MANILA — Justice Sec. Vitaliano Aguirre claims to have received reliable information that there will be a staged ambush on Charlie “Atong” Ang this weekend.
Part of the plan is that he and national security adviser Hermogenes Esperon will be blamed for the staged incident.
“I’m sorry, this “ambush me” will be utilized by a senator to justify his call for a Senate investigation regarding this accusation”, said Department of Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre
Ang has previously accused Aguirre and Esperon of ordering the NBI to “neutralize” him.
But Aguirre said he is open to an investigation and has in fact ordered the NBI to probe the allegation.
Aguirre disclosed that five NBI agents are protecting the gaming operator.
One of the agents, according to Aguirre, was the source of the alleged information that he ordered a hit on Ang.
“NBI insiders provided me information who are protecting atong Ang even before. I ordered them investigated, but i already have their names”, he said.
Aguirre said Ang is just desperate and only wants to hit back on them after authorities raided his illegal gambling operations in Tuguegarao city and in three other municipalities in Cagayan.
“That’s a huge blow to him because, from what I know, he gets P10 million to P50 million. So how could you not be worried [about it]? ”, said Department of Justice, Sec. Vitaliano Aguirre — UNTV News & Rescue
The Philippine National Police (PNP) said they would conduct an investigation to determine the motive behind the ambush of Mayor Raul Palino of Teresa, Rizal on Monday (June 16).
According to PNP CALABARZON Regional Director PBGen. Vicente Danao Jr., armed suspects ambushed the vehicle boarded by Mayor Palino along E. Rodriguez Avenue, Barangay Poblacion in Teresa, Rizal. Palino was with his driver and bodyguard.
Danao said the mayor survived the ambush but his driver, Joel Balajadia, and security, Ruel Santos, were injured and are in the hospital.
The PNP regional officer said they are looking into business rivalry or politics as some of the possible motives for the said attack.
“Kasi may mga lumalabas na may mga business rivalry, it could be politics, or baka, it could be any activity na hindi nagustuhan ng iba (There is a potential business rivalry, it could be politics, or maybe it could be any activity that others might not have liked),” he said.
The are also verifying if Mayor Palino is listed on the narcolist of President Rodrigo Duterte. Based on the President’s narcolist posted on the website of the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO), Mayor Palino’s name is listed. However, Danao said they have not received any reports of any illegal drug activity involving the mayor.
“Beni-verify pa namin kung gaano katotoo iyang information na iyan, pero as of now wala naman siguro, kasi wala naman tayong namo-monitor na activity niya about drugs (We are verifying the accuracy of that information but as of now, there is none because we have not monitored any activity linking him to drugs),” he said.
He also added that they are looking at two possible suspects who may not even be hired killers. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)
LAGUNA, Philippines — Four individuals in Barangay Prinza, Calauan are facing multiple charges after being caught playing ‘mahjong,’ a classic gambling game originally from China, using the money they received from the government’s Social Amelioration Program (SAP) cash assistance.
The Calauan Police identified the four as farmers Aldrien Platero and Michael Patriarca; Magdalena Patriarca, a vendor; and Rinia Marlveda, a tricycle driver.
Authorities seized from the suspects mahjong tiles and P300 cash which they used as a bet.
“Pati po ang ating mga 4Ps, mino-monitor po natin kung talaga po bang ang ayuda na galing sa gobyerno ay ginagamit nila sa tama (We are monitoring our 4Ps [beneficiaries] if they really are using the government cash aid properly),” explained Police Major Julius Rebanal.
“Nakalulungkot na dapat gamitin nila sa pambili ng pagkain, mga pangangailangan, ay sa pagsusugal lang po napupunta (It’s just so sad that instead of using the money to buy food and essential needs, they just spend it on gambling),” he added.
The suspects are facing charges for violating the Anti-Gambling Law and non-cooperation during a public health emergency under Republic Act 11332. MNP (with details from Sherwin Culubong)
MANILA, Philippines – Actress Kim Chiu assured she is safe, but admittedly shaken, after unidentified gunmen fired at her van in Quezon City Wednesday.
On her Instagram page, Chui said she and her companions were not hurt after two motorcycle riding assailants shot at her van at least seven times at the corner of Katipunan and CP Garcia Avenues in Diliman around 6 a.m.
“Yes, I am safe po. I’m okay and my P.A. (personal assistant) and my driver as well. Papa Jesus protected us,” she said.
A police report based on the account of Chiu’s driver, Wilfredo Taperla said he heard gunshots when he temporarily stopped the vehicle at a corner of CP Garcia Avenue. He added that he saw two gunmen aboard a motorcycle but he was not aware that they were the ones being shot at.
MMDA traffic law enforcer Johnson Pangilinan, who witnessed the attack, described how the helmet-wearing gunmen fired at the actress’ vehicle before fleeing towards the direction of Barangay Old Balara in Quezon City.
“Pagka-hinto ng sasakyan ni Kim Chiu, gumilid, nagpaputok ng limang beses. Tapos, pagkapaputok ng limang beses, arangkada, hinto, paputok ulit ng tatlong beses,” he said.
Chiu’s assistant, Mayrin Nasara, said she was also shocked when she saw one of their vehicle’s side mirror shattered during the incident.
“Kasi pagtingin ko kay kuya (Taperla) sa salamin na bandang side niya, nabasag na y’ong salamin. Nagulat ako talaga. Tapos si Ate (Chui) naman, tinanong niya sa akin, ‘Ano ba ang nangyari?’” she said.
The 29-year old actress said she was on her way to a taping when she decided to take a nap instead of reading a script. She said she was awakened by the sounds of eight gunshots.
One bullet pierced the side window of the van where her head was laying but did not hit her.
The actress believes the incident is a case of mistaken identity as she has no idea on the possible motive behind the attack.
“I don’t have an idea what really happened, mistaken identity? I guess?? Napag-tripan? This is a bad joke,” she said.
“I was so scared. I don’t know what to feel right now. Wala naman akong kaaway or ka atraso. Why me?” she added.
“Kung sino man ang gumawa nito Diyos na ang bahala sa inyo[ng] dalawa at the end of the day iniisip ko na lang walang nasaktan sa amin. God protected us.”
She also thanked all those who are calling and texting to check up on her after the incident.
Authorities said the investigation into the attack is underway. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Asher Cadapan Jr.)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.