DFA: Hunt on for Kuwaiti cop accused of raping Filipina worker

Robie de Guzman   •   June 12, 2019   •   1707

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Wednesday assured it is now working with Kuwaiti authorities for the arrest of a police officer accused of raping a Filipina worker in Kuwait.

“The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), through the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait, is closely coordinating with Kuwaiti authorities for the speedy arrest of the suspect in the rape case involving a Filipina household service worker in Kuwait,” the agency said in a statement.

The suspect was identified as Fayed Naser Hamad Alajmy, 22.

According to Embassy Chargé d’Affaires Mohd Noordin Lomondot, Alajmy was identified as the one who assisted the Filipina worker for finger scanning registration at the airport when she arrived in Kuwait on June 4.

It was alleged that Alajmy later kidnapped and assaulted the victim.

Lomondot said a warrant of arrest has already been issued against the suspect.

The OFW’s employer is also cooperating with the embassy and local authorities in connection with the case.

“The Philippine Government will exert all efforts to ensure that justice is served,” the DFA said.

TAGS   , , ,

DFA sends biggest batch of repatriated OFWs

Marje Pelayo   •   August 23, 2019

Undocumented Overseas Filipino Workers who availed themselves of the Embassy’s Assisted Repatriation Program for distressed overseas Filipinos line up at the check-in counter at Kuwait International Airport, prior to their flight back to the Philippines on 20 August 2019. (Kuwait PE photos)

MANILA, Philippines – Repatriation of distressed overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) from Kuwait continues with the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait sending the biggest batch on Wednesday (August 21).

On Wednesday, the Embassy successfully repatriated 63 undocumented and distressed OFWs in addition to the 200 previously repatriated Pinoy workers under the Embassy Assisted Repatriation Program (EARP) for 2019.

 “The EARP will continue all year round, as long as there are undocumented and distressed Filipinos who want to be reunited with their loved ones in the Philippines,” said Embassy Chargé d’Affaires (CDA), a.i. Mohd. Noordin Pendosina N. Lomondot in a statement.

“A lot of people thought that the Embassy’s repatriation program ended with amnesty program of the Kuwaiti government last year. This is the reason why we continue to encourage Filipinos with expired visas in Kuwait to visit the Embassy and apply for the EARP,” he added.

Lomondot expressed gratitude to the Kuwaiti government for its continued support in the Embassy’s repatriation efforts as well as the staff of the Embassy for their commitment in making the program successful.

All 63 repatriated OFWs were given an all-expenses paid tickets from Kuwait to Manila as well as one-way tickets from Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) to their respective provinces.

Meanwhile, those staying at the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) shelter were given food assistance while waiting for their repatriation and eventually transportation assistance from the Embassy to Kuwait International Airport.

According to the Embassy, the EARP is a joint program of the Embassy and the Kuwaiti government, through the Illegal Residency Monitoring and Immigration Departments of the Kuwaiti Ministry of Interior.

The program also aims to repatriate overseas Filipinos who were charged with absconding and expired visa cases at the Immigration Department, without having to be detained.

The Embassy encourages all qualified Filipinos who wish to avail of the EARP to send a message through mobile phone number +965 9800 5115 which is also available on Viber and WhatsApp.

DFA monitors welfare of 13 Pinoy seafarers abducted off Cameroon coast

Marje Pelayo   •   August 20, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said the Philippine government is closely monitoring the status of the 13 Filipino seafarers who were reportedly abducted off the waters of Cameroon.

In a statement, the DFA confirmed that the Philippine Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria is currently working to verify the report.

Embassy officials, likewise, were given instructions to make representations with the concerned authorities to ensure the safety and security of the Filipino seafarers held in the piracy incident off the coast of Cameroon.

The Department of Foreign Affairs assured that it is in close contact with the seafarer’s manning agency and their families for updates of the case.

Philippines, Singapore issue travel advisories to Hong Kong

Marje Pelayo   •   August 16, 2019

Hong Kong Police arrests anti-government protesters

MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Friday (August 16) advised Filipino travelers who have no urgent business in Hong Kong to avoid Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) as destination or transit airport for the meantime as public unrest continuous to escalate.

The DFA reiterates in a statement that the Philippine Consulate General in Hong Kong is closely monitoring the developments in the autonomous territory in relation to the ongoing protests in several areas there.

LIST of protest areas and schedule of demonstrations

Likewise, the Department advised Filipino travelers departing from Hong Kong to contact their respective airlines at least five hours before their scheduled flights for sudden changes and adjustments in their flight schedule.

Following are the airlines’ hotlines in Hong Kong:

  • Philippine Airlines: (+852) 2769.7123
  • Cebu Pacific: (+852) 3973.3800
  • Cathay Pacific: (+852) 2747.3333

Meanwhile, the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) also issued a travel advisory to its citizens to defer non-essential travel to Hong Kong, given current developments.

Singaporeans who are already in Hong Kong are advised to take the necessary precautions for their safety and are reminded to be vigilant at all times.

MOFA also encourages Singaporeans in Hong Kong to eRegister with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at https://eregister.mfa.gov.sg/  for immediate coordination should the need arises.

Further details on the MOFA advisory can be viewed here.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+63) 396-8688 (Tel)

(+63) 2 920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+63) 396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+63) 2 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.