Authorities warn of disqualification, imprisonment for candidates funding NPA

admin   •   January 23, 2019   •   2748

BGen. Franco Nemesio Gacal

BUTUAN CITY, Philippines — The Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) in CARAGA region warn election hopefuls against giving in to extortion ploys of the New People’s Army (NPA) terror group.

The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) recently issued a memorandum which discouraged all candidates in the 2019 midterm polls from giving any amount to the rebels.

According to BGen. Franco Nemesio Gacal, commander of the 402IB, PA, any monetary dues given to the terrorist rebels in exchange for alleged permit to campaign or permit to win is a clear violation of R.A. 10168 or the Terrorism Financing Prevention and Suppression Act of 2012.

If proven guilty, the candidate will face life term in jail and a penalty of P500,000 to P1-million.

“Although mayroon silang mga propagandang sinasabi na may mga pulitiko na gustong pumunta, lumang tugtugin na iyan, “ General Gacal said.

“Ito ang mga tipong alam mo na nga na pwede kang madisgrasya. Ikaw ba naman na isang pulitiko ay aattend ka pa doon? Sinabi (na) ng presidente na ang NPA ay isang terrorist group,” he added.

The DILG has issued a stern warning to all provincial, city and municipal peace and order councils to report and accost local executives dealing with the rebel group.

Authorities warned that any candidate proven guilty of dealing with the NPA rebels will also face disqualification based on Omnibus Election Code. – Marje Pelayo (with reports from Raymond Octubre)

12yo NPA ‘child warrior’, 8 others captured in Bukidnon

Marje Pelayo   •   September 9, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) reported the arrest of nine New People’s Army (NPA) members including a 12 year-old “child warrior” at a forested area in Barangay Mabuhay, San Fernando, Bukidnon on Thursday (September 9).

The arrest followed an encounter with troops of the 4th Infantry (Diamond) Division and members of the CPP-NPA terrorists which also resulted in the killing of four NPA rebels and the seizure of 16 high-powered firearms.

Prior to the encounter, the military received information from residents that a group of NPA rebels had been conducting recruitment and extortion activities in their community.

The elements of 88 Infantry Battalion under the operational control of the 403rd Infantry Brigade of the 4th Infantry (Diamond) Division immediately conducted strike operations to protect the populace in the said area.

Major General Romeo Brawner Jr., Commander of the 4ID, disclosed that the one-hour running gun battle which ensued around 8:00 a.m. Thursday,  initially resulted in the seizure of three AK47 Rifles, four M16 Rifles and one M203 grenade launcher, the killing of four unidentified NPAs, and capture of two others.

The military chased the terrorists after the initial firefight.

Brawner said the troop’s persistence during pursuit operation resulted in the subsequent capture of another seven NPAs including the 12-year-old child.

Another set of high-powered firearms composed of two AK47 rifles, three M16 rifles, one M14 rifle, and two M653 rifles were seized.

Brawner confirmed that the pursuit operations are still ongoing.

 

PNP begins manhunt ops for NPA rebels behind killing of 3 Masbate vendors

Aileen Cerrudo   •   August 17, 2021

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has begun the manhunt operations against members of the New People’s Army linked to the killing of three vendors in Palanas, Masbate.

PNP Chief Police General Guillermo Lorenzo Eleazar said he has directed the local police to work closely with the military to ensure that the communist rebels are arrested and brought to justice.

“We will closely coordinate our manhunt operations with the military and intensify our presence in the area to ensure the safety of other innocent civilians that the communist rebels may target for attacks,” he said.

The victims: Jose Lalaguna, 51; Joey Lalaguna, 30; and Jestoni Lalaguna, 22, were on their motorcycles last August 14 in Barangay Miabas to sell mirrors, floormats, and speakers when they were flagged down by at least 20 suspected NPA rebels.

Reports said the communist rebels dragged the three vendors to a secluded place where they were killed. The victims’ two other companions were able to escape and report to authorities.

Meanwhile, the PNP Chief also urged residents to immediately report to authorities if they have information on the presence of NPA rebels in their community so that government security forces can thwart possible attacks. AAC

 

JTF Bicolandia condemns terrorist group for killing of vendors in Masbate

Aileen Cerrudo   •   August 17, 2021

The Joint Task Force (JTF) Bicolandia condemned the Communist terrorist group (CTG) for perpetrating the killing of three vendors in Masbate.

According to the report,  the victims were on their motorcycles together with two others to sell mirrors, floormats, and speakers when they were flagged down by at least 20 heavily armed alleged members of the New People’s Army on August 14.

The report further said that the victims were forcibly body-searched before being dragged to a secluded area where they were executed.

Two of them, on the other hand, managed to escape.

The victims were identified as Jose Lalaguna,51 years old; Joey Lalaguna, 30 years old; and Jestoni Lalaguna, 22 years old.

Lt. Col. Siegfried Felipe Awichen, commander of 2nd Infantry Battalion (2IB), said that they are now in close coordination with the PNP to hunt down the fleeing communist insurgents.

Hindi tayo titigil hangga’t hindi natin nahuhuli at napaparusahan ang mga walang kaluluwang gumawa ng karumal-dumal na krimeng ito (We will not stop until we put those responsible for the killing behind bars),” he said.

Meanwhile, commander of JTF Bicolandia MGen Henry Robinson Jr. rebuked the CTG for its terroristic attack against the civilians.

“These crimes are purely desperate acts to threaten the people using terrorism, but this will not intimidate the Filipino people. We will not allow them to continue their five-decade exploitation and atrocities,” he said. AAC

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.