Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

17-year-old Ica Policarpio, found in Laguna, unharmed

by UNTV   |   Posted on Tuesday, December 26th, 2017


MANILA, Philippines — The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) sees no indication of abduction in the case of 17-year old Ica Policarpio who recently went missing, and was found over the weekend in Laguna.

Ica is the teenager who reportedly went missing in Muntinlupa City last Thursday.

A concerned citizen reportedly found her sitting at a burger kiosk in the village of 2B San Pablo in the province of Laguna.

According to NCRPO chief Oscar Albayalde, there is a possibility that someone influenced the teenager to run away from her family.

“What we are looking at is whether someone urged the teenager to run away. But on kidnapping, as I said, there is no indication,” said Albayalde.

The NCRPO chief made the statement after, Atty. Rufino Policarpio, the father of the 17-year old admitted he confronted his daughter regarding a certain matter before she went missing.

“I feel it may have been because we had had a parent-child discussion. It could be possible,” said Atty. Policarpio.

Based on the CCTV footage from a coffee shop where Ica was last seen, the teenager had no company.

Because of this, the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) will continue to investigate the matter.

The Policarpio family has expressed gratitude to those who helped in the search to find their daughter. — Joan Nano| UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

NBI arrests alleged consignee of P6.4-B shabu shipment

by UNTV   |   Posted on Saturday, February 3rd, 2018

Tatad is one of the accused ordered arrested by the Manila Regional Trial Court (RTC) over a drug smuggling case.

 

MANILA, Philippines — The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has also taken into custody Eirene Mae Tatad, the alleged consignee of the 6.4 billion peso shabu shipment smuggled at the Bureau of Customs (BOC) last year.

Tatad is one of the accused ordered arrested by the Manila Regional Trial Court (RTC) over a drug smuggling case.

According to the NBI, they called up Tatad after she was issued an arrest warrant and she willingly complied when they fetched her in Iloilo on February 2.

Tatad’s brother in law helped in convincing her to face the case.

“Siguro mas gusto ng brother niya na mapaayos siya. So tumulong na rin yung brother niya dahil hindi namin alam kung saang lugar doon sa Iloilo. So, he accompanied us,” said NBI-Task Force Against Illegal Drugs head Atty. Ross Jonathan Galicia.

(Her brother [in law] probably wanted her [problem] fixed. So, he accompanied us to her place because we don’t know her place in Iloilo.)

Tatad, however, insisted that she is innocent.

She said that she went to Iloilo for a vacation after the Valenzuela court dismissed the first case filed by the Department of Justice (DOJ).

“Hindi po ako nagtago. Actually po, kahapon ko lang nalaman na may warrant of arrest ako,” said the alleged consignee.

(I did not go into hiding. Actually, I only learned yesterday that I have a warrant of arrest.)

She will stay under the NBI custody while awaiting the commitment order from the court.

Meanwhile, the Manila RTC Branch 46 has denied the motion of Customs broker Mark Taguba to remain under NBI custody.

Judge Rainelda Estacio-Montesa ruled that Taguba’s lawyer failed to present actual proof of a threat to his life.

This prompted the court to order his transfer to theManila City jail.

Six other accused in the drug smuggling case are being sought out by the NBI. — Roderic Mendoza | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , , ,

Customs broker Mark Taguba now under NBI custody

by UNTV   |   Posted on Thursday, February 1st, 2018


MANILA, Philippines — Customs broker Mark Taguba has been transferred to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) detention cell after the Manila Regional Trial Court ordered his arrest over drug smuggling.

The case stems from the 6.4 billion pesos worth of shabu smuggled at the Bureau of Customs (BOC) last year.

Taguba was under the protection of the Senate because he testified during their inquiry into the case.

But he was among the nine persons indicted by the Department of Justice (DOJ) as he facilitated the importation of the shabu shipment.

“He was taken into custody after proper turn over from the Office of the Sergeant at Arms of the Philippine Senate where he had been kept in protective custody,” said NBI spokesperson Atty. Ferdinand Lavin.

The court has also ordered the arrest of all his co-accused except for businessman Richard Tan who has a pending motion to nullify the case.

NBI agents are now in pursuit of his seven co-accused.

“If there are surrender feelers for those accused named in the warrant, then we would be glad to accommodate them here at the NBI,” said Lavin.

Taguba is confident he will be cleared in the case claiming he is innocent.

He is open to be a government witness just as he had testified in Senate hearings.

“Di pa namin nagagawa pero naiisip na namin yan, yung state witness,” said Taguba.

(We have yet to work on it but we have thought about becoming a state witness.)

On February 2, the court will hear Taguba’s request to remain in NBI custody while undergoing trial. — Roderic Mendoza | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , ,

Newly appointed PNP spokesperson vows to fight fake news

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Thursday, February 1st, 2018


MANILA, Philippines – The newly appointed spokesperson of the Philippine National Police (PNP) admits that the position he is now handling poses him a big challenge.

But on his first day as the voice of the PNP, he promised to fight fake news and propaganda.

PNP spokesperson and PNP PIO chief PC/Supt. John Bulalacao believes that information is powerful, and asks for the help of the legitimate media to fight for fake news.

“Information that is properly managed is a reflective of leadership that is not only responsible, mature and accountable but also one that conveys integrity, sincerity, and clarity of vision and purpose,” Bulalacao said.

He said it is important to help the public distinguish the real news from those who just want to deceive.

Bulalacao added that he will be more transparent and open to the public.

“We should be able to help the public in distinguishing truth from propaganda, facts from fake news, objectivity, and impartiality, from sensationalism and demagoguery,” Bulalacao said.

Prior to his appointment, Bulalacao served as the regional directorial staff of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO).

He also served as the deputy director of the Logistics Support Service and Chief of Staff of the Civil Security Group, Assistant Chief of the Firearms and Explosives Office and as Provincial Director of Cavite.

Bulalacao is a member of Philippine Military Academy (PMA) Maringal Class of 1988. – Lea Ylagan | UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , , ,