DFA, nagpadala na ng note verbale sa embahada ng China kaugnay sa umano’y tangkang pambobomba sa NAIA, Chinese embassy at 2 pang lugar sa bansa

admin   •   September 4, 2014   •   4461

Department of Foreign Affairs logo (UNTV News)

MANILA, Philippines – Nagpadala na ang Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) ng note verbale sa embahada ng China upang tiyaking walang anti-China policy na umiiral sa bansa.

Ito ay matapos ang nabigong bomb attack ng isang grupo sa Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) noong Lunes.

Isang manifesto rin ang nakuha ng National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) mula sa grupo na nagpapakita ng iba pang target nito kabilang na ang SM Mall of Asia, DMCI main office, at ang Chinese embassy at iba pang Chinese-operated establishments.

Sinabi noong Martes ni Justice Secretary Leila De Lima sa isang press conference na isang “wake up call” umano ng mga suspek ang kanilang ginawa upang palakasin ang posisyon ng bansa sa territorial disputes.

Subalit ayon kay Foreign Affairs Assistant Secretary Charles Jose, layunin ng nasabing note verbale na hindi suportahan ng Pilipinas ang anumang mararahas na hakbang laban sa China dahil sa isyu ng pinag-aagawang teritoryo sa West Philippine Sea.

Nais aniya ng Philippine government na maresolba sa mapayapang paraan ang territorial dispute ng dalawang bansa.

“What we are after is a conducive, durable reso by getting a clear decision from the court as to maritime entitlements under the UNCLOS,” ani Jose.

“We don’t agree with that kind of approach, specially violence. Allalong, dapat peaceful settlement,” saad pa nito.

Iginiit rin ni Jose na “hindi malambot” ang paninindigan ng pamahalaan sa usapin ng China, partikular na sa binuong Triple Action Plan o TAP ng DFA.

“TAP to stop China from escalating tension. It’s not a soft position. It’s in the realm of a diplomatic approach,” anang opisyal.

Dagdag ni Jose, siniguro na rin ng pamahalaan ang pagbibigay ng proteksyon sa mga Chinese nationals at embassy staff members laban sa mga banta. (Bianca Dava / Ruth Navales, UNTV News)

P15M worth of misdeclared high-end goods seized at NAIA

Robie de Guzman   •   August 5, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – A shipment of high-end branded goods that were misdeclared as personal effects was recently apprehended at the Port of Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), the Bureau of Customs (BOC) said.

In a statement, the BOC said the shipment, which consisted of bags, shoes, wallets and other luxury goods was valued at P15 million.

The items included high-end brands like Chanel, Hermes, Christian Louboutin, Valentino, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Balenciaga bags, shoes, wallets, and earrings.

The bureau said that the shipment was fraudulently declared as personal effects, consisting of shampoo, soap, towels, toiletries, canned goods, milk and chocolates, packed in 17 cartons. It was shipped from Milano, Italy through RRG Freight Service Forwarder in Paicargo Warehouse.

A physical examination of the subject shipment confirmed that it actually consists of high-end goods in commercial quantities.

The BOC said the misdeclaration is an apparent attempt to evade payment of correct duties and taxes by circumventing duty and tax free privileges afforded to balikbayan boxes.

According to Port of NAIA district collector Carmelita Talusan, the shipment will be subjected to seizure and forfeiture proceedings for violation of Section 1400 in relation to Section 1113 of the CMTA.

The records and details of the apprehension shall be referred to the Bureau Action Team Against Smugglers (BATAS) for case profiling and build up against the personalities involved in the foiled smuggling.

No reports yet of Filipinos injured, killed in massive Beirut explosion

Marje Pelayo   •   August 5, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) through the Philippine Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon has confirmed that no Filipinos have been reported injured or killed so far in the massive explosion that happened on August 4.

The powerful explosion which occurred at the Port of Beirut resulted in several fatalities and dozens of injuries as well as widespread damage to properties throughout the city.

Lebanon’s health ministry said the death toll has risen to at least 50 while authorities are still investigating the cause of the blast. 

The Philippine Embassy calls on Filipinos in Beirut to reach out for assistance following the explosion. 

#PAKIUSAPTumawag lamang sa mga sumusunod na numero

Posted by Philippine Embassy in Lebanon on Tuesday, 4 August 2020

3 alleged human trafficking victims intercepted at NAIA – BI

Robie de Guzman   •   August 3, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – Three people suspected of being victims of human trafficking and illegal recruitment have been intercepted at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), the Bureau of Immigration (BI) said on Monday.

In a report to Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente, BI port operations division acting chief Grifton Medina said the passengers were stopped last week before they could board their flights to the Middle East and Europe.

Medina said one of the victims was bound for Dubai while the two others were destined for Greece, all of them showing intentions to work illegally as undocumented workers.

According to BI’s Travel Control and Enforcement Unit (TCEU), the Dubai-bound passenger was intercepted last 25 July 2020 after the immigration officer noticed that the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) was not cleared and validated by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration – Labor Assistance Center (POEA-LAC) desk at the NAIA.

Verification with the POEA-LAC later revealed that the said OEC was tampered as it was issued to someone else and not to the said passenger.

The victim then admitted that her trip was processed by her handlers and that her documents were only given to her when she arrived at the airport.

The BI-TCEU also reported that the two Greece-bound passengers who were intercepted last Saturday, August 2, likewise presented fraudulent travel documents, including fake OECs and local employment certificates.

The bureau said that upon interview, they confessed that their documents were only handed to them at the airport. They also said they were recruited to work in Athens by their handlers to whom they each paid P95,000 in return for facilitating their trip and processing their documents.

“Thanks to the vigilance of our primary inspectors for foiling these attempts by human trafficking syndicates to sneak their victims out of the country,” Medina said.

The victims were turned over to the Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking (IACAT) for investigation, according to the bureau.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.