Currency
    Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

    CGMA at Morato, No Show sa Pagdinig vs. PCSO Plunder Case

    by UNTV News   |   Posted on Thursday, January 31st, 2013

    FILE PHOTOS: Former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo and Former PCSO Chairman Manoling Morato on wheelchairs. (UNTV News)

    FILE PHOTOS: Former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo and Former PCSO Chairman Manoling Morato on wheelchairs. (UNTV News)

    MANILA, Philippines — Hindi dumalo sa pagdinig ng Sandiganbayan ang mga pangunahing akusado sa tinaguriang ‘PCSO plunder case’ na sina Pampanga Representative Gloria Arroyo at dating PCSO Chairman Manuel Morato nitong Miyerkules.

    Sa halip, nagpadala na lang ng waiver si Arroyo kung saan nakasaad na sumasang-ayon ito na siya ang tinutukoy sa tuwing babanggitin ang kanyang pangalan sa pagdinig.

    Isang manifestation din ang isinumite ni Morato kung saan nag-aabiso ito na hindi sya makadadalo sa pagdinig dahil sa kanyang medical condition.

    Nakasaad sa dokumento ni Morato na mismong ang kanyang doktor ang nagrekomenda na hindi sya maaaring ilabas ng ospital dahil mahina pa ang pangangatawan nito.

    Si Morato ay sumailalim sa heart bypass surgery noong isang taon.

    Kapwa naman tinanggap ng korte ang paliwanag ng dalawang akusado.

    Ipinagpatuloy naman ng Sandiganbayan First Division ang pagdinig kaugnay ng 366-million pesos Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) plunder case na isinampa laban kina Arroyo at Morato.

    Muling humarap sa witness stand si PCSO board member Atty. Aleta Tolentino patungkol sa confidential intelligence fund ng PCSO.

    Dumalo rin sa pagdinig ang ilang akusado na sina dating PCSO board of directors chairman Sergio Valencia, dating PCSO director Ramon Roquero, at former PCSO budget officer Benigno Aguas kasama ang kani-kanilang mga abugado. (Grace Casin & Ruth Navales, UNTV News)

    Tags: , , ,

    Leave a Reply

    Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

    Ombudsman to file motion for reconsideration on Jinggoy Estrada’s petition for bail

    by UNTV   |   Posted on Tuesday, September 19th, 2017

    MANILA, Philippines — The Office of the Ombudsman has maintained having strong evidence against former Senator Jinggoy Estrada in connection with the pork barrel scam.

    Special Prosecutor Edilberto Sandoval said they will appeal to the anti-graft court to recall the temporary freedom granted to Estrada.

    Sandoval added that it is not right to reverse the decision of the previous set of justices of the 5th division who previously denied the petition for bail of the former senator.

    “It is not right procedurally that on the basis of the same facts, same evidence, same exhibits, the former division has decided yet the [current division] will now entitle him for bail,” said Sandoval.

    Sandoval said no member of the previous set of justices in the 5th division is included in the new set who granted the bail petition of Estrada.

    The former senator cited the Supreme Court’s decision on the bail petition of the former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.

    The highest court said the PCSO’s cases have not shown the “main plunderer” in the scam in which the former president was allegedly involved.

    The Office of the Ombudsman said Arroyo’s case should not be compared with Estrada’s because the latter involves private individuals while in Arroyo’s case, all involved were government officials.

    “In other words, even if the co-conspirator has performable 1 part or several in the continuous concatenation of criminal acts he will be considered the main or principal accused. If the charge is plunder, he will be considered the main plunderer,” said the prosecutor.

    The Office of the Ombudsman is still confident that they also have a strong case against Janet Lim-Napoles even if she is not a government official.

    If somebody is also charged in conspiracy with you, that somebody is liable and he can be classified already as public officer for purposes of convicting.

    Sandoval believes in the integrity of the Sandiganbayan and he hopes that the justices will recall the granting of bail to Estrada.

    “I still trust that the Sandiganbayan justices cannot be controlled by politics. I  was there for 16 years and it is only hearsay that there are politicians that are intervening,” said Sandoval. — Rey Pelayo | UNTV News & Rescue

    Tags: , , , , , ,

    Former AFP Chief Roy Cimatu is the new special envoy for OFW Refugees

    by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Monday, April 24th, 2017

    Former Armed Forces of the Philippines Chief of Staff Roy Cimatu

    Former Armed Forces of the Philippines Chief of Staff Roy Cimatu

    MANILA – Malacañang has confirmed the appointment of former Armed Forces of the Philippines chief of staff, Roy Cimatu as President Rodrigo Duterte’s new cabinet member.

    According to Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella, Cimatu has been assigned as the special envoy for overseas Filipino worker (OFW) refugees.

    When President Duterte visited the Middle East, he mentioned his plans of making Cimatu a cabinet member.

    Yesterday, in the president’s speech at the Palarong Pambansa 2017 in San Jose Buenavista, Aklan, the president said he gave heavier tasks to Cimatu.

    “Roy Cimatu is an Ilocano.  Many, many years ago he was assigned in a division in Davao and we got acquainted there. And if things would not go well, he is a candidate for another… Now he’s a cabinet member. But this time I’d transfer him to a busier job,” Pres. Duterte said.  UNTV News & Rescue

    Tags: , , , , , ,

    PCSO, PNP and LGU call for campaign against illegal gambling

    by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Friday, April 21st, 2017

    MANILA – The number of arrests conducted by the Philippine National Police (PNP) has increased by over 200% amid illegal gambling business operations in the country.

    This is after President Rodrigo Duterte ordered in January to intensify the fight against illegal gambling.

    In a consultative meeting with the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO)  and officials of the Local Government Units (LGU) yesterday, Police Senior Supt. Emmanuel Licup, the acting Executive Officer of the PNP Directorate for Operations, reported that most of the arrests were made during operations in Central Visayas and in Northern Mindanao.

    “Compared to 2016 of the same period, 251% of the confiscated cash and articles had been confiscated by the PNP regarding illegal gambling. The number of operations conducted from 2,746 is up to 4,938 or let’s say 80% increase,” PSSupt. Licup said.

    PCSO Chair Jose Jorge Corpuz said the government is losing a lot due to illegal gambling operations.

    The millions of unpaid taxes should have been allocated to health and social services.

    The official also calls on the public to report to the PNP any illegal gambling business entities in their areas.

    PNP meanwhile guarantees that enforcers who will be caught receiving “payola” to protect illegal gambling operations will be charged accordingly.

    “Once we receive a report, we immediately file cases against our personnel if there are such irregularities happening down in the police stations,” Corpuz said. — Joyce Balancio | UNTV News & Rescue

    Tags: , , , , , ,