Albayalde: 7 ‘ninja cops’ mentioned by PDEA under PNP watch list

Aileen Cerrudo   •   September 23, 2019   •   1443

PNP Chief PGen. Oscar Albayalde

Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Oscar Albayalde confirmed on Monday (September 23) that the seven ‘ninja cops’ mentioned by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) are already under the PNP watch list.

PDEA Director General Aaron Aquino previously reported that these seven ninja cops are still in active service and are allegedly recycling recovered or confiscated illegal drugs.

PDEA: 7 active ninja cops recycle illegal drugs; ‘drug queen’ in Manila holds govt position

According to Albayalde, these seven cops are among the 87 ninja cops who are allegedly involved in illegal drugs.

“All of these policemen are under strict monitoring. Mayroon kaming IMEG dito (We have IMEG here). That’s the very reason kung bakit tayo nagtayo ng (why we have) Integrity Monitoring and Enforcement Group — to monitor these people,” he said.

Meanwhile, the PNP chief also responded to rumors about his involvement in the recycling of illegal drugs.

“Let us not make a mistake, not just for the perception of one person. Kung uso ang recycling sa droga, uso din iyong recycling ng perception (if recycling of drugs is still happening, so is recycling of perception),” Albayalde said.

READ: Ex-CIDG chief Magalong squeals on top ranking police official involved in illegal drugs

Albayalde was pertaining to the action of Senator Richard Gordon at a Senate press conference, where he motioned with four fingers when asked about the rank of police officials involved in the recycling of illegal drugs.
—AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Solons probe on missing P20M reward money in Batocabe slay case

Marje Pelayo   •   November 21, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – When AKO Bicol Party-list Rep. Rodel Batocabe and his police escort PO3 Rolando Diaz were murdered on December 22, 2018, President Rodrigo Duterte offered P20 million reward for the capture of the assailants.

In addition, Batocabe’s colleagues in the House of Representatives (HOR) collectively gave P13 million, while the Albay Provincial Government sent out P2 million, making the overall amount of cash bounty to P35 million pesos.

But during the inquiry of the House Committee on Public Accounts on Wednesday (November 20), PNP-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group Dir. P/BGen. Joel Coronel revealed that only P13M from the said amount were handed to the CIDG and the Intelligence Group which they distributed to credible witnesses in the crime.

From the said amount, P6M was given to witness Emmanuel Judavar and to seven other witnesses who requested anonymity.

Two of them received P2M each, another two received P1M each, one witness received P500,000, and another two witnesses received P250,000 each.

But the CIDG couldn’t present a breakdown of the distribution of the P20M cash reward that the President provided.

Coronel said the money, which they believed was received by then PNP Chief now-retired General Oscar Albayalde, was not turned over to them.

“The records of the distribution and liquidation of which were submitted directly to the Office of the President and I do not have the record, it did not pass through the CIDG,” explained Coronel when asked by Senator Koko Pimentel as to what happened to the reward money.

Pimentel argued that the said amount must be liquidated because it came from the Office of the President, therefore, it is ‘tax money.’

In response to a text message from UNTV, Albayalde sternly denied that he accepted the missing reward money.

“Lahat iyan na kay CIDG at IG. Wala akong hinawakan na reward money! Huwag nilang hanapin sa akin yan! (They are with CIDG and IG. I did not accept any reward money! They shouldn’t ask me that),” he said in a text message.

AKO Bicol Party-list Rep. Alfredo Garbin Jr. did not buy CIDG’s argument thus he said he is determined to push through with the investigation.

“We have a second hearing wherein former Chief PNP will be invited at ang tatlo pang (and the three other) witnesses na nakatanggap ng (who also received cash) bounty, at ang PD ng (as well as the Police Director of) Albay, Col Asueta to shed light on the P2-million,” Garbin said.

“Three suspects din sila (They are considered three of the suspects) and we have to confirm on them kung magkano talaga ang kanilang na-receive (how much they really received),” he added.

During the inquiry earlier today (November 21), lawmakers agreed that General Albayalde should also be subpoenaed and be cited in contempt should he refused to appear in the next hearing.

The recent retraction of the three suspects favoring former Daraga Albay Mayor Carlwyn Baldo dismayed the late Batocabe’s son Atty. Justin Batocabe.

The younger Batocabe suspected that money is working behind their backs.

“Iyan na nga po ang nakakabahala dyan. Nasulot (That’s what I was expecting. They were swayed to pull back),” he said.

“Ang balita sa akin ay nabayaran daw para bumaliktad at tinakot and at the same time binigyan ng abogado (I was informed that they were bribed to retract their statements and they were even provided with lawyers),” he said referring to the suspects. – MNP (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

PNP targets zero casualties in the upcoming 2019 SEA Games

Aileen Cerrudo   •   November 21, 2019

The Philippine National Police (PNP) targets zero casualties in the upcoming 2019 Southeast Asian (SEA) Games from November 30 to December 11.

Over 17,000 security personnel from various government agencies will be deployed during the event.

During the send-off ceremony in Camp Bagong Diwa on Thursday (November 21), PNP officer-in-charge Lt. Gen. Archie Gamboa said in a press briefing that they have not monitored any threat for the SEA Games.

“Imminent [threat]? None. But the evaluation continues. We do not stop evaluating,” he said.

The task force created for the SEA Games includes the PNP, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Office of the Civil Defense, local government units (LGUs), and other government agencies.

Meanwhile, SEA Games Task Group Commander PBGen. Lyndon Lawas said they are coordinating with the Department Education (DepEd) for the suspension of classes in Metro Manila.

The deployment will begin on November 25 following the implementation of ‘full alert’ status in Metro Manila.

“We would like to minimize the effect of the travel of the delegates to and from the different destinations, from the billet area to the game sites,” he said.

There will be 530 events from 56 sports in the SEA Games where over 9,000 athletes will compete for the gold.—AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

All PNP camps, offices declared ‘no vape zone’

Aileen Cerrudo   •   November 20, 2019

All camps and offices of the Philippine National Police (PNP) will be a ‘no vape zone’, according to PNP officer-in-charge (OIC) Lt. Gen. Archie Gamboa.

“All PNP camps and offices are declared ‘no vape zone’,” he said in a statement on Wednesday (November 20). Gamboa also directed policemen to refrain from vaping in public.

The PNP OIC also said they will begin enforcing the directive of President Rodrigo Duterte to ban vaping in public spaces.

PNP Spokesperson Bernard Banac also said, Gamboa already directed the PNP to enforce the ban and arrest those who are caught vaping in public.

“Effective today ang agarang pagbabawal sa paggamit ng vapes o e-cigarettes at ang pagtiyak na ang paggamit nito in public ay maaaresto (The ban on the use of vapes or e-cigarettes will be effective today and individuals caught using it in public will be arrested),” according to Banac.

However, for cities with no ordinance, apprehended individuals will have their names listed. They will just be reprimanded and will be sent home.

Banac also said that the PNP will coordinate with local government units (LGUs), vape manufacturers and sellers regarding the said ban.—AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

(+632) 8920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+632) 8396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+632) 8 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.