Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Age, health of Imelda Marcos to be considered in her arrest — PNP

by admin   |   Posted on Monday, November 12th, 2018

 

IMAGE_UNTV_NEWS_083117_imelda marcos

FILE PHOTO: Imelda Marcos

QUEZON CITY, Philippines — The Philippine National Police (PNP) Custodial Center is prepared in case the court decides to place former first lady Imelda Marcos under PNP’s custody.

However, PNP chief PDG Oscar Albayalde said they have not been notified yet for advance coordination with the court regarding the release of the arrest warrant against Marcos.

Albayalde added that in consideration of Marcos’ age and health condition, they have not ordered personnel of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) to wait at the gates of Congress like in the case of Senator Antonio Trillanes.

Nevertheless, the PNP Chief has directed the CIDG director to lead the arrest upon release of the warrant.

At present, Marcos is facing minimum of 6 years in prison and perpetual disqualification from holding public office after the Sandiganbayan found her guilty on seven counts of graft.

However, the former first lady may still post bail for her provisional liberty as graft is a bailable case. — Lea Ylagan

Tags: , , , ,

RTC issues search warrant vs Kapa-Community Ministry International

by Aileen Cerrudo   |   Posted on Tuesday, June 11th, 2019

The Regional Trial Court (RTC) has issued a search warrant against the Kapa-Community Ministry International in Tagum City.

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) went to the office of the Kapa-Community Ministry International.

Authorities knocked several times, however, no one responded. The NBI then seized ID’s, logbooks, and other items in the office.

The police, meanwhile, continues to monitor other investment schemes in the Davao region.

“Na-monitor namin is around 39. Iyong 14 is allegedly nag-close upon monitoring namin that time ay bumalik dahil naka-secure daw sila ng permit, (We monitored 39 [investment schemes]. Fourteen already closed upon our monitoring that time. They went back because they said they havde already secured their permit)” according to Police Regional Office XI Spokesperson PMaj. Jason Baria.

President Rodrigo Duterte himself has ordered the shutdown of the Kapa-Community Ministry International and other investment schemes in Mindanao.

“There have been numerous complaints with the president, in fact, me too, I have been receiving complaints about certain people there that may have prompted the president from ordering,” according to Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo.

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) had previously issued a cease and desist order against the religious firm but Kapa did not respond.(with reports from Janice Ingente)

Tags: , , , , ,

PNP to conduct action if Erwin Tulfo fails to surrender expired firearms

by Aileen Cerrudo   |   Posted on Monday, June 10th, 2019

The Philippine National Police (PNP) will be forced to conduct police action against radio broadcaster Erwin Tulfo if he fails to surrender expired firearms.

According to PNP Chief PGen. Oscar Albayalde Erwin’s firearms licenses have already expired since March.

The official also clarified that all expired License to Own and Possess Firearm (LTOPF) needs to be renewed or surrendered.

“As an SOP [Standard Operating Procedure], lahat ng expired hindi lang kay Mr. Tulfo, sa lahat na nag-expire ang LTOPF we remind them to una, renew or surrender all their firearms because once your LTOPF is expired automatic iyong revocation ng mga licenses mo (As an SOP, all expired [firearms], not just Tulfo’s, we remind them to renew their license or surrender all their firearms because one your LTOPF is expired your license will automatically be revoked),” he said.

Meanwhile, PNP Firearms and Explosives Office Director PGen. Val de Leon said they already sent a letter to Tulfo for him to surrender his firearms but he still hasn’t responded.

De Leon also reiterated that Tulfo could have renewed his license even during the election period.

“Wala pa kaming na-monitor na sinurrender na niya ito. We intend to reiterate our effort at tulad ng sabi ng ating Chief PNP, we will be forced to take police actions kung hindi pa niya na-surrender (We haven’t monitored that he already surrendered it. And like what our Chief PNP said, we will be forced to take police actions if he still has not surrendered them),” he said.

Tulfo has not responded on the issue because he is still abroad.

Meanwhile, the Tulfo brothers may now re-apply for police escorts but Albayalde said there is no assurance it will be approved.(with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Tags: , ,

Palace to block any move to prevent sale of Marcos’ jewelry

by Robie de Guzman   |   Posted on Monday, June 3rd, 2019

Imelda Marcos | Courtesy : PVI-Press by Rodel Acuvera Lumiares

MANILA, Philippines – Malacañang on Monday vowed to block any possible attempt to prevent the public auction of Marcos’ Jewelry from pushing through.

Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo made the remark after President Rodrigo Duterte last week greenlighted the auction of former first lady and now outgoing Ilocos Norte Representative Imelda Marcos’ jewelry to benefit Filipinos “who are in urgent need of government aid.”

“If they do then, we will oppose it. Because it’s the right thing to do. We feel that as the president says, the proceeds have to go to the Filipino people who are in urgent need of the government aid,” he said.

“As far as we are concerned, these properties have been declared to be ill-gotten, that’s why precisely it has to be sold. If that was the court decision then we have to abide by it,” he added.

The P704.8-million jewelries, known as the Hawaii collection, of the former first lady were seized by the government when the Marcos family fled to Honolulu, Hawaii in February 1986 after a people power revolution toppled former president Ferdinand Marcos from power.

The jewelry collection, consisting of diamond and gem studded tiaras, bracelets, and necklaces, have been stored in a vault at the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. The Presidential Commission on Good Government has been pushing to sell the jewelry collection.

Panelo said the collection will be up for a public auction and that members of the Marcos family may submit their own bids.

“I do not know any law prohibiting any person from bidding, if you are qualified,” he said.

“Everybody is free to bid… unless there are requirements for a qualification na gagawin nung auctioneer, kung meron e you will have to pass through the qualification,” he added.

The said pieces of jewelry were part of the more than P1 billion worth of assets confiscated from the Marcoses and their cronies that the PCGG has yet to disposed of. (with details from Rosalie Coz)

Tags: , , , ,