74 new COVID-19 cases reported among overseas Filipinos — DFA
Marje Pelayo • July 9, 2020 • 324
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) reported 74 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) infection among overseas Filipino workers (OFWs), bringing the total number to 8,762 as of Wednesday (July 8).
Most of the new cases reported are in the Middle East, the DFA said.
Meanwhile, the total number of OFWs under treatment has reached 2,932.
Nineteen new recoveries were also reported, bringing the total of OFWs who have recovered from the disease to 5,237.
However, 13 new deaths were recorded in the Middle East bringing the total number of COVID-19 fatalities among OFWs to 590.
With the resumption of international flight operations at NAIA Terminal 3 on Wednesday, the DFA expects a rise in repatriations.
The agency assures its steadfast commitment to effectively facilitating and coordinating the safe return of Filipinos affected by the pandemic.
MANILA, Philippines — In an advisory, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Wednesday (August 5) said 10 of the 11 initially reported missing seafarers have been found safe and accounted for, as reported by the Philippine Embassy in Beirut.
This recent development leaves one seafarer still missing, the DFA said.
The 10 seafarers suffered minor injuries and are now with the management of the shipping company Abu Merhi Cruises at Ain el Mraiseh, Beirut.
Meanwhile, Foreign Affairs Undersecretary for Civilian Security and Consular Concerns Dodo Dulay confirmed the latest tally of injured Filipinos in the massive explosion is at 24.
He said most of the injured are household service workers.
Except for one critical, all injured are in stable condition or with minor wounds, the official said.
Filipino fatalities remain at two and the search for the missing Filipino is ongoing.
The DFA assured that through the Philippine Embassy in Beirut, it will continue to ascertain the conditions of the seafarers and the other Filipinos who were reported hospitalized due to the incident..
The DFA also informs the public that all its Embassy personnel are safe, with no reported physical damage in its premises.
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) through the Philippine Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon has confirmed that no Filipinos have been reported injured or killed so far in the massive explosion that happened on August 4.
The powerful explosion which occurred at the Port of Beirut resulted in several fatalities and dozens of injuries as well as widespread damage to properties throughout the city.
Lebanon’s health ministry said the death toll has risen to at least 50 while authorities are still investigating the cause of the blast.
The Philippine Embassy calls on Filipinos in Beirut to reach out for assistance following the explosion.
“This unresolved territorial dispute, as you correctly said has been dormant […] It has not affected our friendly bilateral relations and we will definitely maintain this friendly bilateral relations despite and in spite of this unresolved dispute,” he said. MNP (with reports from Rosalie Coz)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.