Acierto releases matrix showing Michael Yang’s links to drug trade
by Robie de Guzman | Posted on Tuesday, March 26th, 2019
MANILA, Philippines – Dismissed Police Colonel Eduardo Acierto on Tuesday (March 26) released his own matrix showing the alleged links of Presidential Economic Adviser Michael Yang and Chinese businessman Allan Lim to the narcotics trade.
Based on Acierto’s drug matrix obtained by the UNTV News and Rescue, Yang and Lim are both linked to the Johnson Chua drug syndicate allegedly operating in the Philippines.
The drug cartel is said to be headed by a Chinese national named Johnson Co alias Johnson Chua who is based in Mainland, China. He was last spotted in Hong Kong and Macau.
Co, based on Acierto’s drug matrix, has Chinese business partners who own warehouses in the cities of Cagayan de Oro and General Santos in Mindanao.
They are Yang, who was called the “Dragon,” and Lim, who allegedly facilitated the entry of illegal drugs into the Philippines for P50,000 a kilo, in connivance with an unnamed Bureau of Customs official.
Acierto said Lim operated the clandestine drug laboratory in Cavite which was raided by operatives in the previous year. He was charged but was able to walk free due to case technicalities.
Lim was also the alleged operator of clandestine drug laboratories in Bunawan and Dumoy in Davao City which were stormed by authorities in December 2004.
Acierto said Yang worked on the issuance of shipping requirements for the entry of illegal drugs found in a warehouse in Cagayan de Oro which were allegedly supplied by Co.
Acierto said this information was contained in the intelligence report he submitted to his superiors in the Philippine National Police (PNP), Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) and President Rodrigo Duterte.
The dismissed cop earlier claimed Duterte and his superiors, including PNP Chief General Oscar Albayalde, ignored the report and blocked further investigation into Yang’s drug links.
But Albayalde said he could not recall receiving any report from Acierto since he assumed the post. His predecessor, Gen. Ronald ‘Bato’ dela Rosa, also did not turn over any document related to Acierto’s claims.
“Since I assumed office as CPNP on April 2018, I did not receive any copy, any of an alleged report that identified Presidential Adviser Michael Yang as being involved in illegal drugs or illegal activities,” he said.
Albayalde also earlier questioned Acierto’s credibility, saying the latter should have known that an intelligence report needs to be validated. An operation should also be launched immediately once verified.
The PNP Chief, however, stressed they are prepared to launch an investigation to verify Acierto’s allegations even though Yang and Lim were not included on the list of personalities involved in the narcotics trade.
Albayalde also assured to extend protection coverage to Acierto, who claims to have received death threats.
“We can help him just like any citizen in our country kung merong death threat at kung nakita natin na totoo ‘yung death threat then why not, bakit di natin tulungan? Wala naman tayong pinipili d’yan,” he said. – Robie de Guzman (with details from Lea Ylagan)
by Marje Pelayo | Posted on Wednesday, May 29th, 2019
MANILA, Philippines – A suspected drug pusher with alleged links to a Chinese drug syndicate was nabbed in Barangay Sta. Ana in Pateros on Tuesday evening (May 28).
The suspect, identified as Angelo Reyes, 65, was among the personalities on the police’s drug watchlist.
Police Major General Guillermo Eleazar said Reyes had been under surveillance due to his alleged connection with shabu trade in southern Metro Manila.
“The subject of the buy bust operation is one kilogram of shabu na ang usapan ay P1.5 million (which was priced for P1.5 million),” the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) Regional Director said.
“But initially, dahil sa naging transaksyon ay na-consumate nga dito (But because of the transaction, it was consummated here so) we’re able to confiscate another 500 grams,” he added.
Authorities seized a total of one and a half kilos of shabu with an estimated street value of P10 million.
The NCRPO said Reyes has alleged links to a group of Chinese nationals operating a drug trade in the southern part of Metro Manila and in Laguna.
“Ito rin ang mga nakita na pinaglagyan doon sa ibang operations na malakihang trabaho ng PDEA at ng PNP,” Eleazar explained.
(These are similar containers to those confiscated in big time anti-drug operations of PDEA and the PNP.)
“So, we will be coordinating with PDEA para mabigyan natin sila ng impormasyon na siguradong makakatulong para matunton ‘yung mga koneksyon nitong ating naarestong suspek,” he added.
(So, we will be coordinating with PDEA to brief them of information which may help to track the connections of the arrested suspect.)
