Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Captured ASG bomb maker expected to face charges today

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Monday, June 19th, 2017

Courtesy: AFP WESMINCOM

Courtesy: AFP WESMINCOM

ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines — Zamboanga Police office is currently in custody of Hamsi Amjad Marani, an Abu Sayyaf member and alleged bomb maker of ASG leader Isnilon Hapilon.

Police said, Marani may formal charges today for violating R.A. 9516 after police confiscated components used in making improvised explosive devices (IEDs).

Marani was arrested on Saturday during a joint military and police operation at Sitio Niyog-Niyog, Barangay Muti in Zamboanga City.

Meanwhile, the suspect has vehemently denied being a member of the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) and claims not to know Hapilon. He also insists he does not know how to create an explosive and that he rarely goes to Sulu.

Security has been tightened at the detention cell of Marani who is considered a high risk detainee.

Joint Task Zamboanga asserted that there is sufficient ground for the arrest of Marani.

Authorities assured enhance security at all entry points of Zamboanga Peninsula to prevent possible spillover of terrorist groups like Maute. — Dante Amento | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

PNP chief: Failed attack of Abu Sayyaf Group during ASEAN Summit linked to ISIS

by UNTV   |   Posted on Friday, November 17th, 2017


MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine National Police (PNP) has revealed the arrest of three alleged members of the Abu Sayaf Group (ASG) on November 10 in the village of Culiat, Tandang Sora in Quezon City.

The intelligence group of the PNP has discovered that the said terrorists planned to conduct bombings during the conduct of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit.

The alleged terrorists were identified as 19-year old Abdulgaffar Jikiri alias Abu Bakar, 19-year old Alim Sabtalim Labing, and 24-year old Sadam Jhofar. The arrested men are from Basilan.

“Obviously, being a member of the Basilan based Abu Sayaff Group, they are connected to ISIS,” said PNP chief PDG Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa.

Before the suspects were arrested, the PNP monitored their posts on their social media accounts regarding their planned terror attack in Metro Manila.

The police said suspects posted photos of high powered firearms and improvised explosive devices with captions, saying they would use the firearms to kill kafirs or non-Muslims.

They also posted their alleged possible targets like malls and parks in Manila.

Pictures of armed children are also posted on their social media accounts.

“That’s part of the intelligence gathering on the web on the internet. It’s also part our intelligence gathering. We also get much information thru social media also,” said NCRPO Director Oscar Albayalde.

Authorities confiscated from the suspects firearms, ammunition, grenades, and cellular phones.

The suspects had already undergone inquest proceedings in the Quezon City Prosecutors Office.

They are now facing charges of unlawful possession of firearms, illegal possession of explosives and violation of the existing gun ban.

The PNP said that it still conducts monitoring as there might be other ASG members in Metro Manila.

The police noted that the public has nothing to worry about, saying its personnel remains on a full alert status for the entire holiday season. — Mon Jocson | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , , ,

Military hunts new Islamic State emir in Southeast Asia

by UNTV   |   Posted on Monday, November 6th, 2017

MANILA, Philippines — Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Ronald dela Rosa confirmed that the Islamic State (ISIS) has a new emir in Southeast Asia.

Dela Rosa noted that the information came from the arrested Indonesian fighter, Mohammad Ilham Syahputra.

“According to him, Amin Baco is not just one of the remaining stragglers there, but he replaced former emir, Isnilon Hapilon as the emir of Southeast Asia. He assumed the post of Isnilon as the emir of Southeast Asia ISIS,” said the PNP chief.

However, Department of National Defense (DND) Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said the public has nothing to worry about even though the military has not yet captured the alleged new ISIS emir, identified as Amin Baco.

Lorenzana explained that the new ISIS emir is not as strong as Isnilon Hapilon, saying it’s the first time Amin’s name has surfaced.

“Obviously, his name had not come up before. Maybe he is not as high profile as Isnilon. Maybe he is just middle level. But maybe, there are no other leaders higher than him.  He may be also taking orders,” said the defense secretary.

He added that Amin does not have the capability like Hapilon to amass a huge number of troops.

“We are not belittling him. But he can no longer mass that number of troops like that of Isnilon to bring to Marawi like 2,000 fighters who are fully equipped, fully armed supply with the ammunition,” said Lorenzana.

Lorenzana noted that the military is sweeping every corner of Marawi City and nearby provinces to capture Baco.

Arrested Indonesian terrorist Muhammad Ilham Syahputra identified Baco as the new ISIS emir in Southeast Asia.

It can be recalled military troops captured Syahputra recently in Marawi City. — Lea Ylagan | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

ISIS extremists no longer have links to PH after Hapilon and Maute brothers death – WestMinCom

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Friday, November 3rd, 2017

 

MANILA, Philippines — Following the killing of designated ISIS “emir” for Southeast Asia, Isnilon Hapilon and Maute terror group leaders, Omar and Abdullah Maute, the Armed Forces of the Philippines Western Mindanao command believes that the Daesh  or the so-called “Islamic State” extremists no longer have links to the Philippines.

“I believed that for now, they no longer have contacts in the Philippines. The good thing is that after the Marawi siege they cannot tell that Philippines is a very good destination for them they know they will be all killed then,” WestMinCom Commander Lt/Gen. Carlito Galvez, Jr.

WestMinCom has jurisdiction over areas in Mindanao with presence of known armed groups such as the beleaguered Maute terror group, Abu Sayyaf, Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighers, and several others.

According to WestMinCom Commander Lt/Gen. Carlito Galvez Jr, Daesh militants would have second thoughts first before attempting to influence the country again.

“So with the killing of these prominent personalities, there is a huge probability that they will have difficulty getting into the Philippines,” Galvez said.

WestMinCom said it will go after all the supporters of the ISIS-inspired Maute group until the end of this year in accordance with the directive of President Rodrigo Duterte.

For now, the military is set to neutralize two Maute supporters outside of Marawi City.

After clearing Mindanao of foreign inspired terrorist groups, the AFP said it’s next target is the local terrorist group Abu Sayyaf (ASG).

Newly installed AFP of Staff Lt. Gen. Rey Leonardo Guerrero recently visited the headquarters of the Western Mindanao Command to further strengthen the morale of soldiers. – Victor Cosare | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , ,