Caloocan City nears completion of SAP aid distribution as deadline approaches

Marje Pelayo   •   May 5, 2020   •   3011

MANILA, Philippines — The city government of Caloocan has already distributed 82% of cash aid under the Social Amelioration Program (SAP). 

To date, the local government unit (LGU) has reached almost all of its 216,000 family beneficiaries.

Caloocan City is among the cities in Metro Manila that received the highest amount of cash assistance from SAP and the highest distribution rate so far. 

The city government is expecting to complete SAP distribution before the May 7 deadline. 

“Simula noong ibinaba sa amin ang guidelines, iyong mandate kung paano, nag-ready na ang Caloocan [Ever since the guidelines or the mandate was issued, we in Caloocan prepared right away],” said Obet Quizon, an officer at the City Social Welfare Action (CSWA) Center. 

Metro Manila’s largest barangay — Barangay Bagong Silang — is also under the jurisdiction of the Caloocan City government. 

Barangay Bagong Silang has 33,000 families who are SAP beneficiaries. 

Quizon reminds residents not to proceed to SAP distribution venues without the verification from the LGU because there is no way they will receive anything, such as the case in Gabriela Silang Elementary School. 

To ensure that strict physical distancing protocol is observed, the city government has scheduled the collection of SAP aid per barangay.

Meanwhile, for recipients who were not able to find their names on the list of recipients at the barangay hall, Quizon said they should proceed to the city hall. 

Resident, Jerelyn Ramos, lamented, “Iyong mga kasama ko sa 201 nanggaling na kami sa Phase 3 wala kaming nakuha lahat pero may nakakapag-claim. Galing na kami doon ang sabi wala, nandito daw. Pumunta naman kami dito wala pa rin. Nasaan po?”

The city officer explained, “Kapag naman kasi nag-advise sila na nandoon, definitely ii-inform din sila kung saan at anong oras nila mapupuntahan ang ayuda nila.”

“If ever, it came to a point na sinasabi ninyo na hindi makita ang pangalan, sa office namin makipag ugnayan,” he added. 

Those who have concerns may approach the personnel of the City Social Welfare Action at the main city hall in Caloocan South or at the city hall annex building in Caloocan North. MNP (with details from Rey Pelayo)

Caloocan Mayor Oscar Malapitan tests positive for COVID-19

Marje Pelayo   •   August 25, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Mayor Oscar “Oca” Malapitan of Caloocan City has tested positive for COVID-19.

In a statement issued on Wednesday (August 25), Malapitan said he is in good condition and is currently under treatment.

“Ako ay nasa maayos na kalagayan at kasalukuyang nagpapagaling (I am in stable condition and currently  recuperating),” he said, though he did not state whether he is at home or confined in a COVID facility.

Malapitan vowed to perform his duties as local chief executive while in isolation, especially in monitoring th e city’s COVID-19 response.

“Patuloy na gagampanan ng Pamahalaang Lungsod ng Caloocan ang kanyang tungkulin at mandato upang tugunan ang mga pangangailangan ng ating mga kababayan,” he said.

(The city government of Caloocan will continue to deliver its duties and mandate to address the needs of its constituents.)

“Umasa po kayo na ang inyong lingkod ay patuloy na nakaantabay sa mga nagaganap at pangyayari sa ating lungsod habang patuloy ang aking komunikasyon sa mga iba’t ibang sangay ng ating pamahalaan,” he added.

(Rest assured that I will continue to monitor events in the city while keeping the lines of communication  with other government agencies open.)

The Mayor also called on all individuals who recently had close contacts with him to immediately go on self-quarantine and take a swab test at local health departments or barangay health centers.

“Hinihikayat ko ang aking mga close contact nitong mga nakaraang araw na kaagad magself-quarantine at sumailalim sa swab test. Mayroon tayong regular na libreng RT-PCR test para sa ating mga mamamayan,” he urged.

(I am asking those I had close contact with in the past few days, to immediately undergo self-quarantine and take a swab test. We have free RT-PCR test for our constituents.)

For those concerned, they may also call on the local government’s COVID hotline numbers 09668274519 or 09478834430.

“Umasa po tayo na malalampasan natin ang pandemyang nagdulot nang matinding kahirapan at sakripisyo sa ating bayan sa pamamagitan ng ating pananampalataya at pagdasal sa Poong Maykapal,” Mayor Malapitan said.

(Let us hope to get past through this pandemic, that has imposed hardship and sacrifice on our country, by keeping our faith in God.)

No delays in distribution of ECQ ayuda in NCR today — DILG

Marje Pelayo   •   August 11, 2021

MANILA, Philippines  — The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) on Wednesday (August 11) assured that there will be no delays in the distribution of cash aid from the national government for low-income individuals in the National Capital Region (NCR) affected by the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).

“As agreed with the Metro Manila Council, all local government units (LGUs) in the NCR will be starting their Ayuda II distribution today, including the City of Manila,” said DILG Spokesperson Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya.

First to announce its distribution of cash aid was the city of Manila.

According to Malaya, the DILG and the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) are the main agencies tasked to supervise the start of the ‘Ayuda II’ distribution in the city to ensure the orderly conduct of payout activities.

Malaya said additional personnel from the DSWD and the DILG have been deployed to all distribution sites in the city to supervise the pay-out.

The official cited DILG Secretary Eduardo Año who directed PMGen Vicente Danao to deploy additional police officers and social distance patrollers to all distribution sites to maintain order.

The DILG assured that representatives of national government agencies that are members of the Joint Monitoring and Inspection Committee will also be present at all distribution points in other LGUs to monitor and ensure compliance with Joint Memorandum Circular No. 3.

The ceremonial distribution of Ayuda II is at 9:30 AM at the Jose Abad Santos High School in Binondo, Manila.

Cash aid distribution in NCR to start on August 11 – DILG

Robie de Guzman   •   August 10, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Local government units (LGU) in Metro Manila will begin on Wednesday, August 11, the distribution of cash aid to population affected by the imposition of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) said.

In his report to President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said that LGUs in Metro Manila, along with the DILG, Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), and the Department of National Defense are working for the issuance of the Joint Memorandum Circular No. 3.

Under DILG’s Joint Memorandum Circular No.3 series of 2021, P10.98 billion will be used to subsidize over 10 million low-income Filipinos in Metro Manila.

Año said the recipients will be the low-income individuals and families identified by the LGUs. Long-term or temporary NCR residents affected by the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) are entitled to receive the cash aid.

The interior chief said they are working on a P278-million supplemental budget to ensure that all qualified Metro Manila residents will receive government support.

“At sisiguraduhin po na magiging maayos ang distribution sa tulong ng Philippine National Police at Armed Forces of the Philippines. Magbibigay po ako ng ulat kada linggo kapag nagsimula na po ang ating pagbibigay ng ayuda,” he said.

Metro Manila was placed under ECQ from August 6 to 20 to curb the further spread of COVID-19, particularly its highly transmissible variants.

Año said the DILG will strictly enforce government guidelines on the movement of people within the ECQ area.

The DILG has released an advisory to the LGUs for aggressive testing, contact tracing and isolation of infected individuals to contain the spread of the virus, he added.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.