800 temporary shelters officially turned over to residents affected by Marawi siege

admin   •   December 28, 2017   •   9347


MANILA, Philippines — Before 2017 ends, families in Marawi City who have been staying in evacuation centers for almost seven months because of the Marawi siege will be able to transfer to their temporary shelters.

President Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday led the turnover ceremony by the National Housing Authority (NHA) of 500 temporary shelters in Barangay Sagongsongan, Marawi City.

The NHA said that 250 units are ready for occupancy before 2017 ends while the other 250 units can be occupied on January 7, 2018.

“The houses are furnished with electricity and water line. However, electricity needs to be connected to the main line as well as the water supply needs to be connected to the main line that’s why we’re delaying the actual occupancy of the houses,” said Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) Chairman Eduardo del Rosario.

Marawi City Mayor Majul Gandamra said, “Priority will be given to those who are in dire need especially those who are staying in evacuation centers and those renting outside the city.”

Another 300 temporary shelters from the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) were also turned over on Wednesday in Matungao, Lanao del Norte.

The government is targeting to provide a total of 1,170 temporary shelters by February 2018.

Aside from temporary shelters, various government agencies such as the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Agriculture, and Social Welfare and Development gave toolkits, pre-employment assistance fund, equipment for farming and fishing and other means of livelihood  for the affected residents.

“We have created a special program which will give financing interest-free up to 100,000 for eligible borrowers who have already put up their business before and we will ask for certain documents showing that they just need to start again,” said DTI Secretary Ramon Lopez.

The government plans to subsidize the electric bills of the residents for six months.

Residents will also continue to receive food stubs from the government.

Meanwhile, government military forces are still in Marawi City to secure the place and help in the rehabilitation and reconstruction of the city. — Rosalie Coz | UNTV News and Rescue

Task Force Bangon Marawi says rehab efforts now 75% complete

Robie de Guzman   •   July 27, 2021

The Task Force Bangon Marawi (TFBM) on Tuesday said that the government-led rehabilitation of Marawi City following the 2017 siege is now about 75 percent complete.

TFBM chairman Secretary Eduardo del Rosario issued the statement in line with the call of President Rodrigo Duterte for the task force to hasten the rehabilitation efforts in Marawi City during his final State of the Nation Address (SONA) on July 26.

Del Rosario said that with regard to the ongoing horizontal and vertical projects in the Marawi rehabilitation, they are now around 70 to 75 percent accomplished.

Del Rosario, who also heads the Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development, said that just last week, some 170 permanent shelters were awarded to families of internally displaced persons (IDP) previously living along danger zones.

In February, the TFBM awarded 109 housing units to recipients.

The projects were carried out with funding assistance from the Japanese government.

Del Rosario said that by August, they will be turning over 200 permanent housing units from the projects of the National Housing Authority (NHA).

“We are on track to complete all these projects by December of 2021,” he said.

Aside from housing units within Marawi’s most affected area, the government is also developing other projects such as the city jail and the police station. RRD (with details from Correspondent Weng Fernandez)

NHA to revoke awards of housing beneficiaries offering units for lease

Aileen Cerrudo   •   June 17, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The National Housing Authority (NHA) has announced that it would revoke the awards given to beneficiaries proven to be renting out awarded units.

During the Senate hearing on Wednesday (June 16), NHA General Manager Marcelino Escalada reported that they have talked to occupants of government housing projects and found that several of them are not actual beneficiaries of the NHA.

Due to this the agency conducted a validation process to determine which occupants are renters or beneficiaries.

Escalda has instructed his personnel to give the housing to beneficiaries who need it, once the occupants are proven to be renters.

“My instruction was to cancel the award because kumikita pa si original awardee your Honor. Our housing project is only P250, P300, P500 per month and they are renting it out at P3,000-4,000 by other persons interested in occupying,” he said.

(My instruction was to cancel the award because the original awardee is taking profit. Our housing project is only P250, P300, P500 per month and they are renting it out at P3,000-4,000 by other persons interested in occupying it.)

According to the NHA, there are still 3,800 housing units available for those who wish to apply for housing. AAC (with reports from Rey Pelayo)

NHA warns public against scammers; reminds to only transact with authorized personnel

Aileen Cerrudo   •   April 9, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The National Housing Authority (NHA) has warned against scammers and advised the public to only transact with authorized NHA personnel.

In an advisory, the agency reiterated there are no downpayment or reservation fees needed for the application of housing units. It received reports about a scammer in Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, and Aurora areas.

“Beware of scammer. Transact only to authorized staff of the NHA-Tarlac/Nueva Ecija/Aurora District Office assigned at Acacia Green Field Homes, Brgy. Manacnac, Palayan City, Nueva Ecija, for your application to Government Employees Housing Projects in Nueva Ecija (Green Field Homes and Camp Magsaysay Place),” the advisory said.

Meanwhile, the NHA-Tarlac/Nueva Ecija/Aurora District Office also reiterated that their office is not looking for sub-contractors and the agency did not hire anyone to look for or transact with any sub-contractors. AAC

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.