25 kandidata ng Miss QC 2014 Diamond Jubilee Search, iniharap sa media

admin   •   August 14, 2014   •   2947

Iniharap na sa media ang 25 kandidata ng Miss Quezon City Diamond Jubilee Search kaugnay ng 75 anibersaryo ng lungsod ng Quezon (UNTV News)

QUEZON CITY, Philippines — Dalawampu’t limang (25) kandidata ng Miss Quezon City 2014 Diamond Jubilee Search na mula sa iba’t ibang barangay sa lungsod ng Quezon ang ipinamalas ang matatamis na ngiti sa media sa Anabel’s Restaurant, Tomas Morato, Quezon City.

Pinili ang mga ito mula sa apatnapu’t dalawang kandidatang na nagtagisan ng talento at talino sa elimination round sa AFP Theater kamakailan.

Ayon sa isa sa nag-organisa nito na si Miss Earth-Air 2012 Stephany Stefanowitz, ang mga naturang kandidata ay maaari ng iharap sa anumang national pageant.

“We have put a lot of training with them, sa mga walk, walking training, tapos meron din po silang mga dance training, personality development, styling, make-up, all of these are given to them for free po eh.”

Isa sa potensyal na makakuha ng korona ay ang communication arts student mula sa Project 6 na si Maria Celina Granda.

“My reason for joining Miss Quezon City is being able to give back to my city and able to promote it,” ani Granda na siyang candidate no. 25 sa Miss QC 2014.

Inaasahan ding papasok bilang isa sa top 5 winners ang kapatid ni Mutya ng Pilipinas-Intercontinental 2013 Koreen Medina na si Mary Claire na personal na nag-train sa kanya.

Ang coronation night ay gagawin sa September 13 sa AFP Theater sa Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon city. (Adjes Carreon, UNTV News)

Quezon City gov’t to prioritize vaccination in closed, care facilities

Robie de Guzman   •   September 23, 2021

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte on Thursday said she has ordered the City Health Department to vaccinate all individuals residing and working in closed and long-term care facilities.

Belmonte issued the order after the city’s Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit (QCESU) submitted a report on 13 facilities it has visited and surveyed so far.

The said facilities include orphanages, home care facilities, apostolate centers, and rehabilitation centers among others.

According to CESU chief Dr. Rolando Cruz, the 13 facilities have an estimated 1,027 employees and clients, 594 of which have yet to receive a first dose of COVID vaccine.

“We are working closely with the city’s vaccination team so inoculation can be done at the soonest possible time,” Cruz said in a statement.

Meanwhile, Belmonte confirmed she has seen media reports about the deaths of some nuns from the Religious of the Virgin Mary in Cubao, which reported a COVID-19 outbreak.

However, the city has yet to receive official information from the facility itself.

“On behalf of the city government, I would like to express my sincerest condolences to the whole RVM community for losing some of their sisters to COVID,” said Belmonte.

She assured that the local government remains committed to extending assistance and support to all closed and long-term care facilities in the city “to control infection and to prevent deaths from possible future outbreaks.”

Belmonte earlier said she has ordered for the issuance of guidelines that seek to improve the infectious disease resiliency of these facilities through better ventilation.

The guidelines will also help closed and long-term care facilities retrofit their buildings and reduce COVID transmission, she added.

4 religious facilities in QC under lockdown due to high COVID-19 cases

Aileen Cerrudo   •   September 22, 2021

The Quezon City local government has placed four religious facilities under lockdown due to high number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases.

Based on the report of the Quezon City Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit (QCESU) there is a recent outbreak in Christ the King Mission Seminary, where almost half of its population has been infected. Out of the 59 individuals in the seminary, 25 tested positive for the virus.

As of September 18, eleven of these positive cases have recovered, 13 remain active, and one has succumbed to COVID-19.

QCESU Chief Dr. Rolando Cruz reported that the seminary’s Villa Cristo Rey and Fininman Building have bee placed under Special Concern Lockdown (SCL) since September 18.

The temporary closure of Christ the King Mission Seminary brings the total number of religious facilities in the city under lockdown to four. The other three are  Stella Maris Convent (since September 10); Religious of the Virgin Mary (since September 14) and Convent of the Holy Spirit which has been under lockdown since September 15.

Meanwhile, the Quezon City government has started creating a set of guidelines on ventilation for buildings and workplaces to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19. AAC

24 in QC seminary test positive for COVID-19

Robie de Guzman   •   September 21, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — A COVID-19 outbreak has been reported at a seminary in Quezon City, the local government said on Tuesday.

In a statement, the City’s Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit (QCESU) said the recent outbreak was reported at Christ the King Mission Seminary, where almost half of its population has been infected.

CESU Chief Dr. Rolando Cruz said the facility has a population of 59 individuals –25 tested positive for the virus while 34 were negative.

“The positive cases were composed of nine priests and 16 employees,” Cruz said.

“As of September 18, eleven of these positive cases have recovered, 13 remain active, and one has succumbed to COVID,” he added.

The casualty was reported to have been a priest who was one of two index cases  recorded on September 3, the city government said.

The city government said it has sent medicines, vitamins, hygiene kits, facemasks, alcohol, soap, rice, and food packs among others to the facility.

Cruz said that only the seminary’s Villa Cristo Rey and Fininman Building were placed under Special Concern Lockdown (SCL) since September 18.

This brings the total number of religious facilities under lockdown to four. The other three are the following: Stella Maris Convent (since September 10), Religious of the Virgin Mary (September 14), and Convent of the Holy Spirit (September 15).

Meanwhile, the Quezon City government said it has started creating a set of guidelines on ventilation for buildings and workplaces to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19.

“We will send these guidelines to building administrators in the city so they will learn how to better retrofit their facilities and make these more resistant to virus transmission,” Mayor Joy Belmonte said.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.