Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Death rates drop under Oplan Double Double Barrel Reloaded

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Tuesday, April 11th, 2017

MANILA, Philippines —The number of deaths in the Philippine National Police’s (PNP) anti-illegal drugs operations has declined a month after the launch of its Oplan Double Barrel Reloaded.

PNP’s data reveals more than 100 deaths in legitimate police operations as compared to over 700 casualties in the same duration during the implementation of Double Barrel Alpha One.

PNP Chief Ronald Dela Rosa explained that the lower number of drug-related casualties might be due to fewer drug suspects fighting back against arresting authorities.

The PNP has so far conducted almost 5,000 anti-drug operations, which it says, resulted in arrests of 7,000 drug suspects and surrender of 70,000 others. — UNTV News & Rescue

WATCH: 82% of NCR residents feel safer because of government’s war on drugs — Pulse Asia survey

Tags: , , , ,

PNP recalls Trillanes’ security escorts

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, October 5th, 2018

 

FILE PHOTO: Sen. Antonio arrives in a press conference

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine National Police – Police Security and Protection Group (PNP – PSPG) has recalled the two security escorts of Senator Antonio Trillanes.

PSPG Director PCSupt. Filmore Escobal said that PNP Chief Oscar Albayalde ordered the recall of the senator’s police escorts after President Rodrigo Duterte revoked the amnesty granted earlier to Trillanes by former president Benigno Aquino III.

“Nang lumabas yung kanyang warrant of arrest, but as early as lumabas yung presidential proclamation rendering his amnesty void ab initio, nagbigay ng instruction si Chief PNP na i-recall,” Escobal explained.

But he clarified that the senator may have the police escorts back once he is acquitted of coup d’etat charges and the PNP leadership approves his request for security escorts. — Lea Ylagan

Tags: ,

PNP: No extrajudicial killings under government’s war on drugs

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, September 28th, 2018

FILE PHOTO: Philippine National Police

MANILA, Philippines — As far as the Philippine National Police is concerned, there has been no case of extrajudicial killings under the Duterte administration.

According to PNP Director General Oscar Albayalde, police officers were not mandated to kill drug suspects under the government’s war on drugs.

“In fairness to the president and even to the former Chief PNP Bato dela Rosa na wala pong binigay sa amin na order whatsoever na para pumatay even mga suspek, even drug dependents or even mga criminals,” he said.

This week, the PNP reported that more than 4,800 drug personalities have been killed in over 100,000 legitimate anti-drug operations from July 1, 2016 to August 31, 2018.

In the said operations, 155,000 drug suspects were arrested.

Albayalde said drug suspects get killed when they resist arrest or retaliate against police operatives. He also assures that policemen who get involved in a killing incident are dealt with accordingly.

“In fact not even the Commission on Human Rights ay may na prove na may EJK during the time of Pres. Duterte, and even since the time of Chief Bato ay walang ring na prove naganyan,” he added.

The PNP chief also defended President Rodrigo Duterte amid criticisms over his latest statement on extrajudicial killings.

Albayalde said the Chief Executive may have only been expressing his frustrations on the matter.

“Alam niyo naman yung political atmosphere ditto sa ating bansa everytime. Pag ikaw ay nakaupo diyan palaging may ibinabatong kung ano ano sayo, since wala nang maibato sa kanya, ito ay paulit ulit at history na ito at inuungkat na lang yung word na EJK,” Albayalde said. — Lea Ylagan

Tags: , , , , ,

8 out of 10 Filipinos satisfied with Duterte’s drug war — SWS

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Monday, September 24th, 2018

 

 

MANILA, Philippines — The Duterte administration’s war on drugs campaign remains popular among Filipinos according to the latest survey released by the Social Weather Stations (SWS) on Sunday.

The anti-drug initiative received a “very good” net satisfaction rating of +65; a one-point increase from the +64 rating in March.

The survey, conducted on June 27 to 30 among  1,250 respondents, shows that 8 out of 10 Filipinos are satisfied with the implementation of President Rodrigo Duterte’s anti-drug war.

The highest net satisfaction rating came from the Mindanao region with +84, while Visayas recorded the lowest with a +57 rating.

Seventy-three percent (73%) of respondents who are contented with the anti-drug war are also satisfied the performance of President Duterte.

Meanwhile, 3 out of 5 Filipinos believe that the arrest of loiterers on the streets violates human rights.

This is also based on the SWS survey released yesterday, September 23.

In June, Duterte ordered the police to strictly implement city ordinances against loiterers whom he considers potential threats to the public.

The survey also revealed that 68 percent of Filipinos worry that they or someone they know will get arrested for loitering in public places. — Asher Cadapan Jr.

 

 

Tags: , , , ,