Dismissed cop, ex-PDEA agent nabbed for carnapping, kidnapping of 2 Chinese nationals

Marje Pelayo   •   June 8, 2018   •   4010

 

 

(L-R) QCPD Director PCSUPT Joselito Esquivel Jr., PNP chief Director General Oscar Albayalde and NCRPO Director PCSupt. Guillermo Eleazar presented to media the suspects in the kidnapping of 2 Chinese nationals. (UNTV News & Rescue)

 

QUEZON CITY, Philippines – Members of the Quezon City Police District arrested a dismissed policeman and a former agent of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) who were among those responsible for the carnapping and kidnapping of two Chinese nationals in Quezon City.

The suspects were identified as Mark Anthony Roque, a dismissed Police Officer 1 previously assigned to the Philippine National Police (PNP) Crime Laboratory and Arnold Camayang, a former PDEA Intelligence agent. Their two other companions were Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) traffic constable Alvin Jay Roque and one civilian in the person of Christian John Talaue.

PNP Chief Director General Oscar Albayalde relayed that on May 25, the suspects blocked the white Toyota commuter van of victims, Wu Shaowei and Wu Yaochui, along Congressional Avenue. The suspects were on board a gray Toyota commuter van which they previously acquired from the victims on April 7.

“Iyong mga Chinese ay madali nila takutin. Tinatakot nila. Usually itong si Roque ay nagpapakilala as police officer tapos kunwari may violation. Sasabihin niya, ‘Pulis ako may violation ka.’ Tatakutin niya itong Chinese tapos sasakay kunwari. Tapos kunwari nakipag-areglo iyon pala kukunin lahat pati pera,” Albayalde narrated.

(They can easily scare the Chinese. Roque would usually introduce himself as a police officer and pretend to arrest them over a violation. He’d say,” I’m a police officer, you have a violation.” He would board the vehicle and pretend to settle, but he’ll take everything including money.)

The suspects demanded P3 million for the release of the victims. They even accompanied the victims to their residence to receive the initial P300,000 chunk of the ransom money. Aside from cash, the suspects also took the victims’ white van, a Toyota Fortuner and another parked vehicle at the victims’ house.

“Nangarnap sila ng sasakyan at nangidnap pa sila. Then during the process ng pangidnap, kumuha sila ng pera, P3 million naging P300,000 pero lahat ng makitang sasakyan na puwedeng kunin e kukunin nila,” added NCRPO Director PCSupt. Guillermo Eleazar.

(They committed carnapping and kidnapping.  During the process of kidnapping, the P3 million they initially demanded became P300,000, but they took all the cars they could find.)

The suspects were tracked after a tipster sighted the victims’ missing van along Amoranto Avenue in Quezon City.

The suspects will face charges of kidnapping, robbery, violation of RA 4136 or the Land Transportation and Traffic Code as well as a usurpation of authority. Authorities will also look into the suspects’ possible accomplices inside the Land Transportation Office (LTO.) – Lea Ylagan / Marje Pelayo

BI says Chinese top list of barred foreigners in 2019

Robie de Guzman   •   January 16, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – Chinese nationals top the list of foreigners who were barred from entering the Philippines in 2019 after they were found lacking documents or ineligible to enter or stay in the country, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) reported on Thursday.

BI port operations division chief Grifton Medina said around 3,527 Chinese were denied entry last year, followed by 488 Vietnamese.

Some 329 Indonesians and 255 Malaysians were also among those prohibited to enter and stay in the Philippines.

Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said a total of 7,724 foreigners were barred from entering the country in 2019 or 65 percent higher than the 4,679 aliens who were turned back in ports in 2018.

“They were turned back by immigration officers who, after the conduct of primary and secondary inspection, found that they were improperly documented, or ineligible to enter and stay in the Philippines,” Morente said in a statement.

He added that the aliens were immediately booked on the first available flight to back to their port of origin.

He also stressed that immigration officers have the authority to assess and decide if an arriving foreign national is eligible to be admitted into the country as a temporary visitor.

“A foreigner may be excluded if he is improperly documented, or the immigration officer deems that his presence or stay here is inimical to the national interest and public welfare,” Morente said.

The bureau also said that nearly two-thirds of the excluded aliens were tagged as likely to become public charges, or persons whose reasons for entry to the Philippines is doubtful, lacks the means to support their stay in the country, and were unable to explain their purpose in traveling to the Philippines.

“The others who were turned back were improperly documented aliens, convicted sex offenders, rude passengers, blacklisted foreigners, and those without entry visas,” it said.

PNP-AKG rescues 3 Chinese nationals from kidnap-for- ransom group

Maris Federez   •   December 14, 2019

The Philippine National Police-Anti Kidnapping Group (PNP-AKG) has confirmed the rescue of three Chinese nationals from a kidnap for ransom group in Bacoor, Cavite on Friday (December 13).

The victims, namely, Pham ThiTu, Zhang Juanzi, Shen Wenhui were allegedly raped by the suspects who are also Chinese nationals.

The rescue led to the arrest of the six suspects.

A statement sent to the media on Saturday said PNP-AKG teams led by PMaj. Cesar Nuñez Jr and PMaj. Edgar Pablico, together with the PNP Bacoor under PLtCol. Villaflor Bannawagan conducted the rescue after receiving reports from the partners of the victims.

The first complaint came from Huafeng Du on Dec. 12 regarding the abduction of his girlfriend, Pham.

He said the kidnappers demanded 200,000 RMB in exchange for the release of his girlfriend.

The second complaint was filed by Chang Hsiang Hao on December 11, reporting that his girlfriend Zhang Juanzi left on December 10 at around 11:00 PM but has not returned home since.

He said he received a WeChat message from the victim’s account on December 11 asking for Php 700,000 which he sent through an online payment app. However, the kidnapper did not release the victim but demanded instead for another Php 700,000 on December 12.

The third victim named Shen Wenhui was abducted inside Okada Hotel at around 10:00 in the evening on December 12 and was brought to the said place in Bacoor, Cavite. /mbmf

50 plain-clothes cops to be deployed during Maguindanao Massacre case promulgation

Maris Federez   •   December 10, 2019

MANILA, Philippines— The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) will deploy 50 police officers in civilian clothes to ensure security during the promulgation of the Maguindanao Massacre case on December 19, 2019.

This is apart from the more than the 200 Special Action Force (SAF) troopers and the Civil Disturbance Management Unit that have been initially tasked by the NCRPO to guard the security in the Metropolis.

According to NCRPO acting director PBGen. Debold Sinas, they will implement a lockdown inside the Camp Bagong Diwa-Taguig so that no untoward incident will slip through them during the promulgation.

 “They already approved na mag lock down kami ibig sabihin yung ibang jail na nandoon di ba 6 jails ang nandoon pero lahat sila hindi na mag aaccept ng bisita on the 18th and the 19th,” Sinas said.

He added that they will not let any protest rallies be staged inside and outside the camp as this will stall traffic flow.

Sinas also assured that the Quezon City Police District (QCPD) will strictly guard the security of Judge Jocelyn Solis-Reyes, as well as, the prosecutors.

“Ngayon pa lang sini secure na natin ang judge. After the promulgation continue pa rin yung security natin sa kanya until such time na she will feel normal. Including yung prosecutor,” he added.

To date, authorities have yet to receive any threat against Reyes, the prosecutors, and even in the venue where the promulgation will take place. (from the report of Lea Ylagan) /mbmf

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

(+632) 8920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+632) 8396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+632) 8 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.