DA, hinikayat ang mga magsasakang hindi makabenta ng produkto na dumulog sa UNTV
Marje Pelayo • April 9, 2020 • 1908
MANILA, Philippines – Tiniyak ng Department of Agriculture (DA) na tutulungan nito ang mga magsasaka sa pagbebenta ng kanilang mga produkto ngayong umiiral ang enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) bunsod ng nararanasang krisis pangkalusugan.
Ito ang tugon ng DA sa panayam ng programang Get It Straight with Daniel Razon nang dumulog sa himpilan ng UNTV ang hog raiser na si Gaudencio Camaclang dahil nahihirapan siyang ialok ang kanyang mga alagang baboy.
Ayon kay DA Spokesperson Noel Reyes, maaring makipag-ugnayan ang mga magsasaka at maging mangingisda sa UNTV upang maiparating sa Kagawaran kung anong uri ng produkto ang kanilang iniaalok at kung saang lugar upang makuha o mailapit sa mga mamimili.
“Iyong mga may kailangang ma-harvest na at walang merkado, tamang tama po iyan dahil maibebenta po natin iyan sa ‘Kadiwa ni Ani at Kita’ (stores) dito sa Metro Manila at sa mga urban centers, sa mga villagers,” pagtiyak ng opisyal.
“Ipagbigay-alam lang sa inyong programa kung ano iyong (produkto) saang address, at gaano karami. We’ll link them directly sa mga buyers,” dagdag nito.
Ang mga magsasaka sa Region 4A o sa mga bayan ng Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, at Quezon (CALABARZON) ay maaring makipag-ugnayan kay DA Regional Director Arnel De Mesa sa numerong 09175082455 at 09087574547 upang mapuntahan ang kanilang produkto.
Samantala, sinabi ni Reyes na kinikilala ng Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-IED) ang kahalagahan ng food security lalo na sa kasalukuyang hinaharap na health emergency dahil sa banta ng coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
“They approved na dapat kasama sa national security ang food security dahil alam ninyo naman na sa pagdi-distribute pa lang ng pera ay medyo may kaguluhan na. Lalo na kung gutom na ang tao,” saad nito.
Tiniyak ng DA na walang dapat ikabahala ang publiko dahil sapat ang pagkain sa bansa sa kabila ng umiiral na ECQ.
Subalit nakiusap ito sa mga lokal na pamahalaan na huwag harangin ang paghahatid ng mga produktong pagkain upang ang mga ito ay agad na makarating sa mga mamamayan.
“We reiterate na marami po tayong pagkain. Ang naantala lang po ay iyong distribution,” pahayag ng opisyal.
“Kaya nakikiusap kami sa mga LGU sa barangay na kung pagkain ang laman ng dyip o truck ay huwag nang harangin. Let (there be) free flow of goods,” pagtatapos nito.
Sa mga may nais iparating sa mga ahensya ng gobyerno, maaring makipagugnayan sa UNTV Serbisyong Bayanihan sa mga sumusunod na numero:
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Agriculture (DA) has increased the suggested retail price (SRP) on pork meat.
Based on the latest administrative circular issued by the Department, the SRP for pork belly or ‘liempo’ is set at P280 per kilogram while SRP for ‘pork kasim’ is set at P260 per kilogram.
The SRP was imposed to guide consumers and meat vendors on a more reasonable price of pork.
The current SRP is higher by P70/kg as compared to the price of pork kasim in April which was at P190/kg only.
For pork belly or liempo, the price increased by P55/kg as compared to P225/kg in April this year.
“Iyong ating mga meat dealers, they’ve also incurred some additional cost para madala sa merkado ang ating mga pork, [Our meat dealers also incurred additional cost so meat could reach the market],” explained DA Assistant Secretary Kristine Evangelista the reason for such increase in SRP.
“That’s the reason why we felt it’s also time to adjust it because we are also taking into consideration [the needs of players in the value chain],” she said. MNP (with details from Rey Pelayo)
MANILA, Philippines – Damage to crops and livestock sector left by Typhoon Quinta has reached more than P700 million, the Department of Agriculture (DA) said.
“The total amount of damage and losses in agri-fisheries due to Typhoon “Quinta” has increased to Php 705.87 million from the previously-reported Php 401.73 million, with 33,545 MT of volume loss, affecting 25,483 farmers and fisherfolk with 19,971 hectares of agricultural areas in Ilocos Region, CALABARZON, Bicol Region, Western Visayas, and the Zamboanga Peninsula,” the DA said in a statement Wednesday.
“Affected commodities include rice, corn, high-value crops, fisheries, livestock, irrigation, and agri-facilities,” it added.
These values are subject to further validation, the department said.
The DA said the increase in values is attributed to the updated reports in rice and corn from the provinces of Batangas, Laguna, Rizal, Quezon, Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Masbate, Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Iloilo, and Zamboanga City.
It added that the DA Regional Field Offices in affected regions are thoroughly assessing and validating damage and losses in the agri-fisheries sector, and thereafter provide needed emergency assistance to affected farmers and fisherfolk.
The department said it is allocating P795-million Quick Response Fund (QRF) for the rehabilitation of affected areas;
It will also implement the Survival and Recovery (SURE) Loan Program of Agricultural Credit Policy Council (ACPC), and indemnify affected farmers through funds from the Philippine Crop Insurance Corporation.
A total of 30,280 bags of rice seeds; 8,071 bags of corn seeds, and 1,792 kgs of assorted vegetables from Regions I, IV-A, V, VI and IX will also be made available to affected farmers.
“The DA-DRRM Operations Center will continuously provide updates on Typhoon Quinta,” it said.
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Agriculture (DA) on Wednesday said that shipments of live hogs and frozen pork meat will be increased starting this week in the hopes of addressing the low supply and high prices of pork in public markets and other areas in Luzon.
Agriculture Secretary William Dar said his department and representatives of the hog industry in the country have agreed to “heighten shipments” of hogs and frozen pork meat from Visayas and Mindanao.
“We will elevate our partnerships with hog producers and traders, ship owners and operators, and local government officials in Visayas and Mindanao to supply Metro Manila and Luzon with hogs and frozen pork, and eventually bring down prices for the benefit of consumers,” Dar said in a statement.
Weekly shipments will be increased, ranging from 27,000 to 30,000 head of hogs, coming from the main ports in Davao, General Santos and Cagayan de Oro until December this year, he added.
During the meeting, the DA said that San Miguel Corp. (SMC) targets to hike shipments to four container vans or 48 metric tons per week from Mindanao.
Shipments of live hogs will also come from Cebu, Iloilo, and Leyte, it added.
“This is a problem of logistics — including sourcing, distribution, and marketing — which we can address without difficulty. All we ask is the full cooperation of key players in the entire hog industry value chain,” he said.
The Agriculture chief said he has sought the assistance of the Department of Transportation to increase the number and frequency of vessels plying the routes to and from Mindanao and Luzon ports.
The suggested retail price for pork and other pork products is currently being reviewed, he added.
Dar expressed confidence that the effort will greatly boost the dwindling supply of pork in Luzon due to the depopulation of hog farms infected with African Swine Fever.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.