CCTV captures escape of American-Korean drug dealer from hospital

admin   •   April 21, 2017   •   3735

MANILA — The Philippine National Police (PNP) continues their manhunt operation against Korean-American drug suspect, Jun No.

A CCTV footage at the East Avenue Medical Center, shows the actual moment of No’s escape from the hospital.

He was confined due to acute appendicitis and underwent an appendectomy last week.

A CCTV camera in ward 1 captured the instance when No passed by at around 6:03 a.m. on Saturday, April 15.

At 6:04 am, No walked across the hospital’s waiting area with his right hand covered by a cloth, allegedly to hide the handcuffs.

At around 6:06 a.m. he exited the hospital like an ordinary patient.

During these hours, SPO2 Michael Macaburro of PNP P-DEG had gone out for breakfast while Intelligence Officer 2 Ernie Eugenio of PDEA was sleeping.

PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group said this is negligence of duty by the two policemen supposedly guarding No.

“Alertness, do not be negligent. People tend to relax if something is done repetitively,”

CIDG assured this will not be tolerated.

“The two cops are facing charges for the escape of the prisoner. That is with the criminal just already.”  — Marisol Abogadil  | UNTV News & Rescue

More COVID-19 wards, ICU rooms at EAMC by end of August — DPWH

Marje Pelayo   •   August 6, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) is working double time to complete the construction of additional wards and intensive care units (ICU) at the East Avenue Medical Center (EAMC) in Quezon City.

“In a meeting, together with our team and its counterpart at the Department of Health (DOH) and the building contractor, I was assured that a system is in place to complete the EAMC facilities the soonest,” Secretary Mark Villar said.

Villar added that the facilities will be able to accommodate additional 250 patients.

The DOH tapped the DPWH to help expedite the construction of the facilities at EAMC to increase its bed capacity for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) patients.

The additional wards are expected to be completed by August 17 while the enhancement of the third floor for ICU will be finished on September 15.

DOH, EAMC deny order to stop counting of COVID-19 fatalities

Maris Federez   •   April 12, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — The East Avenue Medical Center (EAMC) on Saturday (April 11) denied allegations that it has received directives from the Department of Health (DOH) to halt the counting of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) fatalities.

This stemmed from reports of bodies supposedly piling up at hospitals instead of being cremated, and of hospitals in Quezon City allegedly being told not to do a census on deaths.

On a Twitter post, DOH Secretary Francisco Duque III said that “the DOH did NOT and will NEVER issue a directive for hospitals to conceal the number of COVID-19 deaths.”

The DOH chief also vowed to have the issue immediately investigated.

Dr. Alfonso G Nuñez III, OIC Medical Center Chief II, in an official statement, also said they were not told to hold back tallying and reporting of fatalities related to the novel coronavirus disease.

“Deaths related to COVID-19 in East Avenue Medical Center are still being recorded and reported to the Department of Health Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit,” the statement read.

As part of the investigation, the health department on Sunday (April 12) conducted an investigation and a conference with the EAMC officials to address the said issues and concerns. – mbmf

Muntinlupa Police creates task group to investigate Santos slay case

Maris Federez   •   February 20, 2020

MUNTINLUPA CITY, Philippines — The Muntinlupa City Police has created a special investigation task group to focus on the killing of suspended Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) legal officer Atty. Frederick Anthony Santos.

The police said neither the closed-circuit television camera (CCTV) installed in the vicinity of the crime scene nor the dashcam of Santos’ vehicle was able to capture the shooting incident that took the life of the official.

Muntinlupa City Police chief PCol. Hermogenes Duque Cabe, however, said they can still check on all the CCTV in the possible route that the suspects took in fleeing the crime scene.
 
“Ongoing ang investigation pa rin hanggang ngayon,” Cabe said.

Based on the autopsy, Santos sustained two gunshots in the head, one on his neck, and three on his left arm.

Witnesses said the suspects left the crime scene on a motorcycle.

The Department of Justice, on the other hand, has earlier ordered the National Bureau of Investigation to conduct its own investigation on the killing of the suspended BuCor official.

The DOJ doesn’t discount the possibility that the shooting is connected with the good conduct time allowance (GCTA) controversy at the agency.

Santos was supposed to return to work on March 12 after the six-month suspension meted out on him by the Office of the Ombudsman due to anomalous implementation of the GCTA.

Meanwhile, Senator Ronald dela Rosa believes that the drug lords in the New Bilibid Prisons are behind the killing of Atty. Santos.

“’yung nagpapatay dyan sa mga tao natin sa BuCor, yan din yung mga nakakulong na drug lord dyan na kumbaga hindi nasunod yung kanilang kagustuhan. Marami pa yang pera at galamay sa labas na pwede kang ipapatay. Tinatakot nga ang mga judge, mga piskal,” dela Rosa said. —(from the report of Correspondent Sherwin Culubong) /mbmf

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.