AFP extends clearing ops in affected areas of all-out offensive vs. BIFF

admin   •   March 5, 2015   •   3666

Armed Forces of the Philippines Chief of Staff General Gregorio Pio Catapang Jr. (UNTV News)

MANILA, Philippines – Datu Salibo, Pagatin, Mamasapano and Shariff Aguak – these are the areas in Maguindanao dubbed by the Philippine Army as the ‘SPMS Box’ where the camps of the 300 members of BIFF were once located.

Since the all-out offensive operations against the terrorist group BIFF was declared by Armed Forces of the Philippines Chief of Staff General Gregorio Pio Catapang Jr., a camp with a factory for bomb-making was seized.

There, the BIFF also suffered about 50 casualties.

To ensure that the residents surrounding these areas can go back home safe, the AFP extended it’s clearing operations to 3 more days.

The military’s all-out offensive law enforcement operation against BIFF was triggered last week by senseless attacks to the group led by a certain Commander Kagi Karialan in different communities of Pikit, North Cotabato.

There were also violent clashes between the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) and BIFF due to “rido” or clan war in Pagalungan, Maguindanao.

About 25,000 residents evacuated as an aftermath.

According to the newly appointed spokesperson of the AFP Brigadier General Joselito Kakilala, AFP has extended its clearing operations for another three days in the SPMS Box and other surrounding areas.

“General Catapang has extended the conduct of clearing operations for another three days after which we will conduct detailed assessment for our future actions,” Kakilala said.

Once the military gets rid of the armed bandits and terrorists from the affected areas, it will facilitate the safe return of the civilians back to their homes.

Kakilala also said that the MILF has supported the military’s ongoing operations and they have voluntarily relocated to stay away from the affected areas.

The AFP is confident that after declaring an all-out offensive operation against the terrorist groups, these groups will be reduced to an insignificant force and their capability to perform terror activities in Mindanao will eventually be degraded, in three to six months time. (Joan Nano / UNTV News)

Over 280 local terrorists killed in military ops from January to June 2021 – WestMinCom

Robie de Guzman   •   July 8, 2021

The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Western Mindanao Command (WestMinCom) on Thursday reported that it has attained “substantial gains” in the campaign against terrorism and lawlessness in its area of operation in the first semester of the year.

During the assessment and command conference held in Camp Navarro, Zamboanga City on July 7, the WestMinCom presented a summary report of its campaign against local terrorist groups covering the period from January to June 2021.

The command said that during this period, it has neutralized a total of 114 Abu Sayyaf Group members and seized 72 firearms.

WestMinCom also said that 104 members of the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) were killed, including high-value targets. A total of 77 firearms were seized from the group.

On the campaign against the communist terrorist group, the command said it has neutralized a total of 64 members and seized 69 firearms.

“Overall, through the sustained efforts of the command and the neutralization of its key leaders, the manpower and capabilities of the terrorist groups have totally degraded,” the WestMinCom said.

Meanwhile, on the campaign against the proliferation of loose firearms, the WestMincom said that a total of 305 high-powered and 101 low-powered firearms were voluntarily turned over to the different units of the command.

The Western Mindanao Command also improved its civil-military operations to incorporate the whole-of-nation approach in its campaign.

The platform of Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (TF-ELCAC) and Task Force to End Local Armed Conflict is likewise maximized, particularly in delivering basic services to the target communities, it added.

“Our accomplishments have proven our fellow countrymen that we are doing our job right,” WestMinCom Commander Lt. Gen. Corleto Vinluan, Jr. said in a statement.

“For this, I commend each and every soldier, sailor, airmen, and marines for your contributions in our goal to attain peace, security, and development in our areas of operation,” he added.

4 BIFF extremists killed in Maguindanao military ops

Aileen Cerrudo   •   May 12, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Four members of the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) —Karialan faction were killed during a military operation in Datu Paglas, Maguindanao on Wednesday (May 12).

Brigadier General Roy Galido, commander of 601st Infantry Brigade, confirmed that they were in pursuit of the BIFF group—Karialan faction following a clash with military forces near the public market of the said town last Saturday, May 8.

The BIFF group tried to evade security forces during the intensified manhunt operations of military and police. Accordingly, the operating troops recovered 4 dead bodies belonging to the extremist group, one high powered firearm, and other war materials.

The clash came after the visit of President Rodrigo Duterte inside the headquarters of the 6th Infantry Division in Awang, Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao on May 11.

Major General Juvymax Uy, Commander of the Joint Task Force Central and 6th Infantry Division, applauded the efforts of the operating troops against the BIFF.

“Your efforts is a manifestation of your commitment to serve the Filipino people,” Maj. Gen. Uy said. He further stressed that the JTF Central and 6ID will continue its intensified operation against the said groups to prevent them from hurting the civilian populace and destroying infrastructures,” he said. AAC

Duterte asks BARMM officials to help gov’t deal with BIFF, terrorist groups

Robie de Guzman   •   May 12, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte has appealed to leaders of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) to help the national government deal with the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters and other terrorist groups to prevent an “all-out offensive” against the militants.

Duterte made the appeal during his meeting with BARMM officials, police and military commanders in 6th Infantry Division (6ID) at Camp Brigadier General Gonzalo Siongco in Datu Odin, Sinsuat, Maguindanao on Tuesday.

“Nagmamakaawa ako sa inyo, tulungan ninyo ako. Because otherwise, if I give the order for an all-out offensive, it will be bloody and it will be sad,” he said.

The president also asked Bangsamoro authorities to refuse terrorist groups seeking sanctuary in their communities to stop any violence and prevent him from using force.

“This cannot go on. Kung hindi ko mapigilan and there will be an all-out offensive, yan na ang problema. If I give the order, I will no longer withdraw it,” he said.

Duterte visited Maguindanao following the clash between soldiers and some BIFF members last Saturday.

Around 20 BIFF members occupied the Datu Paglas public market but state security forces drove them away before they could attack civilian residents.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.