Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

6 dead in Nueva Ecija family massacre

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Saturday, April 21st, 2018

 

A simple marital spat escalated into the brutal murder of six family members in San Leonardo, Nueva Ecija at early dawn on Friday.

The victims were identified as Abby Caballero, Jennifer Caballero, Leonila Caballero, Joshua Caballero, Serrio Caballero and Sonny Custodio.

Wounded survivor Analyn Caballero, 20, was rushed to Dr. Paulino J. Garcia Memorial Research and Medical Center while two other surviving minors are currently under the custody of the Philippine National Police (PNP) Women’s Desk.

Based on the initial investigation of the authorities the suspect, identified as Jesse Tesoro, hacked to death his live-in partner, Jenifer Caballero, and five other victims at around 4:30 a.m.

According to their neighbors, the family has been renting the house for a month while working as farm laborers.

The authorities are looking into possible motives for the massacre while a manhunt operation for the suspect is underway. — UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , ,

Cops prohibited from drinking in public — DILG

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Wednesday, January 9th, 2019

MANILA, Philippines — Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año has directed the Philippine National Police (PNP) to release an order that prohibits cops from drinking in public places.

Año said this in compliance with President Rodrigo Duterte’s directive prohibiting police officers from drinking in bars, nightclubs and other
public areas.

The secretary said that senior police officials should serve as role models to their colleagues.

He added that the president is correct in saying the public loses respect for the police when they are seen drinking in public.

“Nakakahiya at masagwang makita na may mga pulis na nag-iinuman sa publiko. The job of the police requires the respect of the people, therefore they must do what it takes to gain and maintain public trust,” Año said.

Violators of the new ordinance may face administrative charges. — UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , ,

Piccolo tops list of dangerous firecrackers, causes of injuries

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Thursday, December 27th, 2018

 

MANILA, Philippines —  The Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Department of Health (DOH) remind the public to avoid firecracker disasters in welcoming the new year.

Health Undersecretary Eric Domingo said that they want to reduce the number of firecracker victims this year.

Last year, there were 463 recorded firecracker-related injuries, which was 164 lower than 627 cases in 2016.

“Mag-iingat lang. Ang common kasi yung puputok habang hawak pa or kinabukasan nagkaka-injuries din tayo kasi ang mga bata naman ay mamumulot, titingnan kung alin yung mga hindi pumutok tapos tsaka sila masasabugan. Kung sinindihan natin at ‘di sya sumabog hayaan na natin at wag na natin siyang balikan,” said Domingo.

Piccolo topped the list of the main causes of firecracker injury followed by kwitis and other unidentified firecrackers.

Manila had the highest number of firecracker-related injuries with 116 cases or 47% while Quezon City had 30 or 12%.

Eighteen (18) cases were hand fractures; 80 were eye injuries; and 377 were firecracker burns.

Authorities remind that the banned firecrackers include Watusi, Piccolo, and over sized and loud firecrackers such as Super Lolo, Goodbye Philippines, Giant Whistle Bomb and others.

“We are intensifying our intelligence efforts para as much as possible ay hindi lang yung streets and also the source. Hindi mo kailangang gumawa ng paputok para hulihin ka by mere possession of those phosphorous item are already prohibited and punishable by law,” said PNP FEO Director PCSupt. Val De Leon.

De Leon said that if the public cannot be stopped on firecracker use, authorities recommend the use of approved firecrackers in designated firecracker zones in every barangays. —  Marje Pelayo (with reports from Bernard Dadis)

Tags: , , , , ,

Father of minor in bullying video, not a cop – PNP chief

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Monday, December 24th, 2018

PNP Chief Director General Oscar Albayalde

MANILA, Philippines — The father of the junior high school student bullying his fellow student in a viral video is not a policeman.

This was confirmed by PNP chief Oscar Albayade in reaction to news reports alleging that the minor’s dad is a member of the Philippine National Police.

“May ikinakalat sila na ang ama daw ay pulis. Hindi po totoo na ang father noong bully na iyon ay pulis. I hope someday, that
person, that bully makakatugma din  iyan. Makakatapat din iyan ng mga bully na ganyan,” said Albayalde.

The PNP chief said that they have not received any formal complaints from the families of the bully’s victims.

However, one of victims has already filed a blotter in a police station in Quezon City.

Albayalde ordered the PNP Anti-Cybercrime Group to investigate on how did the bully’s social media accounts has reached to 75. — UNTV News & Rescue

 

 

Tags: ,