DOH supports lawsuit filed by parents against Sanofi Pasteur
admin • January 26, 2018 • 3639
MANILA, Philippines — In a forum with parents and school officials of Santa Rosa Central III Elementary School in Santa Rosa City, Laguna Health Secretary Francisco Duque III assured a mother of a child who got afflicted with severe dengue in September of 2017, one year after the child was vaccinated with Dengvaxia vaccine.
Valenzuela has expressed concern as they once again brought her child to the hospital, Wednesday, due to high fever.
Teressa is having problems with paying the more than P90,000 peso hospital bill they have yet to pay since last year.
Secretary Duque assures them that the department will be the one to shoulder the unpaid expenses.
The DOH will pay for it under its medical assistance program. But when you have PhilHealth, use it. Philhealth will pay your medical bills whether it be a private or public hospital,” said Duque.
The secretary said they fully support the filing of charges against Sanofi Pasteur in case the pharmaceutical company committed violations.
Duque also questioned the support Sanofi gets during the clinical trial on the vaccine conducted by the RITM.
“We will leave the investigation up to the DOJ, PAO, and NBI. Of course, it is difficult if it will be the DOH that will investigate. There will just be doubts,” said the health secretary.
Duque said that the Office of the Ombudsman has already ordered the RITM to submit all the clinical trial records of Dengvaxia.
Meanwhile, the DOH is set to release on Friday the results of the examination conducted by the UP-PGH on the alleged negative side effect of the anti-dengue vaccine.
The Health Department has also invited the Public Attorney’s Office (PAO) which also conducted its own investigation.
“So we could have harmonization and alignment of the findings between what PAO did forensic pathology investigation or studies and then the UP-PGH Task Force did the audit of clinical charge and medical record we will make sure that there is complementary between the two findings,” Duque said.
The DOH reminded the public to always clean their surroundings to avoid contracting dengue. — Leslie Longboen | UNTV News and Rescue
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Health (DOH) has established a protocol requiring all healthcare workers to undergo tests for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) despite exhibiting mild symptoms.
According to the DOH, healthcare workers belong to the ‘vulnerable’ group whose conditions need primary attention.
Since the fight against COVID-19 started in January, a number of doctors, nurses, hospitals and laboratory staffers have fallen ill, some have died, due to exposure to COVID-19.
Based on DOH’s previous policy on COVID-19 testing, workers belonging to the ‘vulnerable population’ should be prioritized but that included only senior citizens or the elderly with pre-existing medical conditions and those who are showing severe symptoms of the disease.
But following review of the policy on Tuesday (March 31), the DOH decided to include the healthcare workers to the vulnerable group.
“Kapag nagpunta sa isang health facility ang ating mga healthcare workers, dahil sila ay may sintomas o sila ay na- expose, kailangan po silang asikasuhin [Healthcare workers should be attended to once they show symptoms (of COVID-19) due to their exposure to the virus in a health facility where they work],” noted DOH Spokesperson Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire.
“Kailangan po silang i- test ng ating mga heathcare workers [We should test our healthcare workers],” she added.
The DOH is still collating information about healthcare workers or medical professionals across the country who have been affected by COVID-19.
Medical professionals who contracted the disease in line of duty will receive P100,000 insurance package each.
Meanwhile, relatives of medical front-liners who succumbed to COVID-19 will get P1-M financial assistance from the national government. MNP (with inputs from Aiko Miguel)
The Department of Health (DOH) on Sunday (March 29) condemned the discrimination and harassment against health workers frontlining the country’s battle against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
In a digital press briefing, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire denounced the attack against a health worker in Tacurong City, Sultan Kudarat.
“Atin pong bigyan ng tamang pagpapahalaga at respeto ang ating healthcare workers na taos pusong naglilingkod at nagsasakripisyo para proteksyunan ang buhay ng mamamayang Pilipino (Let us give the proper importance and respect to our healthcare workers who serve and sacrifice to protect the lives of the Filipinos),” she said.
The nurse in Sultan Kudarat was doused with bleach while on his way to work. The suspects had mistaken the nurse to have been infected by COVID-19.
The Health Department, said they have been receiving several reports of harassment against health workers amid the enhanced community quarantine. AAC
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Health (DOH) on Wednesday reported that the number of people infected with novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the country has climbed to 636 following the confirmation of 84 new cases.
The DOH also reported three new deaths, bringing the total number of COVID-19 fatalities to 38.
The department said the latest fatalities were all Filipinos, identified as Patients 319, 326 and 29.
In its report, the DOH said that Patient 319 is a hypertensive and diabetic 56-year old male from Quezon City who had no travel and exposure history. He died on March 22 due to community-acquired pneumonia secondary to COVID-19.
Patient 326 is a 57-year old male from Caloocan City with hypertension, diabetes mellitus, dyslipidemia. He had no travel and exposure history. He died on March 16 due to Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome secondary to community-acquired pneumonia high risk and COVID-19. He was confirmed to have contracted the virus on March 21.
Patient 29 is an 82-year old female from Marikina City with hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and valvular heart disease. She had a travel history to the United States and exposure to a known COVID-19 case. She died on March 23 due to shock multifactorial (septic and cardiogenic), Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome secondary to COVID-19 pneumonia, and Acute Renal Failure secondary to sepsis.
The DOH earlier explained that the surge in coronavirus cases is due to the country’s increased testing capacity.
Meanwhile, six new recoveries were reported on Wednesday, bringing the total to 26.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.