BOC-Clark seizes P6.5-M worth of shabu, 30ml marijuana

Aileen Cerrudo   •   December 4, 2019   •   216

The Bureau of Customs (BOC)-Port of Clark seized P6.5 million worth of shabu on November 27 and 30ml of marijuana on (Tuesday) December 3.

The BOC-Clark reported that the 1.026 kgs of shabu worth P6.5 million came from a shipment of aquarium filter from the Czech Republic.

“The shipment said to contain ‘external aquarium filter’ was initially subjected to non-intrusive examination which revealed suspicious images. BOC K-9 inspection was then conducted which indicated possible presence of illegal drugs,” according to the BOC statement.

Upon inspection, the subject shipment yielded two plastic packs of crystalline substances which tested positive in containing the presence of Methamphetamine Hydrochloride or “shabu”.

A Warrant of Seizure and Detention (WSD) was immediately issued.

Meanwhile, a shipment declared as a nutritional supplement was found to contain three (3) bottles with markings of marijuana leaves.

“The seized methamphetamine hydrochloride and marijuana were turned over to PDEA Region III on November 27, 2019 and December 3, 2019, respectively,” according to BOC’s statement.—AAC (with reports from Aiko Miguel)

Duterte denies appointing new Customs chief

Maris Federez   •   January 14, 2020

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte administers the oath of Bureau of Customs Commissioner Rey Guerrero during a ceremony at the Presidential Guest House in Davao City on October 30, 2018. KARL NORMAN ALONZO/PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Roa Duterte has denied rumors of appointing a new chief for the Bureau of Customs, now being headed by former Armed Forces of the Philippine (AFP) chief of staff, Retired Gen. Ray Leonardo Guerrero.

The President said, however, that they had been talking about other possible personalities who can head the BOC.

Duterte also said that he is satisfied with Guerrero’s performance despite continuing reports of corruption inside the bureau.

“I am satisfied with General Guerrero, and he stays there and there are still some complaints so I’ll talk to him. Lalo na ‘yong mga tao na sinabi ko na paalisin na niya, some of them are lingering there. Sabihin ko kay Jagger, alisin mo ‘yan kasi ‘yan ang mga tao who have been there for 20 years, puro corruption ang ginawa,” the chief executive said.

The President made the clarification after a news article claiming that he has replaced Guerrero as Customs chief was published in a broadsheet last week. — mbmf

Guerrero belies replacement rumor in Customs

Maris Federez   •   January 10, 2020

Bureau of Customs (BOC) Commissioner Rey Leonardo Guerrero

MANILA, Philippines — Bureau of Customs (BOC) Commissioner Rey Leonardo Guerrero on Friday (Dec. 10) stated that he has not received any order from President Rodrigo Roa Duterte for him to step down from his post.

This is after a news article was released in one broadsheet claiming that he is soon to be replaced as Customs chief.

“I would not want to comment further doon sa news article. Hintayin na lang natin kung ano ang guidance ng palasyo. And nag- usap na rin kami ni Secretary of Finance so I am just waiting for iyong guidance,” Guerrero said.

Guerrero said that he will stay in his position as long as he is being permitted to by the President.

“Reasons don’t matter. Sabi ko we serve at the pleasure of the President. I’m a presidential appointee. Anytime pwede akong tanggalin ng appointing authority,” he added.

Guerrero further said that he even met the President at the AFP-PNP command conference last Tuesday and the chief executive has not mentioned anything regarding his said replacement.

The Customs chief also said that he is not familiar with the name William Lima, the person that the newspaper mentioned to be replacing him.

Guerrero maintained that he will just wait for any instruction from the President.

In the meantime, he said, he will be pushing for the full automation of the Customs Bureau to totally eradicate corruption in the agency. — (from the report of Aiko Miguel) /mbmf

BOC seizes P200K worth of Kush weeds, liquid marijuana

Robie de Guzman   •   January 7, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – The Bureau of Customs-Ninoy Aquino International Airport (BOC-NAIA) on Tuesday said it has intercepted a shipment allegedly containing kush weeds and liquid marijuana with an estimated value of P200,000.

The BOC-NAIA said the shipment was confiscated at the Central Mail Exchange Center in Pasay City on Monday, January 6.

The parcel was intercepted by the bureau in coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency and NAIA Inter-Agency Drug Interdiction Task Group.

The shipment, which was declared to contain a pair of shoes and chocolate, was identified to have originated from California.

The parcel was subjected to further examination after authorities detected the scent it emitted which was similar to marijuana shipments previously intercepted by authorities.

It was found to contain four packs of suspected kush weeds and ten cartridges of liquid marijuana.

The shipment was consigned to a certain Xavier Martin Bulos from Sampaloc, Manila, who was arrested when he claimed the parcel.

The BOC said Bulos will face charges for violation of RA 9165 also known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 in relation to RA 10863 or the Customs Modernization Tariff Act.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

(+632) 8920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+632) 8396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+632) 8 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.