5 killed in separate buy-bust operations in 3 Bulacan towns
An overnight of separate drug buy- bust operations in three different towns Bulacan resulted in the death of five suspected drug pushers.
BULACAN, Philippines — Two drug suspects were killed in a separate buy-bust operations of the Philippine National Police (PNP) in Pandi, Bulacan Tuesday night.
Allan Dexter dela Cruz was fatally shot after allegedly resisting arrest when he sensed he was transacting with a police officer at past 12 midnight.
The same case happened with another drug suspect identified only as alias “Larry” who was cornered by police in a remote and grassy area, still in the town of Pandi at dawn.
Seized from each suspect were .38 caliber pistol; about 10 sachets of shabu and P500 of buy-bust money.
Two separate buy-bust operations in Balagtas, Bulacan also yielded two fatalities.
A drug suspect identified as alias Lito Onse was killed at Barangay Santol, while the other suspect remained unidentified as of press time.
Both were said to have resisted arrest after undercover police bought shabu at P500.
Meanwhile, a tricycle driver was also shot dead in Barangay Kutkot, Pulilan, Bulacan at 12:30am.
Police said the driver quickly fled after sensing that he was selling drugs to a cop.
He allegedly exchanged fire with authorities before he was cornered and killed. — Nestor Torres | UNTV News & Rescue
SC eyes releasing body cam guidelines by July
MANILA, Philippines—The Supreme Court (SC) is eyeing to release the guidelines on the use of body cameras in police operations by July.
SC Chief Justice Alexander Gesmundo said the high tribunal will tackle the matter starting June 15.
“The proposed rule is to be taken up as soon we resume session on June 15. And our colleagues have submitted their respective inputs. Hopefully and I’m optimistic that maybe after 2 or 3 deliberations we will come up with the final version,” he said.
“Our judges know the responsibility that they have to comply with what the Constitution and the Rules of Court should provide. So, we hope that with the issuance of these rules on body-worn cameras, these issues will be addressed specifically. It’s in the works. By July perhaps, we will have the final version and we’ll approve it for implementation immediately,” he added.
The proposed body-worn cameras was recommended after reports of corruption and abuse by authorities. Based on the record of the Philippine National Police (PNP), there are over 7,000 cases related to suspects getting killed during the government’s anti-drug campaign.
PNP Chief Gen. Guillermo Eleazar has previously ordered the use of body-cameras during operations in the NCR. AAC (with reports from Dante Amento)
PNP assures no cover-up in Calbayog City mayor slay
MANILA, Philippines—The Philippine National Police (PNP) assured there is no cover-up in the Calbayog City Mayor Ronaldo Aquino slay case.
PNP Chief General Guillermo Eleazar reiterated that the PNP is not protecting the seven policemen allegedly involved in the death of Aquino in March.
The policemen have been charged with murder and frustrated murder by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).
“Katotohanan at hustisya rin po ang aming hangad para sa insidenteng ito dahil kasama sa mga nasawi ay mga tauhan namin. Parusahan kung sino ang dapat parusahan but in the meantime, let these cases take their course in the proper forum,” he said.
(We still seek truth and justice for this incident, our men were also killed. Let those accountable be held accountable, let these cases take their course in the proper forum.)
Eleazar said he also directed the Regional Director, Police Regional Office 8 and Director, Integrity Monitoring and Enforcement Group (IMEG) to place implicated PNP personnel under their restrictive custody. The cops were charged based on witness testimonies, CCTV footage, and information collected from a seized cellular phone.
Whistleblower PMSgt. Jose Jay Senario said Aquino’s political rival were in cahoots with cops and plotted to link Aquino to illegal drugs. On March 8, Aquino and his companions were fatally shot on Laboyao Bridge. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)
3 drug personalities killed in drug buy-bust; P68M worth of shabu seized
Three drug personalities were neutralized in a drug buy-bust operation launched by the Philippine National Police and and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency operatives in Cebu, Cityon Thursday evening (June 10).
PNP Chief General Guillermo Eleazar identified one of the suspects as alias Levon.
Anti-illegal drug operatives encountered Levon and his two unidentified male cohorts during a drug buy-bust operation at Brgy. Campo 4, Talisay City and Brgy Tap-Tap, Cebu City around 9:00 p.m. of June 10, 2021.
The encounter led to an armed confrontation which resulted in the deaths of the three drug suspects.
Recovered at the crime scene were 10 large packs containing suspected shabu weighing 10 kilos with estimated standard drug price of P68 million and two firearms.
Eleazar assured that the PNP will continue its fight in curbing illegal drugs.
“The Philippine National Police remains steadfast, under the PNP Intensified Cleanliness Policy, in fighting the bigger war on illegal drugs without let-up. The PNP offers no compromise for anyone found to be involved in illegal drugs activities. We remain constantly working with PDEA to crush the real enemy,” he said. AAC