Breaking News
  • Alert level 4 raised over Mayon
Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Descendants seek state funeral national hero Andres Bonifacio

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, December 1st, 2017

MANILA, Philippines — Thursday marked the 154th birthday of Filipino hero, Gat Andres Bonifacio.

Every year, the celebration of the birthday of the supreme leader of the Katipunan is held at Monumento Circle, on which, according to historical accounts, the cry of Pugad Lawin or the Cry of Balintawak took place that triggered the Filipino revolution against the Spanish colonizers.

Present in the celebration were the relatives and descendants of Bonifacio.

In this year’s commemoration, the remaining relatives of Gat Andres Bonifacio seek to have a state funeral for him.

“Kulang kasi sa political lobbying eh. Walang lumalaban para… well meron, may nakabinbin na mga resolusyon pero hindi ganoon kasikat ang yung isyu o hindi rin ganoon kalakas ang suporta,” said Bonifacio’s great-great-grandson, Paolo Bonifacio.

(There’s not enough political lobbying. No one is fighting for…well, there is…there are pending resolutions but the issue is not as popular or the support is not as strong.)

President Rodrigo Duterte was not present at the celebration but other government officials like Vice President Leni Robredo and Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana graced the event.

The Vice President did not give a speech during the event, of which the keynote speaker was Secretary Lorenzana.

The Defense Chief said the spirit of what Bonifacio fought for remains very alive until Thursday. He also calls on Filipinos to try their best to maintain it.

Lorenzana also notes that this day will serve as a reminder to all Filipinos to fight for what is right, like what Bonifacio did when he was still alive.

“In out battle against today’s challenges we may draw inspiration from Andres Bonifacio and the Katipunan and the revolution that spark hope for the Filipinos, may we also live our everyday lives with the ideas of valor, patriotism and the love of country,” Lorenzana said. – Leslie Longboen | UNTV News & Rescue

 

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Malacañang to release Executive Order vs. contractualization in February – DOLE

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Monday, January 22nd, 2018


MANILA, Philippines – Labor groups are expected to meet President Rodrigo Duterte in the first week of next month said the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

DOLE Undersecretary Joel Maglunsod said in this meeting, the Chief Executive is expected to sign the Executive Order which will intensify the prevention of labor contracting in industries and companies nationwide.

This was announced by Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello and was confirmed by Malacañang.

“The Executive Order on endo will be issued soon. I am not sure exactly when, but I know that Secretary Bello mentioned that it is forthcoming,” Presidential Spokesperson Sec. Harry Roque said.

“We hope that the Office of the President will release it because this is what our workers are waiting for and then to expedite the passage of pending Security of Tenure Bill in the House of Representatives which is being monitored and we are confident that this is progressing because last week, it already in the second reading,” Maglunsod said.

Aside from the issue of contractualization, the labor groups are also expected to raise the issue of wage increase to President Duterte in relation to the effects of the tax reform package.

They will ask the President to increase the salary of workers.

“They have a proposal aside from the wage increases, like the wage subsidy especially for the minimum wage earners, the Department of Labor and Employment will also talk about that,” Maglunsod added. – Rosalie Coz | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , ,

Malacañang dispels alleged undeclared P100-M investments of President Duterte and daughter Sara

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Monday, January 22nd, 2018

MANILA, Philippines – Malacañang dismisses as ‘hearsay’ the report of a media organization regarding the alleged P100-million undeclared bank deposits and investments of President Rodrigo Duterte and his daughter, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio.

Presidential Spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque said the report was based on un-authenticated bank statements.

Roque also describes the allegations in the report as a rehash of the accusations of opposition Senator Antonio Trillanes IV.

He dared Vera Files to prove the authenticity of the documents it used in the controversial news item.

“The reality is, the law says that bank statements are in fact confidential and you need a report or a request from the Anti-Money Laundering Council to get copies of these statements. When Vera files asked me for my comment, how could I comment when the documents are not authenticated? Prove first that the statements are authentic then I will comment. For now, it is mere hearsay,” Roque said. – UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , ,

President Duterte dares online news sites to prove allegations against government

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Thursday, January 18th, 2018

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, in his speech during the inauguration of the new Communications, Navigation, Surveillance / Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) Systems Development Project at the Philippine Air Traffic Management Center (PATMC) in Pasay City on January 16, 2018. SIMEON CELI JR./PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO

 

President Rodrigo Duterte has defended himself against accusations that his administration is restricting the freedom of the press after the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) decided to revoke the registration of the online news site, Rappler.

“Wala akong pakialam diyan. I mean, you have been throwing trash and s*** all along but pinabayaan ko. Pag nasilip kayo na meron pala kayong…but of the matter is, sabihin naman ninyong harassment. Kalokohan. Kung kami ang magmura, masama. Kung kayo ang gumawa ng kalokohan ninyo, okay kayo,” he said.

(I don’t care about that. I mean, you have been throwing trash and s*** all along but I let it go. When you are investigated and they find something…but of the matter is, you then start calling it harassment. That’s foolishness. When we cuss, we’re the bad guys. But when it’s you who’s misbehaving, it’s fine.)

The Chief Executive insisted that he had no hand in the decision of the SEC, noting that many of those who participated in the voting of the ruling are not his appointees.

The President also slammed media organizations that oligarchs and elites allegedly use to destroy the image of the government.

President Duterte also named Rappler and the broadsheet Inquirer in his speech.

He also warned of filing charges against owners of media outlets whom he accused of violating the Constitution.

“So it’s not a question of press freedom. It’s a question of abuse and protection by the elite of this country who hold the power. It’s about time that kayong mga mayaman, p***** i** huminto kayo kaka-abuso ninyo. Ginagamit ninyo ang media. Tingnan ninyo, one of these days, I’ll file a plunder case. ‘Pag finile ko plunder case, you will go to jail without a bail. Yung inyong mga reporter, they will be allowed to criticize us. But you go to jail for your crime or crimes,” Duterte said.

(So it’s not a question of press freedom. It’s a question of abuse and protection by the elite of this country who hold the power. It’s about time that the rich elites, **** stop your abuse. You are using the media…one of these days, I’ll file a plunder case. When I file the plunder case, you will go to jail without a bail. . . your reporters, they will be allowed to criticize us. But you go to jail for your crime or crimes.)

He also challenged Rappler to prove the allegations in one of its reports about Special Assistant to the President Bong Go.

In the said news item, Rappler reported that Go meddled in the acquisition of two warships of the Philippine Navy worth P15.5 billion.

The Chief Executive defended his assistant secretary and called Rappler a fake news outlet.

“Alam mo, hindi ako mag-yabang pero bilyonaryo ‘to [Go], sa totoo lang. Punta kayong Davao, tanungin niyo kung sino ‘yan. Itong mga ganito…it seems to appear na intervening because of what? Money? The things that you are telling here never happened,” said Duterte addressing Rappler.

(I will not boast, but this one [Go] is a billionaire. Go to Davao City and ask who he is. It seems to appear that he was intervening. Because of what? Money? The things that you are telling here never happened.)

The President promised to fire Go if Rappler can prove his purported meddling.

“Let me know tomorrow and I will fire him if he did intervene, even for one word,” Duterte said.

In a statement, Go also denied the allegations reported by the online news site. – Victor Cosare | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , , ,