Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

DILG to conduct nationwide info drive on federalism

by UNTV   |   Posted on Monday, January 15th, 2018


MANILA, Philippines — Representatives of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) are set to conduct information campaign across the country to educate the public on the benefits of federalism.

DILG Assistant Secretary at federalism campaign chief Jonathan Malaya is confident that the general public will welcome the Duterte administration’s federal form of government.

“Ang ipapaliwanag mo na lang sa kanila is yung mas malaking pondong pupunta sa kanilang LGU (local government unit), yung serbisyong mas maganda (What needs to be explained to them is the bigger fund that will go to LGUs and the better services) ,” said Malaya.

Aside from its benefits, DILG also has other ways to make the concept easily understandable to the masses.

“Mag-iikot po kami (We will be going around). Gagawa po kami ng komiks, meron kaming mga kung ano-ano (We will be producing comics and other stuff),” said the campaign chief. “We produced this book with all of the leading federalists because we want to clear the issues,” he said.

Also, Malaya said the local government will have a huge role to help in the realization of the campaign.

The Duterte administration targets to implement federalism before President Rodrigo Duterte ends his term in 2022. — Rajel Adora | UNTV News & Rescue

 

 

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

DILG orders barangays to submit report of SK expenditures for last year, sets March 15 deadline

by UNTV   |   Posted on Friday, February 16th, 2018

FILE PHOTO: A Barangay election precinct

MANILA, Philippines — As preparation for the upcoming village and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) elections on the 14th of May.

The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) has reminded all barangays to submit their report on where the funds of their respective SK councils went to last year.

The DILG said that the move aims to ensure that all funds for SK directly benefit the youth.

Based on the guidelines of the Commission on Elections (Comelec), 10 percent of the general fund of barangays allotted to councils should be used for youth development and empowerment programs until new SK officials are elected.

The DILG has given barangays until March 15 to submit their respective reports. — UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , ,

SolGen: Ombudsman Morales concealed the result of Trillanes’ plunder complaint against Pres. Duterte

by UNTV   |   Posted on Wednesday, February 14th, 2018

 

The ombudsman completed the Trillanes vs Duterte plunder complaint investigation in November 2017 but informed the solicitor general about it only on February 12.

MANILA, Philippines — Government allies accused Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales of concealing the investigation she conducted in connection with the plunder complaint filed by Senator Antonio Trillanes IV against President Rodrigo Duterte.

The ombudsman completed the said investigation in November of last year but informed the solicitor general about it only on February 12.

With this, the Office of the Solicitor General is studying the possible charges it could file against Morales.

The plunder complaint stemmed from the alleged hidden wealth of the president.

“This will be another case probably before the Supreme Court and I will be the one to argue it,” said Calida.

“Remember the president is the chief executive anyone who doesn’t agree with him should go to court and we will meet him there,” he added.

Calida claims that he would not have learned of the said decision had he not written a letter to the ombudsman last Friday to know the status of the complaint.

Based on the reply of Overall Deputy Ombudsman Melchor Arthur Carandang on Monday, the complaint was already “case closed and terminated” on November 29 of last year.

According to Calida, the president has the right to know the status of the complaint.

“It should be noted that Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales inhibited herself from this matter. It concerns the integrity of the president of the Philippines. She should explain first why she kept this from the public,” said the solicitor general.

With this development, Calida believes the Senate has no reason to investigate the allegations against the president.

In response, opposition members Senator Antonio Trillanes said, “Bakit sila nagpapanic? Bakit ayaw nilang mapahiya ako and most of all bakit ayaw pirmahan ni Duterte yung waiver, ayaw niyang tanggapin ang hamon ko. Pirmahan niya yung waiver, kapag mali ako, magreresign ako,” said Trillanes.

(Why are they panicking? Why don’t they want to embarrass me? And most of all why did President Duterte did not want to sign the waiver. He does not want to accept my challenge. He should sign my waiver. If I’m wrong, I will resign.)

While Magdalo Representative Gary Alejano said, “I am confident that the ombudsman would find out and prove that indeed the bank account and transaction records of Duterte are true and correct — it’s just a matter of time.”

Ombudsman Morales has yet to comment on the matter. — Aiko Miguel | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , ,

SSS squabble cited as reason behind non-renewal of term of top execs

by UNTV   |   Posted on Wednesday, February 14th, 2018

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte will not tolerate squabble in the board of Social Security System (SSS).

Presidential Spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque said that this is the reason why the president did not extend the term of Amado Valdez as chairman, and Jose Gabriel “Pompee” La Viña as commissioner of SSS.

Both served on a hold-over capacity and their term expired on June 30, 2017.

“I think the president wants them replaced because he thinks SSS will be more efficient if there is no squabble among the board [members] of SSS,” said Roque. — UNTV News & Rescue

 

 

Tags: , , ,