5 San Juan cops who allegedly snubbed Baguio health protocols relieved from post – NCRPO

Robie de Guzman   •   June 8, 2020   •   350

MANILA, Philippines – Five policemen from San Juan City who allegedly disregarded the health and safety protocols in Baguio City amid the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic have been ordered relieved from their posts, the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) said on Monday.

NCRPO chief Police Major General Debold Sinas said the five policemen will temporarily stay at the Regional Personnel Holding and Accounting Unit in Camp Bagong Diwa pending investigation into the incident.

Sinas said the cops have been ordered to submit their explanation about the incident in the probe that will be conducted by the regional Internal Affairs Service.

The five cops were part of the entourage of San Juan Mayor Francis Zamora who allegedly snubbed a checkpoint and violated the regulatory mechanism of quarantine check and triage examination at the Naguilian facility last Friday.

Zamora’s convoy also allegedly failed to present a medical health clearance when asked at the Baguio Country Club.

In a separate press briefing, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief General Archie Gamboa said they are also probing whether the said cops violated the protocols in securing an authorization to escort a VIP as only two police officers are allowed to be assigned as permanent VIP security.

“National kami in nature and there are certain protocols in securing individuals, yung sa PSPG is more on permanent security yun. But for case to case basis, a letter order could suffice to secure VIP travel, proper authority should be issued,” Gamboa explained.

The PNP chief also said he has yet to decide on whether San Juan City Police chief Jaime Santos will also be ordered relieved regarding the incident.

“Hindi naman kasama si chief of police sa convoy… I will not give my decision because I  have to hear kung ano ang ginawa niya after that. In the course of investigation, ano yung degree ng liability niya,” he said.

The PNP chief added that he already talked to Magalong and apologized over the actions of policemen involved.

He said all police personnel have been told to always abide by local quarantine protocols. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

AFP, PNP shift to relief and rehabilitation ops in typhoon-hit areas

Robie de Guzman   •   November 17, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – The military and police on Tuesday announced they have shifted their priority to massive relief distribution and rehabilitation efforts after days of intense search and rescue operations in areas that were severely affected by recent typhoons that barreled through the country.

Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) spokesperson MGen. Edgard Arevalo said all available assets have been mobilized for the transport of relief goods.

Heavy engineering equipment and construction materials for families whose houses were destroyed by the storms were also transported.

“The AFP has shifted to massive relief distribution & rehabilitation operations. AFP Chief of Staff Gen Gilbert Gapay mobilized all sea, air, & land assets,”  Arevalo said.

Earlier in the day, the AFP sent off BRP Tarlac for humanitarian assistance and disaster response mission to Catanduanes in the Bicol region which was pummeled by Typhoon Rolly and Typhoon Ulysses in the previous weeks.

The Philippine National Police (PNP), for its part, said its relief efforts are ongoing for families affected by massive flooding in Cagayan Province.

PNP chief Gen. Debold Sinas said they have also mobilized their personnel and several police trucks to send relief items.

“Meron na kaming pinadala doon at least 5-man trucks. Nagpadala po ng 2,500 relief packages doon po sa Cagayan Province,” Sinas said.

The PNP chief also said they have allocated assistance for policemen whose homes were damaged by recent storms. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

Sinas eyes removing implementation of alternate work schedule in PNP

Aileen Cerrudo   •   November 16, 2020

Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Debold Sinas is eyeing to revert back the work schedule of PNP personnel.

Due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, work schedule of PNP personnel in Camp Crame changed to seven-day straight duty and rest day. However, Sinas said work schedule will go back to normal to increase productivity.

“New normal for the PNP should be doing your usual/daily activities in the furtherance of your accomplishment, your missions, your task with the strict observance of the different DOH protocol,” he said.

The PNP Chief also announced that PNP offices will not implement a lockdown in case one of the personnel tested positive for COVID-19.

Sinas said an internal strategy is needed to still maintain health safety protocols while increasing productivity in PNP.

Tuloy po ang serbisyo. Hindi na tayo pwedeng i-lockdown iyan ng 5 days, 14 days pano naman iyong serbisyo publiko po (Our service continues. We cannot implement lockdown for 5 days or 14 days, how about public service)?” he said.

He also calls on the cooperation of every PNP personnel to continue practicing health and safety protocols to prevent the spread of the virus while performing their duties. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Sinas grateful for PRRD’s defense on the mañanita issue

Aileen Cerrudo   •   November 16, 2020

Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Debold Sinas

MANILA, Philippines — Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Debold Sinas expressed his gratitude to President Rodrigo Duterte for defending him over the mañanita issue.

Sinas said he is happy with the support given by the President. The PNP Chief assured he will perform his duty.

“Natuwa ako pero at the same time nahihiya, (I am grateful and at the same time embarrassed). I am very happy for the support of the President for me as his Chief PNP. Thank you very much Mr. President. Rest assured of our best in police service,” he said.

Duterte came to Sina’s defense after his appointment as the new PNP Chief was questioned, citing the mañanita controversy. Duterte said the manañanita is only a small issue and the public should focus on criticizing corrupt officials. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.