Christine Dacera laid to rest in Gen. Santos City

Robie de Guzman   •   January 11, 2021   •   300

Christine Angelica Dacera

MANILA, Philippines — Christine Angelica Dacera, the 23-year old flight attendant who died after attending a new year’s eve party in Makati hotel last week, was laid to rest on Sunday in a private cemetery in her hometown of General Santos City.

Family members and close friends attended the burial held on Sunday morning at the Forest Lake Memorial Park.

Christine’s mother, Sharon Dacera said the family would continue to seek justice for their daughter as she thanked all those who showed support in this time of grief.

“Nagpasalamat ako sa inyo… you’re here to condole with us. Sana po ipanalangin niyo po, ipanalangin niyo po na magkaroon ng justice and peace ang soul ng among Christine Angelica “Ica” Faba Dacera,” she said.

To recall, Dacera was found unconscious in a bathtub in one of the rooms of City Garden Grand Hotel around noontime of January 1 after a night of partying with 12 men, some of them were her friends.

She was rushed to a hospital and was declared dead on arrival.

Dacera was buried a few days after her remains arrived in General Santos City on Thursday via a Philippine Airlines flight.

Initial medical report stated that Dacera died due to a ruptured aortic aneurysm but her family insisted that she was very healthy and suspected that she was drugged and sexually abused.

Police initially announced that three suspects in her death case were arrested and charged with rape with homicide but the Makati City Prosecutor’s Office ordered the release of the apprehended persons and referred the case for further investigation.

The prosecutor’s office said further investigation should be conducted to determine whether Dacera was raped and/or killed, and if the identified suspects were responsible for the crime. It also seeks to determine whether the death was by reason or on occasion of rape or for other reasons – the actual cause of death.

It also directed police officers to submit additional evidence such as DNA analysis report, toxicology/chemical analysis, and the histopath examination report.

The preliminary investigation is set on January 13.

Officials from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) were in General Santos on Saturday to collect samples from Dacera’s body as part of its probe on the case.

The NBI, however, admitted that getting results to be used as evidence would be difficult given the state of the body.

“Alam namin na mediyo impossible na, considering that there has already be compromises, compromised na yung ibang pieces of evidences dito, considering na contaminated na ah nag-detoriate na. nagkaroon na ng rapid deterioration yung ibang ebidensiya dito, but again we will not discourage by that,” NBI deputy director Atty. Ferdinand Lavin said.

The NBI said the result of the re-autopsy conducted on Dacera’s body is expected to be released in a week. – RRD (with details from Correspondent James Pugoy)

NBI completes forensic examination on Christine Dacera’s body – DOJ

Robie de Guzman   •   January 18, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has completed its forensic examination on the remains of flight attendant Christine Dacera, the Department of Justice (DOJ) said on Monday.

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said he will leave it to the NBI to release the results of its examination.

Guevarra added that the agency is currently coordinating with the Makati Medical Center for the tests it conducted on Dacera when she was taken there after she was found unconscious in the bathtub of a Makati hotel on January 1 after a night of partying with some friends.

The NBI earlier revealed it had extracted at least 100 milliliters of bodily fluid from Dacera’s body during its re-autopsy. It said it will help check for the presence of illegal drugs or alcohol.

Guevarra said the NBI Digital Forensic Team will next probe the data from the mobile phone of persons tagged in the death of Dacera.

Eleven individuals, who were with Dacera before she died, are facing a complaint for rape with homicide over the incident. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Dante Amento)

Christine Dacera case: 12 occupants from room 2207 appear before NBI

Robie de Guzman   •   January 15, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Twelve individuals who stayed at room 2207 in a Makati City Hotel have appeared before the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in connection to the death of flight attendant Christine Dacera.

NBI Spokesperson Atty Ferdinand Lavin said the 12, who came along with their legal counsels, underwent over 10 hours of question and answer investigation by the NBI experts.

“They opted that they will come  again altogether, sama-sama sila with counsels so everyone is to witness how the investigation proceeds as against all of them, nakikita nung iba paanong iniimbestigahan sila,” Lavin said.

It was learned that Dacera and some of her friends rented room 2209 of the City Garden Grand Hotel in Makati to celebrate the new year and that they mingled with the occupants of room 2207.

In CCTV footages, Dacera and some of her friends were seen going back and forth between the two rooms on the night of December 31.

Dacera was found unconscious last Jan. 1 in the bathtub of room 2209. She was rushed to a hospital but was declared dead on arrival.

Respondent John Pascual dela Serna, in his counter-affidavit submitted to the Makati Prosecutor’s Office, said they went to room 2207 after they were invited by another respondent, Ed Madrid, who knew the occupants there.

Lavin said investigators have also invited the individuals who stayed with Dacera at room 2209 as part of their ongoing probe.

“They have their lawyers so may counsel dito, and we thank them for their cooperation. Hindi pa tapos ito, and the statements would be validated against the pieces of evidence,” he said.

The Department of Justice last week ordered the NBI to help in the investigation into the death of Dacera. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Dante Amento)

DOT imposes penalties vs City Garden Grand Hotel

Aileen Cerrudo   •   January 14, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Tourism (DOT) on Thursday (January 14) served a six-month suspension and a P10,000 fine on City Garden Grand Hotel (CGGH) for misrepresenting itself to the public.

The Tourism Department also revoked its Certificate of Authority to Operate.

In a statement, the DOT said the CGGH “misrepresented itself to the public as being allowed to accommodate guests for leisure or staycation purposes despite being a quarantine facility.”

Under DOT Administrative Order No. 2020-002-C, hotels operating as quarantine facilities are prohibited from accepting guests for leisure purposes.

Based on the resolution dated January 14, the CGGH in Makati City is liable for the offense of gross and evident bad faith in dealing with clients/fraudulent solicitation of business or making any false, deceptive, or misleading claims or statements.

Aside from the New Year’s Eve Party which led to the death of flight attendant Christine Dacera, the hotel also reportedly have marketing packages to accept leisure guests and never indicated that it is a quarantine hotel.

Meanwhile, the CGGH can file an appeal within the period prescribed by the DOT rules and regulations.

The Tourism Department also warned all accredited accommodation establishments (AEs) to confine their operations to the authority given them, limited to just one per given time. AAC (with reports from Asher Cadapan Jr.)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.