Bed capacity para sa COVID-19 patients ng ilang ospital sa Metro Manila, kritikal na
Robie de Guzman • March 16, 2021 • 511
MANILA, Philippines – Umabot na sa critical level ang bed capacity para sa COVID-19 patients ng ilang ospital sa Metro Manila sa gitna ng paglobo ng kaso ng mga nahawa ng sakit sa bansa.
Sa Philippine General Hospital, 80 porsiyento ng bed allocation para sa mga pasyenteng may COVID-19 ay okupado na at puno na rin ang kanilang intensive care unit.
Sa East Avenue Medical Center (EAMC) naman, nasa red zone na ang bed allocation para sa severe at critical COVID-19 patients.
Sa kabila nito, tiniyak ng pinuno ng EAMC na si Dr. Alfonso Nuñez na pinaghahandaan na nila ang posible pang pagtaas ng kaso gaya ng pagdaragdag ng bed capacity.
“Mayroon kaming mga step-up plans kung tawagin namin. Pero itong mga step-up plans, these are really designed to be one step ahead of the present situation, any situation that will come,” ang wika ni Nuñez.
“Pero syempre, may mga limitations ito. May mga limitations dahil sa resources, may limitations sa manpower,” dagdag pa niya.
Samantala, kinumpirma ni Makati City Mayor Abigail Binay na puno na rin ang hospital beds para sa COVID-19 patients sa lungsod.
Ilang government hospitals din sa Maynila ang mataas na rin ang occupancy rate kabilang na ang Ospital ng Sampaloc at Ospital ng Tondo.
Ang Doctor Jose N. Rodriguez Memorial Hospital (Tala Hospital) naman sa Caloocan City ay hindi na muna tatanggap ng mga pasyenteng walang COVID-19.
Paliwanag ng pinuno ng ospital na si Dr. Alfonso Famaran, tanging COVID-19 patients lang muna ang maaaring i-admit sa ngayon lalo’t isa ito sa mga designated na COVID referral centers.
Iniulat din ni Famaran na tumaas ang bilang ng kanilang mga pasyente sa nakalipas na mga linggo – mula sa dalawa hanggang limang pasyente noong Enero hanggang Pebrero ay umabot na ito sa 25 hanggang 30 kada araw ngayong Marso.
Sa 500 bed capacity para sa COVID-19 patients, 205 na ang okupado habang nasa 50 naman ang naka-admit na pasyenteng may ibang karamdaman.
Ayon kay Famaran, karamihan sa mga pasyenteng dinadala sa kanilang pagamutan ay nahawa dahil umano sa pagpunta sa mga pagtitipon at matataong lugar.
“Nalaman namin na nag-aattend ito ng mga ito family reunions, parties, pumupunta sa mga market places na masisikip. Ito yung number one. Ang number two naman, inamin din nila na, oo nga mayroon silang face shield, face mask, pero hindi siya properly na naisusuot,” ani Famaran.
Kaugnay nito, nanawagan ang mga healthcare worker sa publiko na sumunod sa health and safety protocols upang makaiwas sa sakit. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspendent Asher Cadapan Jr.)
MANILA, Philippines — Filipinos can get inoculated against novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) anywhere in the country under the government’s “no wrong door policy” in its vaccination drive, the Department of Health (DOH) said Monday.
“Meron ho tayong tinatawag na no wrong door policy. Ibig sabihin, kung ikaw ay nagpunta sa Davao at ikaw ay puwede nang bakunahan, puwede ka bakunahan doon kahit hindi ka taga-Davao,” Health Undersecretary Mari Rosario Vergeire said in a press briefing.
“Hindi po natin sinasara ang ating mga pinto sa mga bakunahan dahil hindi ka taga doon na lugar,” she added.
The health official, however, stressed that the vaccination should be done through appointments and that walk-ins should be discouraged as this tends to result in crowding.
The DOH previously said that local government units may open separate walk-in lanes in their COVID-19 vaccination centers as walk-ins may be used as substitutes for those who are scheduled for inoculation but do no show up on a certain date.
The agency, however, said that the number of walk-ins that would be accommodated per day in jab sites should be limited.
The DOH earlier urged the public to pre-register for the vaccination and get inoculated when it’s their turn.
MANILA, Philippines — The rise in COVID-19 cases in the Visayas and Mindanao areas could be attributed to a “multitude of factors,” the Department of Health (DOH) said Monday.
In an online press briefing, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said they have noted some factors that have contributed to the spike in infections in the Visayas and Mindanao areas, including the complacency in enforcing and observing health protocols.
The DOH also observed the clustering of infections in workplaces and prisons in the said areas.
“Lagi po nating sinasabi na pag may tumataas po na kaso sa bawat lugar, we need to look at a multitude of factors because we know that there are these different factors which causes the transmission of the virus,” Vergeire said.
“Meron tayong pang-indibidwal at pang-komunidad na pagpapatupad po natin ng minimum health protocols at ‘pag tiningnan natin there are reports already coming to us from our different regional epidemiological and surveillance units na talagang mukhang nagkaroon ng complacency sa pagpapatupad ng health protocols,” she added.
Vergeire said the presence of coronavirus variants in some parts of the Visayas and Mindanao may also have contributed to the surge.
“Totoo po na meron na tayong na-detect na variants sa iba’t ibang lugar dito sa Visayas and Mindanao and these can also be drivers of the infection but let us not just rely or let us not just say that it’s just because of the variants, there are a multitude of factors,” she said.
“Kailangan po kapag tayo ay tumitingin sa response natin, it’s a continuum. So we will need to address, not just the variants, but also the other forms of response that we are having,” she added.
Data from the DOH showed that active COVID-19 cases in the Visayas stood at 13,313, and 14,426 in Mindanao as of June 20.
The DOH reiterated its call to the public to continue adhering to health protocols mandated by the government to help break the chain of COVID-19 transmission.
MANILA, Philippines — A total of 2,153,942 people have completed their COVID-19 vaccine doses, the Department of Health (DOH) reported on Monday.
Based on the vaccine statistics released by the government, a total of 8,407,342 doses have already been administered in the country as of June 20. Of this figure, 6,253,400 have received their first dose.
The agency said that in the A1 or first priority group, a total of 1,569,561 have received their first shot while 1,067,630 have completed 2 doses.
In the A2 or the second priority group, a total of 2,001,758 were given the first dose. On the other hand, 553,527 received their second dose.
In the A3 sector, 2,088,000 received their first jab while 524,699 were fully vaccinated.
In the A4 group, 526,896 got their first jab and 8,086 received their second dose.
Around 67,185 persons under the A5 group were given the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
The DOH also said that the total COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the 16th week of the national vaccination reached a record high of 1,461,666 doses.
It also noted that the average daily administered doses in the last seven days were 208,809.
“The government is urging eligible populations belonging to priority groups A1 to A5 to register with their local government units, get vaccinated, and complete the required number of doses as scheduled,” the DOH said.
“Regardless of vaccination status, everyone is urged to continue practicing the minimum public health standards as you may still get infected with COVID-19 and infect other people,” it added.
The national government is eyeing to vaccinate up to 70 million people this year to attain population protection against COVID-19.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.