Reyes denied using illegal drugs though he admitted that he used to sell drugs to make ends meet.
“Namomorsyento lang kasi ako doon. Hindi naman ako talagang naggagaganoon, (I sell for commissions but I do not use drugs,)” he confessed.
The suspect will face charges for violating Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
by Marje Pelayo | Posted on Monday, May 27th, 2019
QUEZON CITY, Philippines – Three individuals including a security guard were arrested in a drug buy-bust operation in Barangay San Roque, Cubao, Quezon City on Sunday evening (May 26).
According to Police Capt. Ramon Aquiatan Jr., an informant tipped them about the illegal drug operations in the area where 30-year-old Rayan Timan was allegedly a known drug peddler.
He was operating together with two drug surrenders, Roel Viernes alias Balot and Aldyn Ramos who were also arrested in the operation.
“Itong si Timan ang talagang pinaka-source ng dalawa kasi itong si Balot, itong si Roel, ay parang runner niya. Pagka may bumibili doon sa guwardiya, si Balot ang nagtatakbo,” Aquiatan said.
(Timan was the main source [of drugs] while alias Balot or Roel served as his runner. When a customer buys from the guard, Balot handles the transaction.)
Authorities seized about four grams of suspected shabu from the suspects with a street value of P27,000.
The suspects will face charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
Meanwhile, the public is encouraged to report any suspicious activities in their area through the Philippine National Police (PNP) Hotline Number 117. — Marje Pelayo (with details from Asher Cadapan Jr.)
by Marje Pelayo | Posted on Friday, May 24th, 2019
MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine National Police (PNP) did not grant Peter Joemel Advincula alias Bikoy’s request to stay at Camp Crame for security even after he posted bail for his estafa case in Baguio City.
According to PNP Police General Oscar Albayalde, the PNP has no facility for Advincula’s request and there is no reason for him to stay at the PNP Headquarters.
“Not unless of course meron siyang kaso at may utos ang korte na ikulong sya sa custodial facility namin,” Albayalde told reporters on Friday (May 24).
(Not unless, of course, he has a case and the court orders to detain him at our custodial facility.)
“Pero wala po kaming tao kailanman na kinupkop dito at binigyan ng protection dito mismo sa loob ng kampo,” he added.
(We have never allowed anyone to stay and enjoy protection inside the camp.)
The PNP Chief said they also need to validate Advincula’s claim that he is receiving threats to his life.
As for Advincula’s testimonies, the PNP vowed to conduct a thorough investigation not only on his latest allegations but also his previous statements linking President Rodrigo Duterte and family to illegal drugs.
During his press conference on Thursday (May 23), Advincula alias Bikoy named Senator Antonio Trillanes IV and the Liberal Party as the people behind the narco-videos, “Ang Totoong Narcolist”.
It is possible, according to the PNP, for Advincula to become a witness in the investigation.
“Hindi natin inaalis ang posibilidad na kapag ang ebidensya ay matibay at may kasong isasampa at mag-a-apply bilang witness ay di maaalis ang posibilidad na maging witness nga sya,” PNP Spokesperson Police Colonel Bernard Banac said.
(We are not discounting the possibility especially if the evidence and the case are strong, then he applies as witness, he can possibly become a witness.)
“Kasi siya ang nag-a-akusa sa pinangalanan niyang personalidad,” he added.
(Because he is the one who is accusing the personalities he mentioned.)
Even former Chief of Police and now Senator-elect Ronald Bato dela Rosa agreed to a scrutiny on the veracity of alias Bikoy’s statements.
“Hindi ko sinasabi na paniwalaan ninyo si Bikoy kasi ako mismo ay walang credibility ang tao na yan,” Senator-elect Dela Rosa said.
(I am not saying you believe Bikoy because to me, he is not credible.)
“Pero kung ikaw ay mag investigate ng isang kaso wag mong i- lump up lahat ng investigation. (Iyong) pag engage ni Bikoy sa Bucor noon ibang investigation iyon. (Iyong) pag engage ni Bikoy sa paggawa ng video series dapat ibang investigation iyon,” he added.
(But if you were to investigate on one case, you shouldn’t lump up the investigation. Bikoy’s alleged engagement with BuCor (personnel) should be investigated. His engagement in making the video series, that should be a different investigation.)
Meanwhile, Albayalde confirmed on Friday that Advincula was admitted to a hospital due to chest pains and rising blood pressure. – (with details from Lea Ylagan) Marje Pelayo
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.