DOH says IATF yet to decide on quarantine classifications; asks public not to share unverified info

Robie de Guzman   •   July 28, 2021   •   161

MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Health (DOH) on Wednesday night called on the public to refrain from sharing unverified information following the circulation of messages about possible lockdowns.

The DOH clarified that the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) has yet to decide on whether it will recommend stricter quarantine restrictions amid the threat of the more contagious COVID-19 variants.

“We would like to clarify that the IATF has yet to decide on the quarantine classification of Metro Manila and other areas,” the DOH said in a statement.

“We remind the public not to share unverified sources of information to avoid panic and confusion,” it added.

National Task Force against COVID-19 deputy chief implementer Vince Dizon earlier said the national government is open to proposals to implement a lockdown to curb the further spread of coronavirus disease.

The OCTA Research group earlier suggested the enforcement of a two-week “circuit breaker” lockdown in Metro Manila after its COVID-19 reproduction rate climbed to 1.33.

The national government is expected to announce the new quarantine classifications after the IATF meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte Wednesday.

DOJ to issue immigration lookout bulletin order against Michael Yang

Aileen Cerrudo   •   September 14, 2021

Michael Yang

 

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Justice will issue an immigration lookout bulletin order (ILBO) against former presidential adviser Michael Yang on Tuesday, Secretary Menardo Guevarra announced.

This is in response to the request of Senate Blue Ribbon Committee chairman Senator Richard Gordon to place Yang under an immigration watchlist.

Gordon on Monday (September 13) wrote to DOJ Secretary Menardo Guevarra to seek issuance of an immigration lookout bulletin order (ILBO) against Yang.

A similar request was previously submitted to the DOJ for former Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Undersecretary Lloyd Christopher Lao and seven others, to which an immigration lookout order had been released.

Yang and Lao are both under probe due to alleged deficiencies in the use of the P67-billion budget for pandemic response under the Department of Health (DOH) which was reflected in the 2020 Commission on Audit (COA) report.

The Blue Ribbon has been investigating the government’s handling of COVID-19 response funds, including the procurement of supposedly “overpriced” face masks and shields. AAC

 

640 more Delta variant cases detected in Phl

Maris Federez   •   September 13, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Philippine health authorities have detected 640 Delta (B.1.617.2) variant cases (85.6%), 28 Beta (B.1.351) variant cases (3.7%), 24 Alpha (B.1.1.7) variant cases (3.2%), and five P.3 variant cases (0.7%) in the latest batch of whole-genome sequencing of 748 samples.

In a press release on Monday, the Department of Health said that 584 of the additional 640 Delta variant cases, were local cases and 52 were returning overseas Filipinos (ROF).  Four cases are currently being verified whether they are local or ROF cases.

Based on the case line list, three cases are still active, 13 cases have died, while 624 cases have been tagged as recovered. Case details are being validated by the regional and local health offices.

The total Delta variant cases are now 2,708, the report said.

Meanwhile, of the additional 24 Alpha variant cases, 23 were local cases and one was a ROF.

Based on the case list, one case died while 23 cases have been tagged as recovered.

The total Alpha variant cases are now 2,448.

On the other hand, the additional 28 Beta variant cases were all local cases. Based on the case list, all have been tagged as recovered.

The total Beta variant cases are now 2,725.

The report further said that five additional P.3 variant cases were all local cases and have been tagged as recovered.

The DOH said these sequenced samples were submitted by 77 laboratories, collecting institutions, and different Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Units (RESU).

Meanwhile, the UP-PGC also announced that starting September 9 they have scaled down their COVID-19 RT-PCR testing services to shift their resources on the detection of COVID-19 variants through whole-genome sequencing.

The shift will lead to an expected increase in the sequencing capacity and detection of COVID-19 variant cases in the country in the succeeding months.

Phl logs 21,411 new COVID-19 cases; total now at 2,227,367

Maris Federez   •   September 13, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippines recorded 21,411 new COVID-19 cases, pushing the tally to 2,227,367, the Department of Health (DOH) said on Sunday.

The recorded new infections also brought the total active COVID-29 cases to 181,951.

Of this number, 86 percent are mild, 9.5 percent are asymptomatic, 0.6 percent are critical, 1.3 percent are severe, and 2.59 percent are moderate.

The DOH also reported that the total number of recoveries stands at 2,010,271 with the addition of 25,049 patients recuperated from the disease.

Meanwhile, 168 new fatalities caused the country’s COVID-19 death toll to climb to 35,145.

The DOH reported that 65 duplicates were removed from the overall case tally including 57 recoveries and one death.

After final validation, 58 cases that were initially tagged as recoveries, were reclassified as deaths.

Five laboratories were not able to submit data to the COVID-19 Document Repository System, the DOH said. —/mbmf

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.