3 barangays in QC to have low to no water from Aug. 13 to Aug. 15 – Manila Water

Marje Pelayo   •   August 13, 2019   •   318

MANILA, Philippines – Manila Water announced service interruptions from August 13 to 15 in three areas in Quezon City due to power supply transfer activities at its Luzon Water Treatment Plant.

Specifically, residents in Barangays Holy Spirit, Pasong Tamo and Sauyo in Quezon City may experience “low pressure to no water service” starting Tuesday until Thursday.

“Manila Water is advising residents of the said barangays to store enough water to supply their needs only during the interruption schedules,” Manila Water told its clients in a statement.

The service interruption may affect around 20,000 households and commercial and business establishments in the affected areas.

The schedule of water service interruptions is as follow:

August 13 (Tuesday) 8 p.m. to August 14 (Wednesday) 6 a.m.

August 14 (Wednesday) 8 p.m. to August 15 (Thursday) 6 a.m.

August 15 (Thursday) 8 p.m. to August 16 (Friday) 6 a.m.

SERVICE ADVISORY: Power supply transfer activity scheduled at Luzon Water Treatment Plant in Quezon City on August…

Posted by Manila Water on Friday, 9 August 2019

4 suspected robbers killed in QC shootout

Robie de Guzman   •   October 15, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – Four suspects in a robbery incident were killed in a shootout with police in Payatas Road, Quezon City early Tuesday morning.

According to the Batasan Police Station, they were patrolling the area at around 3 a.m. when they received a report about a robbery incident in a convenience store and gasoline station involving the suspects.

Responding police officers engaged the suspects in a brief gunfight that led to the death of the purported robbers.

Prior to the encounter, workers at the gasoline station said the four suspects, wearing black masks and helmets, arrived in the area on board two motorcycles and declared a hold-up.

“Hinawakan po ako sa leeg tapos pinadapa po ako. Tapos kinuha na po ang pera ng company tapos kasama yung cellphone,” recounted Elmer Boduan, who works as a cashier at the gasoline station.

While two of the suspects were robbing the gasoline station, their two other cohorts entered the convenience store, pulled a gun at its workers and forcibly took the money from the cash register and a mobile phone.  

“May dalang baril po yung lalaki papunta sa akin. Tumakbo ako. Tumago ako. Sabi niya sa akin, ‘Labas ka diyan. Buksan mo y’ong kaha ninyo,’” said Vanessa Epis, the store’s cashier.

The alleged robbers then fled with at least P19,000 in cash and two mobile phones.

Their escape, however, turned into a chase after police officers spotted and pursued them along Payatas Road.

The suspects allegedly opened fire but police retaliated and gunned them down.

Recovered from the scene were four .38 caliber revolver, two motorcycles, one mobile phone, a digital weighing scale and four sachets of suspected shabu.

Police said the slain suspects are yet to be identified. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Asher Cadapan Jr.)

QC traffic chief faces raps for breaking car window

Aileen Cerrudo   •   October 2, 2019

Atty. Ariel Inton

Quezon City Traffic Chief Atty. Ariel Inton is facing carnapping and administrative cases after breaking the window of an illegally parked car on September 24.

Inton broke the window of a 1990 Nissan Maxima that had been parked for two years on the corner of Panay Avenue.

According to Inton, he is ready to face the raps against him.

“Kung sasampahan nila tayo ng carnapping edi tignan natin. Kung sino man ang abogadong hahawak niyan palagay ko naman, alam niya iyan bilang abogado na walang carnapping doon (If they will file carnapping charges against me, then we’ll see. Whoever is the lawyer that will handle the case, I think they will know there was no carnapping there),” he said.

He already apologized for the incident and submitted his resignation to Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte. However, Belmonte did not accept his resignation.

Based on the Facebook post of QC Task Force for Transport and Traffic Management, Belmonte appreciated the humility shown by Inton for immediately apologizing after the incident.

“Belmonte said that leaders of different organizations must emulate the leadership of Inton who knows how to apologize, takes full responsibility of his actions and non-compromising in executing the full extent of the law,” the post read.

Meanwhile, Inton previously reiterated he merely based his action on the 2004 City Ordinance where it is in the authority of a local official to confiscate illegally parked vehicles.

“As I said I will take the responsibility. Sa tingin ko naman sa pagharap natin diyan makikita naman kung ano iyong katotohanan diyan, ( I think, we will see the truth)” he said.—AAC (with reports from Joan Nano)

DA says African Swine Fever detected in another QC village

Robie de Guzman   •   October 1, 2019

A city veterinarian (R) takes a blood sample from a pig in a backyard piggery to test for African Swine Fever (ASF) in Quezon City, east of Manila, Philippines, 17 September 2019. EPA-EFE/ROLEX DELA PENA

MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Agriculture (DA) on Tuesday confirmed that pigs from another village in Quezon City have tested positive for the African Swine Fever (ASF).

Agriculture Secretary Wiliam Dar said the ASF has already reached the backyard farms of Barangay Tatalon following reports of hog infection.

This brings to three the total ASF-infected areas in Quezon City along with Payatas and Bagong Silangan, which according to city Mayor Joy Belmonte have culled more than 3,000 pigs.

Dar said they have placed backyard hog farms in Barangay Tatalon under quarantine and implemented the 1-7-10 protocol.

The protocol includes the culling of hogs within one-kilometer radius of infected farms and the setting up of quarantine checkpoints in strategic locations to prevent the movement of all live pigs, pork and pork-related products.

Hog farms, particularly backyard operations, within seven-kilometer radius are subjected to continued surveillance procedures and tests to determine the extent of infection in animals.

Swine farms within a 10-kilometer radius, on the other hand, are required to submit a mandatory report on the disease.

Investigation on how the dreaded disease reached the area is also underway.

The Agriculture department earlier said the swine disease was already contained in the regions of Rizal and Bulacan while several hogs in Pangasinan area are still being tested following reports on the presence of the said virus in some backyard farms.

Latest News

Cayetano: Amid challenges, PH all set for SEA Games

October 16, 2019   •   9 hours ago

LPA East of Aurora is now Tropical Depression Perla

October 16, 2019   •   9 hours ago

PNP firearms head De Leon is new PRO-7 chief

October 16, 2019   •   9 hours ago

Angat Dam needs 3 cyclones to replenish – PAGASA

October 16, 2019   •   10 hours ago

DOJ begins reinvestigation on 2013 drug raid

October 16, 2019   •   11 hours ago

Philippine Army to recruit more soldiers this year

October 16, 2019   •   11 hours ago

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+63) 396-8688 (Tel)

(+63) 2 920.8336 (Fax)

info@untvweb.com (General inquiries)

support@untvweb.com

UNTV News and Rescue Emergency Hotlines:

LANDLINE (+63) 396-8688

ADVERTISE WITH US

(+63) 2 442.6244 Loc. 143, 144, 162, 164

advertising@untvweb.com

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.