DILG warns: Use of politician’s name, photo in aid distribution prohibited

Aileen Cerrudo   •   April 6, 2021   •   302

MANILA, Philippines—The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) has warned against the use of a politician’s name, photo, or image in the distribution of “ayuda” (financial assistance) to NCR Plus areas covered by the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).

“The use of the ayuda for partisan political purposes for the 2022 national elections is strictly prohibited. The DILG will not tolerate the politicization of government aid or tolerate the practice when we see it or made aware of it,” DILG Spokesperson Jonathan Malaya said.

Malaya said the DILG and the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) have issued guidelines for the distribution of financial assistance to the National Capital Region (NCR) Plus areas covered by Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ).

He also said violators will be liable under Section 82 of the General Appropriations Act. The said act prohibits the use of the name, visage, appearance, logo, signature, or any other analogous image of any public official, whether elected or appointed, on all programs, activities, and projects of the government.

The public can also file complaints with the DILG office in their area and public officials may face administrative charges.

Meanwhile, the DILG official assured the public that measures are taken to ensure that the funds will get to the intended beneficiaries.

“We will make sure that the funds downloaded to the LGUs are used for purposes they were intended for. Before distribution, the mayor should issue an executive order detailing therein the type, manner, or process of distribution so that the public is properly guided. They are also required to create a Grievance and Appeals Committee per LGU where people can submit complaints,” he said. AAC

DOH asks Comelec to find alternative ways for COVID-19 patients to vote

Aileen Cerrudo   •   September 17, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—The Department of Health (DOH) on Friday urged the Commission on Elections (Comelec) to find alternative ways on how COVID-19 patients can cast their vote in the 2022 national elections.

DOH Usec. Maria Rosario Vergeire reiterated that they will not allow COVID-19 patients to leave isolation to vote in the upcoming elections. She said this might lead to increasing the risk of virus transmission to other voters.

“Kailangan din isaisip dapat may alternative tayo for those who are COVID-19 positive para po sa botohan na ito. Alam po natin na ang isang positibong tao kapag lumabas po ng isang kwarto o ng isang lugar ay maaaring makahawa ng ibang tao, (We also need to look into alternative ways for the COVID-19 positive voters in this election. We do know that positive patients, once they leave their room or an area, can infect others)” she said.

The DOH official suggested going digital or online for COVID-19 patients.

“Sana po Comelec will have an alternative way of having these elections for those COVID-19 positive patients baka pwede naman pong virtual na lang, digital through SMS kung makakagawa po tayo ng ganitong proseso dahil talag ang ang Department of  Health po ay hindi po natin inirerekomenda na ang mga COVID-19 positive patients ay lalabas po ng kanilang isolation area to do this kind of activity, (I hope Comelec will have an alternative way of having these elections for  COVID-19 positive patients. Maybe it can be done virtually, digital through SMS if such a process can be done because the DOH will not recommend for COVID-19 patients to leave the isolation area to do this kind of activity),” Vergeire said.

Meanwhile Comelec spokesperson James Jimenez previously said that it would be a challenge to find alternative methods for COVID-19 patients to vote, however, he said the Comelec en Banc will discuss the process on how it can be done.

There are currently no guidelines allowing patients to vote in polling centers. AAC (with reports from Dante Amento)

 

DOH: Quarantine alert levels system, posibleng ipatupad na rin sa mga lalawigan

Robie de Guzman   •   September 17, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Posibleng ipatupad na rin sa iba pang lalawigan ang ipinaiiral ngayong quarantine alert levels system sa Metro Manila.

Ayon kay Department of Health (DOH) Spokesperson Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire, maaaring simulan ang sistema sa ibang probinsiya bago matapos ang buwan ng Setyembre.

“Pag nakakita tayo ng positibong resulta dito sa ginagawang pilot implementation, we may be able to roll it out to the rest of the country at maybe towards the end of September,” ani Vergeire.

“Every week, we will be assessing so that we will see yung progress natin. Ano yung pwedeng baguhin, ano yung pwede na nating i-retain, ano ang mga metrics na dapat pag-aralan at ano pa yung ways moving forward. So, it’s until Sept. 30,” dagdag pa niya.

Sa ngayon aniya ay tinututukan ng DOH ang epekto ng granular lockdowns sa ilalim ng alert levels system sa hawaan ng COVID-19 sa Metro Manila.

Sa tala ng DOH, nakakapagtala pa rin ang bansa ng mahigit sa 20,000 libong kaso sa isang araw dahil na rin sa pagkalat ng COVID-19 Delta variant.

“Ang alert level po dynamic iyan, nababago-bago po iyan. Hindi po iyan pwedeng mag stick ng dalawang linggo at hindi natin binago. Maaari po na after one week, mabago ang alert level. So we will be adding or we will be subtracting from this specific responses na meron tayo kaya po nagpa-pilot o sinusubukan,” ani Vergeire.

Kapag natapos na ang pilot implementation ng bagong alert level system sa Metro Manila ay ihahayag ng DOH ang mga ginamit nilang sukatan upang tukuyin kung ano ang kanilang batayan sa alert level classification na ipinatutupad sa isang lugar. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Aiko Miguel)

 

DILG says pilot run of new alert level system in NCR ‘so far, so good’

Marje Pelayo   •   September 17, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) said the launch of the new alert level system in the National Capital Region (NCR) on Thursday (September 16) has been good so far.

“Maayos po ang ating pilot run the first day of implementation ng new alert level system. In fact, malinaw sa mga local government units ang mga pamantayan,” said DILG Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya.

The official said the LGUs deployed their respective inspectors to different establishments to verify the vaccination status of patrons dining in restaurants.

Malaya said that even though the new policy poses a huge challenge to the department, they are confident that with the help and cooperation of the agencies and the public, the purpose of the alert level system will be achieved especially against the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Malaking hamon po ito sa DILG kaya kahapon po nagbigay ng kautusan si Sec. Año na lahat ng LGUs, kasama na rin ang NCRPO, na paigtingin ang enforcement ng minimum health standards ng mga establisyemento na ina-allow to operate,” he said.

“Kahit na rin po ang ating mga kababayan, ang kanilang adherence to minimum public health standards,” he added.

Under the Alert Level 4, mass gatherings like concerts, wedding receptions, birthday parties, family reunions, parades and alike, as well as gatherings in residences with one person outside of the immediate household are strictly not allowed.

“Para po masiguro ang compliance ng ating mga kababayan dito sa mga regulasyon na ito, nagbigay po ng direktiba si Sec. Año sa ating mga barangay, kapulisan, at LGUs na mag-deploy at mag-reactivate ng kanilang mga COVID marshal, barangay at disiplina brigade, at mga police marshal,” Malaya said.

Alert Level 4 is the second highest classification imposed on  areas wherein case counts are alarming with total bed utilization rate and intensive care unit utilization at critical level.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.