Updated: Bomb threat disrupts work at Makati City Hall

admin   •   September 6, 2016   •   5325

Employees evacuate the building following report of a bomb threat.

Employees evacuate the building following report of a bomb threat.

 

MANILA, Philippines (Updated) — At 9:30 a.m. this morning, a call went through the switchboard operator of Makati City Hall,warning of a bomb threat.

This prompted the building administration to quickly evacuate employees out of the building.

Police immediately responded to the distress call and arrived at the location to investigate the situation.

By 11: 10 a.m. all personnel were  advised that it is safe to return to their workstations.

(UNTV News and Rescue)

 

 

 

 

 

At least 17 injured after knife attack on Tokyo train

Aileen Cerrudo   •   November 1, 2021

A 24-year-old man dressed as the Joker character from the Batman comics attacked passengers on a Tokyo subway on Sunday (October 31), injuring at least 17 passengers and sending people scrambling to escape.

The suspect reportedly stabbed a passenger then attempted to set the train on fire. Some of the passengers  climbed through the train’s windows to get away from the attacker. The incident happened in Keio Line train near Kokuryo Station in the city of Tokyo.

Twitter posts showed a video of passengers running through carriages away from the fire. Media reports say the suspects was immediately arrested.

The incident was the the second knife attack on a Tokyo train in three months.

Meanwhile, the Philippine Embassy in Japan confirmed that no Filipino was injured or affected by the incident. AAC

 

TAGS   , ,

Filipina nurse dies after being knocked down in Times Square NYC

UNTV News   •   October 11, 2021

A Filipina nurse in the United States died on Sunday from injuries sustained after she was knocked to the ground in Times Square, New York.

The Philippine Consulate General in New York identified the victim as Maria Ambrocio from New Jersey.

“We grieve with the rest of the Filipino Community over the death of our kababayan, Maria Ambrocio, a 58-year-old health frontliner from Bayonne, New Jersey, who is the latest victim of deranged individuals on the loose in New York City,” the Consulate General said in a statement.

She had been on life support for the head trauma she sustained on Friday afternoon after she was knocked down by someone who was described as a mentally disturbed homeless man.

Ambrocio was walking with a fellow Filipino near Times Square after visiting the Philippine Consulate General when she was struck by the suspect who was reportedly being chased after grabbing a mobile phone from someone.

“We have joined calls for authorities to take the necessary steps, including heightened police visibility, to protect the public after we noted the surge in anti-Asian hate incidents that targeted some of our kababayan,” the consulate said.

“We also supported calls for authorities to take the necessary measures to address mental health issues, especially among the homeless,” it added.

“We reiterate these calls as we mourn our loss, but we also ask ourselves: How many more Maria Ambrocios do we have to mourn before the streets would be made safe again?” the consulate further said.

No security threat in Metro Manila despite arrest of 2 ASG members in Taguig – PNP

Robie de Guzman   •   July 14, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief General Guillermo Eleazar on Wednesday said that no security threat has been monitored in Metro Manila despite the recent arrest of two suspected members of Abu Sayyaf Group in Taguig City.

In a statement, Eleazar said authorities continue to check if the two suspects have cohorts in Metro Manila and if they were planning to commit acts of terror.

“Sa panig ng PNP, wala tayong nakikitang banta ng terorismo dito sa Metro Manila. Patuloy ang imbestigasyon sa pagkakaaresto sa dalawang miyembro umano ng Abu Sayyaf sa Taguig. Inaalam pa ng mga imbestigador kung bakit narito sa NCR ang mga suspek,” he said.

“Magkagayon man, nananatiling alerto ang ating kapulisan para masiguro ang kapayaan at kaayusan dito sa Kamaynilaan,” he added.

The two suspects, identified as Taupik Galbun a.k.a “Pa Wahid,” and Saik Galbun a.k.a “Pa Tanda,” were nabbed during an operation in Sitio Imelda, Upper Bicutan, Taguig City last Saturday, July 10.

Teams from the National Capital Region Police Office, the Southern Police District, the Taguig City Police, and the Joint Task Force NCR conducted the operation.

Reports reaching the Office of the PNP chief said that Taupik Galbun has several arrest warrants against him including six counts of kidnapping and serious illegal detention with ransom.

He was said to be a member of the ASG directly under the late Isnilon Hapilon and Radulan Sahiron.

Taupik Galbun allegedly took part in the beheading of three persons and the abduction of three teachers in Zamboanga City as well as six members of the Jehovah’s Witness in Patikul, Sulu.

Saik Galbun was also implicated in the kidnapping of the six Jehovah’s Witness members and also has a warrant of arrest for kidnapping and serious illegal detention with ransom.

The two suspects were placed under the custody the District Special Operations.

Eleazar urged the public to immediately report to authorities if they see anything suspicious or if they have information on the presence of lawless individuals in their areas.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.