Wish 107.5 has reached another milestone with their YouTube channel reaching over 5 million subscribers.
Ever since it hit the airwaves in 2014, Wish FM has achieved many ‘firsts’ including the first and only mobile radio booth in the Philippines — the Wish Bus.
They also spearheaded Wishcovery, the first and only online singing competition that provides a stage for aspiring singers across the country to show off their world-class talent.
The Wish Music Awards also combines music and charity. They put the spotlight on the best Filipino Artists and at the same time provide assistance to their chosen charity. Wish has already given over a million pesos -worth of donation to charities over the years.
Nanay Teresita showed off her favorite dance moves on the newly renovated floor of their home in San Jose del Monte, Bulacan.
It was well-polished and better compared to their old floor.
Nanay Teresita, along with nine others, lives in one of the elderly homes of the Coalition of Services of the Elderly (COSE). COSE is one of the beneficiaries of top radio station Wish FM that received P100,000 cash grant.
Because of the cash grant, COSE was able to further provide a comfortable home for these lolas.
“Nagpapasalamat ako sa Dios na mayroong may mga mabuting puso na nagdo-donate dito, (I am thankful to God for the kindhearted people who donated this)” Lola Conchita Salas said.
COSE is a non-governmental organization that aims to keep older people involved in the community.—AAC (with reports from Ninya Armillo)
A new breed of OPM singer-songwriters is about to hit the digital space.
On September 29, Wish 107.5 is set to premiere “Wishcovery Originals” on its YouTube channel. Serving as the third edition of the radio station’s online talent search, the show aims to discover and give a platform to aspiring Filipino artists who can both perform and compose their own songs.
“What we’re looking for right now is a singer and composer. We want, this time, the composer to express his feelings through songs that he himself wrote,” Kuya Daniel Razon, the creator of the competition and the main man behind Wish 107.5, remarked in a previous statement.
The first two seasons of the show focused on the singing prowess of the contenders.
Series of Eliminations
Touting a brand-new concept for Wishcovery, Wish 107.5 is on a mission to scout, introduce, and hone promising music makers in the country. It opened its auditions last June and has since received hundreds of entries from singing-songwriting acts online and via the Wish 107.5 Bus.
Out of these hopefuls, only a select few will have the chance to showcase their talent and songs on the competition proper.
After the program’s pilot episode — which is dedicated to giving the audience a walkthrough of what to expect throughout the show’s run — a series of weekly and monthly eliminations will take place.
Every Sunday, four contenders will battle it out on the weekly eliminations, the winners of which will advance to the monthly finals. Featuring a brand-new song for this stage, the top contender will earn a spot in the grand finals and a cash prize worth Php 20,000.
For the weekly battles, the scores will solely come from the panel of judges, which includes Mayonnaise frontman Monty Macalino, the country’s King of R&B Jay R, and veteran hitmaker-producer Jungee Marcelo.
For the monthly eliminations, the judges will only take up 75 percent of the total scores. The remaining 25 percent will come from the power-viewing statistics of the contenders’ Wish Bus performances to be uploaded on a dedicated platform for these videos, the Wishcovery YouTube channel.
Despite this fierce competition, exciting rewards await the grand winner of the show.
As in the previous editions of Wishcovery, Wish 107.5 will give a whopping set of prizes for the show’s grand champion — Php 1 million in cash, a recording contract worth Php 1 million, a brand-new car, and a house and lot.
Follow the journey of aspiring Filipino singer-songwriters and hear new OPM songs on Wishcovery Originals! The show, which will air every Sunday on Wish 107.5’s YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/wish1075official), will premiere on September 29. Meanwhile, full videos of the contenders’ Wish Bus performances will be available on the Wishcovery YouTube channel (https://bit.ly/2kJ4Oyn).
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.