Sabio was the one who filed a communication with the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Duterte campaign against illegal drugs.
In a statement, Trillanes denied Barrido’s allegation, insisting that he does not know the complainant.
“Never ko na-meet ‘yan si Guillerma Arcillas or Barrido. San ka makakita na pari at madre daw ang kasama ko sa pagkidnap at sa kumbento pa daw sya dinetain?” he said.
“Bukod pa dyan, 2016 pa raw sya kinidnap pero ngayon lang nag-file ng kaso,” he added.
Trillanes, a staunch critic of the Duterte administration, said that based on the information he received, Barrido allegedly volunteered to testify against Duterte in exchange for money.
“Ang impormasyon ko d’yan ay isa siyang nagboluntaryong mag-testigo laban daw kay Duterte pero butas-butas ang kwento at nanghihingi diumano ng pera kapalit ng kanyang salaysay kaya hindi tinanggap bilang testigo. Tapos ng hindi nabigyan ng pera, bumaliktad,” he said.
The former lawmaker also called the kidnapping charge against him as “clear harassment” and “persecution” against the administration’s critics.
Sabio, Alejo and “Sister Ling” have yet to issue any statement on the issue as of posting. RRD (with details from Correspondent April Cenedoza)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.