Bong Go bares his back to deny alleged link to drug syndicate

Robie de Guzman   •   April 10, 2019   •   8882

Senatorial aspirant, Christopher ‘Bong’ Go bares his back to deny his alleged links to an illegal drug syndicate.

Senatorial aspirant and former Special Assistant to the President Christopher ‘Bong’ Go on Wednesday bared his back to refute his alleged links to an illegal drug syndicate.

Go showed off his back to debunk claims he has a tattoo as mentioned in a series of videos uploaded by a certain ‘Bikoy’.

In the third installment of videos entitled, “Ang Totoong Narco List,” ‘Bikoy’ tagged Go as one of the big bosses in a drug syndicate who allegedly owns four local bank accounts where drug money is funneled. He alleged that Go used the codename “TESOROGOLF-TSG002,” which supposedly represents the former presidential aide’s full name Christopher Lawrence ‘Bong’ Tesoro Go.

Bikoy, who claimed to be a former member of a drug syndicate operating in Luzon and Visayas, said Go has a dragon tattoo on his back that bears the alphanumeric code “COATLIBRA-0018” from the drug transactions.

At a campaign sortie in Agusan del Sur on Wednesday, Go dispelled the accusations by baring his back.

Former Presidential aide Bong Go bares his tattoo-less back to debunk his alleged links to a drug syndicate. | Photo by Bong Go

There was no tattoo on his back but there were circular marks, which Go said were due to ventosa cupping therapy.

In another campaign sortie in Laguna on Monday, Go denied having a tattoo and accused his political opponents of employing “desperate” tactics.

“Hindi pa po ako nagkaroon ng tatoo kailanman sa  buhay ko, balat po marami ako sa likod,” he said.   

(I never had a tattoo. Birth marks, I have many on my back)

He also denied involvement in the drug ring, stressing that his former boss and still close ally – President Rodrigo Duterte – abhors illegal drugs.

Malacañang has dismissed the allegations against Go, and presidential son Paolo Duterte who was also tagged as among the principals of a drug syndicate, as mere propaganda.

“We’ve been saying all along that that was a black propaganda. There are people who believe it, hook, line, and sinker. It’s now showing that it’s not true. It’s never been true,” Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said. – Robie de Guzman/Roderic Mendoza

Former PH envoy to Brazil back in PH

Robie de Guzman   •   November 3, 2020

Former Philippine Ambassador to Brazil Marichu Mauro

MANILA, Philippines – Former Philippine Ambassador to Brazil Marichu Mauro has returned to the country, several days after she was reported to have been caught on video mistreating her service staff inside the diplomat residence in the South American country.

In a statement on Tuesday, Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go confirmed that Mauro arrived in the country late Monday night after receiving information from the DFA.

Mauro was ordered to return to Manila to face an investigation into her alleged acts of abuse after CCTV videos of her berating and maltreating her household helper were shown by a Brazilian media in October.

The Filipina helper has already returned to the country last week.

Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. earlier said a team has been formed to investigate Mauro and the circumstances surrounding the issue.

“The DFA is expected to have an impartial investigation, relying on facts and not influenced by public statements for or against the Ambassador,” Go said.

Mauro has yet to issue a statement.

Duterte OKs probe on PH envoy accused of mistreating staff

Robie de Guzman   •   October 29, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte has allowed the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) to proceed with the investigation into a Philippine envoy’s alleged maltreatment of her service staff in Brazil, Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go said Thursday.

“In light of the gravity of the allegations against the ambassador, the President has given the green light to proceed with the investigation of the official concerned, as recommended by the Secretary of Foreign Affairs,” Go said in a statement.

The DFA earlier said it needed the approval of the president to conduct a probe against Philippine Ambassador to Brazil Marichu Mauro who was caught on CCTV maltreating her unidentified Filipina household service staff on several occasions.

Section 51 of the Foreign Service Act states that “Chiefs of Mission who are commissioned by the President as ambassadors extraordinary and plenipotentiary shall not be investigated by the Board [of Foreign Service Administration] or separated from the service unless there is an express written directive from the President.”

“The President has always been firm – the protection and promotion of the rights, welfare and well-being of Filipinos overseas is a paramount responsibility of our government,” Go said.

“Our ambassadors are duty-bound to carry out this mandate, no questions asked,” he added.

Go further stated that the “impartial investigation will be carried out consistent with relevant provisions of the law, particularly the Foreign Service Act of 1991.”

DFA Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. earlier said a team has been formed to investigate Mauro and the circumstances surrounding the issue.

Mauro has been ordered to return home to face the investigation.

She has yet to issue a statement regarding the allegations.

Quarantine recommendation should be submitted privately to ease public pressure —Palace

Aileen Cerrudo   •   October 14, 2020

The Malacañang on Wednesday (October 14) explained its call to keep recommendations of experts private.

Presidential Spokesperson Sec. Harry Roque said the move is to put less public pressure on President Rodrigo Duterte in deciding which policies to implement during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.

The Palace urged the OCTA Research team to keep their recommendations on quarantine classifications private similar to what the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) is currently doing.

“We want the President to make the right decision without pressure from public opinion,” Roque said.

The OCTA Research said they understand the government’s position regarding quarantine qualification recommendations. The group, however, reiterates that they will continue to publish other data and recommendations.

“We understand the position of the government. We can still publish data and trend analysis and certain recommendations,” according to OCTA Research Team Member Dr. Guido David. -AAC (with reports from Rosalie Coz)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.