Cleveland guard Jones suspended one game for groin hit
admin • May 23, 2016 • 1788
May 4, 2016; Cleveland, OH, USA; Cleveland Cavaliers guard Dahntay Jones (30) reacts after hitting a record breaking three-pointer during the fourth quarter against the Atlanta Hawks in game two of the second round of the NBA Playoffs at Quicken Loans Arena. Mandatory…
Cleveland Cavaliers guard Dahntay Jones has been suspended for Game Four of the Eastern Conference final against the Toronto Raptors, the NBA announced on Sunday.
Jones struck Toronto big man Bismack Biyombo in the groin in the final seconds of Game Three in Toronto on Saturday, an incident that left Biyombo on the floor in apparent pain.
It should not be a huge loss for the Cavaliers because Jones, 35, is a bench player who sees limited court time.
The Cavaliers lead the best-of-seven series 2-1 with Game Four in Toronto on Monday.
The NBA also announced on Sunday that Toronto coach Dwane Casey had been fined $25,000 for publicly criticizing officials after Game Three.
Casey was upset over the disparity in foul calls, after the Raptors incurred 17 fouls to Cleveland’s 10.
(Reporting by Jahmal Corner in Los Angeles; Editing by Andrew Both)
Department of Justice (DOJ) Secretary Menardo Guevarra has ordered the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) to temporarily suspend the processing of Good Conduct Time Allowance (GCTA).
Guevarra gave the order on Tuesday (Aug 27) “as a precautionary measure and in the interest of prudence.”
The Justice Department will also review the names of the inmates who were released through the GCTA.
“Should there be any sign of fraud or irregularity, I will order a separate probe,” he said.
Meanwhile, Senator Juan Miguel Zubiri has already expressed concern on the negative effects of the GCTA. In a statement, the senator said that convicted criminals have the capacity to fake their good actions.
“All a dangerous criminal has to do is to pretend to be very nice for a decade and then applies for the program and he is released from his predicament only to get back at those who filed and testified against him,” he said.
The senator is currently drafting a bill to amend the Republic Act No. 10592 for inmates convicted of heinous crime to no longer be eligible for GCTA.—AAC (with reports from Mai Bermudez, Grace Casin)
The Manila local government seeks to suspend the Baclaran-Divisoria jeepney route due to numerous complaints of cutting trips.
According to Mayor Isko Moreno, the roads along the area are already cleared so there is no reason for drivers to cut trips.
He also said it is unfair for passengers to pay the full amount but have their trip cut short.
“Pagod na pagod na iyong mga iyan. Biruin niyo kayo magtrabaho otso oras. Ang gusto mo sumakay ng jeep, umuwi nalang, makatulog makasama ang pamilya mo tapos matotolongges ka pa sa kalye, (These [passengers] are already tired. Imagine working for eight hours and you just want to take a jeep and go home to be with your family, but then you will get stranded on the road),” he said.
The local government is already preparing the complaint to be filed before the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) to suspend the Baclaran-Divisoria jeepney route.
Other routes including MCU-Blumentritt, Cubao-Divisoria, as well as routes in Padre Faura, Pedro Gil and Paco are also at risk of suspension.
The Manila LGU is also receiving complaints of cutting trip against jeepneys operating in Morayta, Far Eastern University, and Philippine School of Business Administration.
Meanwhile, the LTFRB said they will thoroughly review the complaint to be filed by the Manila government.
“We’ll accept whatever complaint the city will file against any and all public utility jeepneys. Kahit na anuman, pwedeng may UV express or may taxi na pupunta rito sa Metro Manila na nagti-trip cutting o kaya’y nag-aabuso sa kanilang prangkisa, (Whether that is a UV Express or taxi that are cutting trips in Metro Manila or if they are abusing their franchise we will accept it)” according to LTFRB Chairman Atty. Martin Delgra III.
Moreno already held a meeting with the officials of the LTFRB and Inter-Agency for Traffic regarding the traffic problem in Manila.—AAC (with reports from April Cenedoza)
MANILA, Philippines – The number coding scheme for provincial buses will be lifted on Friday (May 10) and Tuesday (May 14), the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said on Wednesday.
In an advisory , the MMDA said the Unified Vehicular Volume Reduction Program (UVVRP) or the number coding scheme will be suspended on the said dates to ease travel for voters travelling to their respective provinces for the midterm elections on Monday, May 13.
“The UVVRP suspension is to ensure that there will be enough public utility vehicles to ferry commuters who are going to vote in the provinces,” the MMDA added.
The number coding scheme for all public utility vehicles and private vehicles is automatically lifted on weekends, May 11 and 12 and on Election Day.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.