BFP, PNP holds fire drill simulation in Bocaue, Bulacan

admin   •   December 4, 2018   •   3173

Firefighters extinguishing fire from a burning store in a fire drill simulation in Bocaue, Bulacan

BULACAN, Philippines — Complete with fire alarms and firefighters battling fire, the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) conducted a fire drill simulation in Bocaue, Bulacan on Monday (December 3).

The BFP staged a burning store which supposedly exploded due to firecrackers.

Using a firetruck and water, the fires were brought under control.

This was followed by the response of the rescue team to the victims of the incident.

After the drill, BFP and Bulacan-PNP inspected retailers and wholesalers of firecrackers in the country’s fireworks capital.

Authorities checked whether they have business permits and the permit to operate issued by Camp Crame.

They also ensured if there are fire extinguishers inside the stores as well as sand and water drums for extinguishing fires.

BFP chief Leonardo Banago said that the safety of everyone is important.

“Unang unang ipinagbabawal yung paninigarilyo, so dapat diyan no smoking. Yung pagtetesting ng ating mga produkto, diyan kasi madalas nagkakaroon ng insidente ng sunog,” said the chief.

“Dapat i-observe din yung distances ng mga manufacturing site natin at selling display area. Observe din natin yun para maiwasan din natin yun na pagkanagkaroong ng sunog ay walang madadamay na iba,” he said.

“Doon sa mga manufacturer, sundin natin kung ano yung naka-set na mga guidelines. Doon naman sa mga nagtitinda, sundin natin dapat mayroon tayong business permit, at yung tinitinda natin ay naayon doon sa mga nasabing regulation,” said Bulacan-PNP Provincial Director PSSupt Chito Bersaluna.

Although no one has violated the laws, the fire bureau and the police have restated the ban on illegal firecrackers based on Executive Order 28 of President Rodrigo Duterte.

Several vendors are worried about low sales since consumers are now afraid to purchase firecrackers.

“Ngayon po kasi malaki po ang pinagbago ng paputok natin. Marami pong pinagbawal ang ating president, kaya po yung mga seller ng paputok natin bumaba ng konte ngayon,” said Ine Medrano, a fireworks vendor.

In 2017, President Duterte has issued an executive order providing for the regulation and control of the use of firecrackers and other pyrotechnic devices.

Under this order, fireworks display are allowed only in designated areas in a community and must be under the supervision of a PNP-licensed and trained personnel. — Nestor Torres | UNTV News & Rescue

Pasig City reports one victim of stray bullet, seizes P700k worth of firecrackers

Marje Pelayo   •   January 4, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Mayor Vico Sotto reported on Monday (January 4) that Pasig City was able to confiscate more than P700,000-worth of firecrackers and related items from the New Year’s Eve revelry.

Sotto added that based on their tally, only three individuals sustained firecracker-related injuries, the lowest number so far in the city’s history.

He, however, reported one stray bullet injury.

The Mayor said the Philippine National Police (PNP) believes the that the bullet may have come from somewhere in Pinagbuhatan in Pasig, Taytay or Cainta, based on its trajectory.

The victims are now confined at the Pasig City General Hospital.

In December, Metro Manila mayors agreed to impose a complete firecracker ban in welcoming the New Year.

READ: PNP confirms firecracker ban in NCR, warns violators

Despite the total ban, there are still reports of firecracker-related injuries in several areas of the region.

Given the results, Mayor Sotto suggests that the government should keep a close watch on the supply of firecrackers to minimize, if not to fully end, the risks of firecrackers to the safety and health of the people.

“Sa susunod na Bagong Taon, mas kailangan tutukan ang SUPPLY. Kung gusto talaga natin na walang firecrackers nationwide o kahit metro manila, kailangan wala ring mabibili ang mga tao. Maraming nahuli kagabi, pero ang totoo mahirap makipaghabulan,” he said.

Presyo ng mga paputok at pailaw sa Bocaue, tumaas na

Robie de Guzman   •   December 31, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – Tumaas na ang presyo ng mga pailaw at paputok na ibinibenta sa Bocaue, Bulacan ilang oras bago ang pagpapalit ng taon.

Ayon kay Lea Alapide, ang president ng Philippine Pyrotechnics Manufacturer and Dealer Association, itinaas nila nang bahagya ang presyo ng tinda nilang paputok upang makabawi sa pagkalugi.

Ang dagdag-presyo ay kasunod na rin ng pagpapatupad ng total firecracker ban sa Metro Manila at ilang bayan sa Zambales at Tarlac.  

“Hindi naman po yung talagang mataas na mataas, Kung meron man pagtaas don sa mga dealers na kakaunti yung stock siguro doon sa partikular na produkto. Kung may pagtaas man P1, P2, P5. Mura lang naman po sa maliliit na items, sa malalaki naman meron P50, P100,” ang pahayag ni Alapide.

Ayon naman sa ilang firecracker vendor sa Bocaue, nagmahal na ang kemikal na ginagamit nila sa paggawa ng paputok kaya tumaas ang presyo ng kanilang mga produkto.

Ang mga paputok na tumaas ang presyo ay ang Sawa (2,000 rounds) na ngayon ay P800 mula sa dating P700, Sinturon na nasa P50 mula sa P40, Luces P30 kada 10 piraso, Fountain na nagkakahalaga ng P35, at Aerial na may presyong P5,500 para sa 168 shoots mula sa dating P4,500.

Dahil sa pagtaas ng presyo, binawasan ng ilang customer ang binibiling paputok habang ang iba naman ay mas piniling ibili na lang ng pagkain ang kanilang pera.

Una nang nagpaalala ang Philippine Natioal Police at Department of Health sa publiko na iwasang gumamit ng paputok, lalo na ang mga ipinagbabawal na uri nito upang makaiwas sa disgrasya. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Nestor Torres)

Sen. Villanueva, manufacturers to appeal against the total firecracker ban

Aileen Cerrudo   •   December 23, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — Senator Joel Villanueva and other firecracker manufacturers are appealing against President Rodrigo Duterte’s directive to totally ban firecrackers in the country.

The senator said the industry has become a part of the country’s culture and suggested fixing the industry instead of totally banning it.

“Aapila tayo sa Pangulo, maipaliwanag nating husto, kung saan tayo nanggagaling. Importante talaga ang maayos na regulation, (We will appeal to the President and carefully explain our side. What’s important is to fix the regulation),” he said.

Fireworks manufacturer Joven Ong said the ban would also affect manufacturing companies that are producing quality fireworks.

“Kami nakikiusap na huwag naman sana lahat ng industry dahil meron naman gumagawa ng kalidad na pailaw, na hindi naman nakakadulot ng pinsala walang nasasaktan (We are appealing not to ban the whole industry because there are those who are manufacturing quality [fireworks] which are not dangerous),” he said. AAC (with reports from Nestor Torres)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.