Anti-Botcha: Mayor Isko orders intensified meat inspections in Manila
Robie de Guzman • August 22, 2019 • 1222
MANILA, Philippines – Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso on Thursday ordered the conduct of intensified inspection in public markets following the seizure of thousands of kilograms of “botcha” or spoiled meat in the capital city since July this year.
Report from the Manila Veterinary Inspection Board presented on Thursday showed that since July 1, around 2,689 kilograms of spoiled beef shanks, pork and chicken meat were seized by authorities from different areas in Manila.
Hot meat are food items that did not pass proper inspection and are deemed unsafe for consumption.
Mayor Isko also ordered concerned local agencies to set up checkpoints in the entry and exit points of Manila Harbor to prevent the entry of spoiled meat to the city.
He also urged the public to be cautious and observant when buying meat products.
Domagoso also called on meat vendors to join in the city government’s campaign against botcha and to make sure to only sold food products from accredited meat establishments. (RRD with details from Harlene Delgado)
In just a little over a week, the 60-day period that the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) has set for the local chief executives to clean the streets of Metro Manila will come to an end.
But Manila mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso has admitted that they have a long way to go to completely clean the streets of the almost 900 barangays in the city.
“I’m not doing it for my fellow mayors, I’m doing it for the people of Manila,” he said.
Mayor Isko, however, stated that he is happy with the accomplishments of other cities in Metro Manila that have completed clearing their streets of obstructions.
“I’m happy for them but this is not a competition among mayors,” he added.
The DILG, however, that no Metro Manila cities had been 100% compliant in clearing the streets.
Moreno admitted that several areas in Manila, such as Quiapo and Tondo, remain a big problem for him.
But he assured that he will not waver from his resolve.
“Whether mameet namin o hindi naman namin mameet, it doesn’t matter because we will continue.”
Moreno pointed to the lack of governance caused the return of the obstructions in some areas in Manila in the past.
The local chief executive, however, warned that he will file charges against the barangay officials who will fail to accomplish their tasks and submit the inventories of their areas of concern. (from the report of Harlene Delgado) /mbmf
MANILA, Philippines – Mayor Isko Moreno Domagoso has warned malls and commercial establishments across the city not to sell stolen cellular phones.
This, after about 148 units of alleged stolen phones were confiscated by the Manila Police District – Special Mayor’s Reaction Team at two known malls in the city.
The Mayor presented before the media on Monday (September 16) five suspects who were arrested in the act of buying and selling alleged second hand but stolen cellphones.
Domagoso said such an act is a violation of Presidential Decree No. 1612 or the Anti-Fencing Law.
“Tigilan ninyo na ang pagtitinda ng mga nakaw na bagay (Stop selling stolen items),” he warned.
“Huwag ninyong sasabihin sa amin na hindi ninyo alam (Don’t tell us that you are not aware of it),” he added.
The official has given the management of Tutuban Center Mall and Isetann Recto Mall three days to check on stall owners and seek legal permits for the used items they are selling.
Otherwise, they will be asked to close down, Domagoso warned.
Earlier, the management of Tutuban Center Mall immediately heeded to Domagoso’s order.
He also calls on consumers to stop patronizing stolen items.
He said theft is one of the common problems among minors, such as the case of a teen who was nabbed for snatching cellphones and is now under the custody of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Manila office.
“Ayaw kong may iiyak na namang nanay, may iiyak na namang tatay, dahil nasaksak ‘yung anak niya, namatay ‘yung anak niya dahil inagawan ng cellphone (I don’t want to hear another mother or father grieving for their child who died because someone snatched their cellphone),” the Mayor noted.
The Manila Police has launched a manhunt for alias “Bebeng” who is said to be the receiver or seller of the snatched mobile phones.
Meanwhile, Domagoso has ordered the city’s Business Permits and Licensing Office to inspect all malls across Manila to determine and report those who sell snatched mobile phones. – MNP (with details from Harlene Delgado)
DIZON’S FARMS FRESH HABIT COMLD PRESSED JUICE – JUST BEAT IT
LEMON GRASS ICED TEA
The FDA has warned establishments against selling these products.
“All concerned establishments are warned not to distribute violative food products until they have been issued the appropriate authorization, a License to Operate (LTO) for the establishment, and a CPR for the food products,” according to the FDA.
They also advised the public to always check if a food product or food supplement is registered with the FDA through their website (www.fda.gov.ph).—AAC
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.