Cebu road rage suspect offers P300,000 for original footage of incident

admin   •   March 23, 2017   •   3484

CEBU — The camp of David Lim, Jr. is now searching for the original copy of the video footage of the road rage incident in Cebu on Sunday.

Lim’s camp said they are ready to give P300 thousand pesos to whoever can provide the original copy.

It can be recalled that Lim’s camp claims that the viral videos of the incident has been tampered with.

Lim’s lawyer Atty. Jun Salatandre said if the original video footage is in the possession of victim Ephraim Nunal Montalbo’s camp, they have to release it so that the truth will come out.

“Of course in our part, there is that video. We would just ask them, is this the real video footage? If they deny then where is the original? Because they must have the original. And the original is with them, under the rules of evidence, if you are in possession of that you have to present that. If not, that is suppression of evidence,” he said.

David Lim, Jr. is temporarily detained at the Cebu City Police Office while waiting for the resolution of the case.

Meanwhile, Cebu City Police Senior Supt. Joel Doria denies giving the suspect special treatment.

“It’s the public’s opinion if they think what they are seeing is a special treatment. But then, for us, we see to it that we give them equal protection,” said Doria.

Lim is now facing charges of frustrated murder and illegal possession of ammunition. — Deb Reveral | UNTV News and Rescue

Cebu, Mandaue and Zamboanga cities placed under GCQ starting June 1

Marje Pelayo   •   June 1, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — Aside from Metro Manila, several areas have also been placed also under general community quarantine (GCQ) for 15 days starting Monday (June 1).

Based on the latest announcement by Presidential Spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque, these areas include the entire Region VII or Central Visayas particularly Cebu City and Mandaue City as well as Zamboanga City in Mindanao.

The decision to place these areas under GCQ came after their local governments appealed to the Inter-Agency Task Force against COVID-19 for a reclassification of quarantine status.

These areas are in addition to the previously announced regions and localities which will be under GCQ starting June 1, namely the National Capital Region, Pangasinan, Regions II, III, IV-A and Davao City.

Meanwhile, all other areas not mentioned will be placed under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) starting next month. 

Therefore, starting Monday (June 1), two community quarantine measures will be implemented — the general community quarantine (GCQ) where most industries and economic sectors will be allowed to operate; and the modified general community quarantine (NGCQ) which is the last phase towards the transition to the ‘new normal.’ MNP (with details from Rosalie Coz)

LOOK: Nurse pays tribute to fellow frontliners through syringe art

Aileen Cerrudo   •   April 24, 2020

While the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic continues to wreak havoc, the world is ever more appreciative and supportive of health workers frontlining the virus battle. Some express their support through music and donations — others through fine art.

A nurse paid tribute to her fellow frontliners and COVID-19 victims using syringe art.

Kimberly Joy Mallo Magbanua shared her masterpiece on Facebook: a health worker sleeping in exhaustion with the Philippine flag for a blanket.

“Ito’y para sa aking mga kapwang frontliners at sa lahat ng naging biktima ng COVID-19 (This is for my fellow frontliners and all the victims of COVID-19),” her post reads. AAC

TAGS   , ,

Newborn baby in Cebu tests positive for COVID-19

Aileen Cerrudo   •   April 22, 2020

A newborn baby in Cebu City has tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), according to the Department of Health (DOH) Region 7.

On Tuesday (April 21), the DOH Region 7 reported that the newborn is among the seven new COVID-19 cases in Cebu City, increasing the total number to 173.

The regional department also reported that they have yet to determine how the infant got infected with the virus since the mother tested negative for the viral disease.

Meanwhile, the DOH Region 7 advises pregnant women to stay home, avoid crowds, and always wear protective masks in case they need to leave the house.

Central Visayas has a total of 203 COVID-19 cases as of Tuesday. The highest is in Cebu with 173, followed by Lapu-Lapu City with 13 cases, and Mandaue City with 9 cases. AAC (with reports from Gladys Toabi)

TAGS   ,

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.