Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

AFP receives P6M financial assistance from Songs for Heroes 3 concert

by admin   |   Posted on Wednesday, December 6th, 2017

MANILA, Philippines — After the successful Songs for Heroes 3 concert last 0ctober 31, the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) has received the six-million-peso financial assistance from the proceeds of the event.

This is for the families of soldiers who were killed and wounded in the fight in Marawi City.

Mr. Public Service Kuya Daniel Razon personally handed over the check to AFP officials led by Chief of Staff Rey Leonardo Guerrero.

AFP, meanwhile, thanked UNTV for the help that boosts their fighting spirit.

“Ito ay malaki ang maitutulong. Hindi lang para sa pag-recover nila from their injuries, and of course, to assuage iyong mga feelings ng ating mga widows, iyong mga naiwan nila, especially sa mga killed-in-action soldiers natin. Ito’y talagang makakapagpaangat ng kanilang mga morale ng ating mga sundalo knowing na may mga grupo na katulad ng grupo ng UNTV na sumusuporta sa kanila sa kanilang mga challenges at mga hamon na hinaharap sa pangaraw-araw nilang gawain,” said the official.

(This is a big help not only in recovering from their injuries and of course to assuage the apprehensions of our widows and all those they left especially the killed-in-action soldiers. This will boost our soldiers’ morale knowing that there are groups like UNTV that support them as they face everyday challenges.)

Kuya Daniel, meanwhile, assures UNTV’s continuous help and support to the AFP.

“Nasa Songs for Heroes 3 na po kami. We intend to continue with that even with or without any Marawi incidents. Thank you for allowing us also to be part po kasi it’s our honor also and our pleasure na one way or the other, kung ano iyong ma-share man lang namin when we face our Creator, we can say that at least we tried also our best to reach out to help,” said Kuya Daniel Razon.

(We are now on Songs for Heroes 3. We intend to continue with that even with or without any Marawi incidents. Thank you for allowing us also to be a part. Because it’s our honor also and our pleasure that one way or the other, we can share whatever we can so when we face our creator, we can say that at least we tried also our best to reach out to help.)

The P6-million financial assistance is apart from the P8.3-million donated by Bro. Eli Soriano of Members Church of God International (MCGI) to the families of soldiers and policemen who fought in the war in Marawi.

Last week, Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa has also received the two million peso assistance from the proceeds of the benefit concert. — Leslie Longboen | UNTV News and Rescue

 

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

PNP to deploy 14,000 cops for SONA

by Aileen Cerrudo   |   Posted on Tuesday, July 16th, 2019

Courtesy: PNP

The Philippine National Police (PNP) will deploy over 14,000 cops for President Rodrigo Duterte’s State of the Nation Address (SONA) on July 22.

Among the 14,000 cops, 8,500 of them will be deployed in Quezon City, while the rest will be deployed in the rest of Metro Manila.

According to National Capital Region Police Office Director PMGen. Guillermo Eleazar, they have not monitored any threat in the security during SONA. He said they would no longer need to deploy container vans or barbed wires.

“Noong mag-start tayo three years ago ay walang mga container van, walang barbed wire kung ano man iyong napagkasunduan sa pag-uusap ay iyon ang susundin (When we started three years ago, we did not have any container van or barbed wire. We follow what was discussed),” he said.

Eleazar also said the pro and anti-Duterte rallyists already agreed on where they will set up during the program.

He also advises the rallyists not to wear jackets and backpacks for security precautions.

“We are discouraging them from bringing bags and jackets,” said Eleazar.—AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Tags: , , , ,

Report ranking PH as 4th most dangerous place in the world for civilians, ‘baseless’ – PNP

by Marje Pelayo   |   Posted on Monday, July 15th, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Monday (July 15) refused to accept the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data (ACLED) project ranking the Philippines as the fourth most dangerous place in the world for civilians.

Such report was based on alleged violence and extrajudicial killings in relation to the Duterte government’s war on drugs that the project claimed as rampant in the country .

According to PNP Chief Police General Oscar Albayalde, perhaps Filipinos who are critical of the Duterte administration are working to destroy the image of the Philippines and make it appear to the international community that violence is rampant in the country.

In fact, Albayalde said the Philippines is on top of the list among countries in the world safe to live in and for doing business.

“I don’t know how they were be able to say that what’s their basis for saying that,” the PNP Chief said.

According to the 2019 world’s best countries to invest in or do business by CEOWORLD magazine, the Philippines ranked third after Malaysia (1st) and Poland (2nd), even better than Indonesia (4th), Australia (5th) and Singapore (6th). – with details from Lea Ylagan

Tags: , , ,

Authorities arrest no. 2 most wanted carnapper in Camarines Sur

by Aileen Cerrudo   |   Posted on Wednesday, July 10th, 2019

Camarines Sur ‘s no. 2 most wanted carnapper, Edwin Argamosa

The Philippine National Police Highway Patrol Group (PNP-HPG) has arrested the no. 2 most wanted carnapper in Camarines Sur.

Authorities arrested Edwin Argamosa, through a warrant of arrest, on Tuesday (July 9) in Laguna.

According to the PNP-HPG, Argamosa has been in hiding for three years after stealing an elf truck that he was supposed to fix in 2016.

Argamosa had been moving to different places in Laguna which made him difficult to track by authorities until he was found in Barangay Mojon, Liliw, Laguna.

“Matagal namin siyang sinusubaybayan, sinundan namin iyong kaniyang anak papunta sa school at sa paguwi niya nalaman namin iyong kaniyang ibang bahay pa na inuuwian sa Laguna, (We have been monitoring him for quite some time. We followed his child from school and we found their home in Laguna)” according to Laguna HPG Chief PCapt. Ernesto Esguerra

The court allowed the suspect to file a bail amounting to P180,000. Argamosa is currently of the HPG in Sta. Cruz, Laguna.—AAC (with reports from Sherwin Culubong)

Tags: , , ,