Authorities seize P7.1-M suspected shabu in Caloocan buy-bust ops

Robie de Guzman   •   June 26, 2019   •   1200

Courtesy : NCRPO

About one kilogram of suspected shabu (cystal meth) with an estimated value of P7.1 million was seized by the police from a teen suspect in a buy-bust operation conducted in Caloocan City on Wednesday morning.

Authorities identified the suspect as 18-year old Jaymark Mercene, alias Mac-Mac/Kapre.

Operatives from the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO), Caloocan City Police and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) conducted the operation around 1 a.m. at a motel in Rizal Avenue in Caloocan.

NCRPO Regional Director Major General Guillermo Eleazar said they launched the operation after receiving confirmation that Mercene was inside the motel.

The buy-bust in Caloocan was a follow-up of a previous anti-drug operation conducted in Parañaque last week.

Eleazar said Mercene was allegedly a trusted accomplice of Edgardo Mongado Jr., who is said to be the head of a criminal gang operating in Metro Manila and nearby towns.

Recovered from Mercene were marked money and bags of shabu wrapped in Chinese tea bags, similar to those seized by authorities in previous anti-drug operations.

“Kami’y naniniwala na kasama ito doon sa batch na ipinasok doon na ngayon ay ating nakukuha. But you can just imagine kung ito ay napakarami na kumalat na sa iba’t ibang lugar natin,” Eleazar said.

The police official said they are now conducting a follow-up operation to trace the connections of the criminal gang.

Mercene will face charges for violating the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act. (with details from Asher Cadapan Jr.)

Two suspects nabbed for selling injectable shabu online

Aileen Cerrudo   •   February 20, 2020

Two men were arrested by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) after they were caught selling illegal drugs in Mandaluyong City on Thursday (February 20).

A member of PDEA posed as a buyer and, after confirming the illegal activity, authorities arrested Mark Kenneth San Juan and Jeffrey Saclao.

Authorities seized 26 syringes of suspected liquid shabu with an estimate of P52,000. They also seized one sachet of suspected shabu worth around P13,600.

According to PDEA Spokesperson Derrick Carreon, the suspects are also selling drugs online based on their social media accounts.

Carreon also said the suspects target the youth using social media. He also warned about the negative effects of using drugs.

“So, maaari po talagang mangyari sa inyo ang mga hindi kanais-nais na mga bagay apart from the fact na it leads to (Bad things can happen to you apart from the fact that it leads to) the spread of several infectious diseases,” he said.

PDEA has taken custody of the two suspects and will face charges for violating the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. —AAC (with reports from Asher Cadapan Jr.)

NCRPO: No more gambling during wakes

Marje Pelayo   •   February 11, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) on Tuesday (February 11) ordered a ban on all forms of gambling in Metro Manila, even during wakes and fiesta celebrations.

“Nag-issue ako ng directive na maski sa patay bawal,” NCRPO director Maj. Gen. Debold Sinas told reporters at Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig City.

The NCRPO Chief added that his directive was already cascaded to local chief executives across the metropolis.

These include any form of numbers game like color games, video karera and ‘sakla’ which gamblers usually set up in wakes.

Sinas added that they received reports that funeral shops allegedly sell or rent out cadavers for fake wakes to set up betting games.

Ang guidance ko pakiusapan muna at pag ayaw ay saka i-raid para hindi nila masabi na wala din kami konsiderasyon (My guidance to the police is to talk to the organizers and if they refuse, they may raid the location so they may not accuse us of being inconsiderate),” Sinas explained.

The NCRPO chief warned to automatically relieve police official in charge once he received reports of gambling in his area of duty.  

“Lantarang saklaan, sabungan, number games, VK pag andyan yan ibig sabihin meron talaga kayong proteksyon (If sakla or card games, derby, number games, video karera is still in practice in your area, that would mean you are a protector),” Sinas warned members of the police.

Such effort by the NCRPO is in support of Philippine National Police Chief DG Archie Gamboa’s ‘no-take policy’ in order to curb illegal gambling in the country.

Other police officials, meanwhile, also expressed similar support to the program.  

“On behalf of the MPD, I would like to pledge to our chief PNP and our regional director to support all their focus program and program trust the “NO TAKE POLICY” and to go against all forms of illegal activities,” assured Manila Police Director PBGen. Bernabe Balba.

“Ang buong SPD under my leadership are fully abide with the full commitment of following the no-take policy of our Chief PNP,” added Southern Police District Acting Director PCol. Emmanuel Peralta.

Sinas, likewise, encouraged the public to capture a video or a photo of any gambling activities in Metro Manila and immediately report the incident to the nearest police authority. MNP (with details from Lea Ylagan)

TAGS   ,

NCRPO to form nCoV response team

Aileen Cerrudo   •   February 4, 2020

The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) has formed their own response team against the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV).

According to NCRPO Director PMGen. Debold Sinas, this team will be the first responders in case they receive reports of a suspected case of 2019-nCoV.

Sinas said they will also implement security measures before anyone can enter Camp Crame.

“Sa mga kampo or offices ang unang tanong sayo ay ‘Galing ka ba sa China or these places?’ So please answer it, baka hindi ka i-entertain, (In our camp or offices, they will ask if you’ve been to China or these places. So please answer it or they might not entertain you),” he said.—AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

(+632) 8920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+632) 8396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+632) 8 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.