Cebu teen’s killer admits drug use, learned skin peeling online

Marje Pelayo   •   April 11, 2019   •   3015

42-year-old murder suspect, Renato Payupan Llenes said he lured the victim through Facebook.

CEBU, Philippines – Authorities presented on Thursday (April 11) the suspect in the brutal killing of teenager Christine Lee Silawan.

Forty-two-year-old Renato Payupan Llenes said he lured the victim using a dummy account on Facebook and asked to meet up on March 10, the day the victim was killed.

According to PNP Chief Oscar Albayalde, Llenes admitted using scissors in committing the crime and that he learned how to peel off skin by watching videos online.

He said he did it so that Silawan would not be identified.

“Binalatan ko ang kanyang mukha para hindi makilala. Nag-away rin kami noon. Sa Facebook, magkasintahan kaming dalawa. Tapos ipinaalam ko sa kanya na hindi ako si CJ. Wala man. Okay lang naman kami. Pero may nasabing hindi maganda kaya nasaktan ko siya, (I peeled her face so no one could identify her. We had an affair on Facebook. I told her I am not CJ. We were okay then but she said something bad so I killed her),” Llenes said.

Llenes is allegedly included in Lapu Lapu City Police’s drugs watchlist.

Albayalde said the suspect admitted he was under the influence of illegal drugs at the time he committed the murder.

Llenes apologized to the family of the victim as “he was haunted by his conscience.”

“Humihingi ako ng pasensya sa nagawa ko sa inyong anak. Nakokonsensya talaga ako. Nakagamit ako ng droga, (I apologize for what I did to your daughter. My conscience is haunting me. I was influenced by drugs,)” Llenes said.

Llenes will face charges of murder to be filed on Monday (April 15).

Silawan was found dead in a vacant lot in Barangay Bankal in Lapu-Lapu City.

Her face was skinned and her body bore 20 stab wounds.– Marje Pelayo (with details from Gladys Toabi)

Mayor Isko on Baseco drug raid: 35 arrested, 35 are alive

Aileen Cerrudo   •   August 6, 2019

Manila City Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso presents 35 drug suspects who were arrested in Baseco area. (Manila Public Information Office)

Manila Mayor Isko Moreno on Monday (Aug 5) presented 35 drug suspects who were arrested in Baseco area from July 22 to August 5.

“Out of the 35 arrested, 35 are alive,” according to Moreno. The suspects were arrested for either selling or using drugs.

He had previously given the Manila Police District (MPD) and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) a week to clear Baseco Compound of illegal drugs and loose firearms.

The area has been branded as the most drug-infested village in the country.

“I hope this is just the beginning that Manila, with the help of God, is cleansed of drugs in every community,” he said.

Moreno also reiterated that he will not tolerate illegal drugs in Manila.

“We don’t tolerate them we don’t like them in our city, the capital of the country. I don’t like them selling and using drugs in the City of Manila,” he added.—AAC

Bato seeks to include substance abuse education in K-12 Program

Aileen Cerrudo   •   July 19, 2019

Senator Ronald ‘Bato’ dela Rosa has filed a Senate bill that seeks to include substance abuse education in the K-12 program.

Based on his Senate Bill No. 228, substance abuse prevention education should be included from 4th Grade to the 12th Grade. This aims to equip students with sufficient knowledge and information about the dangers of substance abuse.

“The youth, once involved in drug abuse will likely have academic, relationship and health problems. This leads to lower grades, dropping out from schools and having damaged physical, cognitive and emotional development,” he said.

Based on the data of the Dangerous Drugs Board, there are 4.8 million Filipinos aged 10 to 69 who have used illegal drugs at least once in their lives.

The youngest drug surrenderer and youngest recorded minor rescued for substance abuse were seven-year-olds. —AAC

Duterte mulls another Customs revamp

Marje Pelayo   •   July 8, 2019

FILE PHOTO: President Rodrigo Roa Duterte. | KARL NORMAN ALONZO/PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte hinted on axing more employees from the Bureau of Customs (BOC) due to another cycle of corruption in the agency.

“Iyan ang problema ng Pilipinas (That’s the problem in the Philippines). So I have three years. When I go back, I would be firing more from the Bureau of Customs” the President announced on Friday (July 5) during the inauguration of a rice processing center in Alangalang, Leyte.

He also mentioned his earlier proposal of bringing in the military into the BOC because of the rampant corruption and drug smuggling in the agency.

“I am just telegraphing. Then maybe ilagay ko na sa Army talaga lahat ‘yang nasa ano (Then maybe I’ll place the army there in [BOC]). Hindi na ako maniwala niyan (I don’t believe) they are not allowed to work,” Duterte said.

“Since I cannot depend on the idiots, what should I do? Follow the rule that itong mga army, police, hindi makadala. And if my country is sinking, you want me to follow a rule that cannot help my country? I will not,” he stressed.

It will be recalled that Senator Panfilo Lacson had earlier said corruption remained “business as usual” inside the BOC because the “tara system” and illegal shipments such as drug smuggling remain in operation.

In October 2018, President Duterte ordered the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) to take over the BOC after billions of pesos worth of illegal drugs slipped past the Customs screening. – with details from Rosalie Coz

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+63) 396-8688 (Tel)

(+63) 2 920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+63) 396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+63) 2 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.