MANILA, Philippines – Six kilograms of suspected shabu (crystal meth), worth P40 million, were seized during two separate illegal drug operations in Bohol province on Monday, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said Tuesday.
A report from Police Brigadier General Albert Ignatius Ferro, chief of Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO-7), said that a buy-bust operation was launched on Monday afternoon in Talibon town which yielded the arrest of drug suspect, Jaime Dajao, 44.
Arresting officers confiscated from Dajao four kilograms of suspected shabu with an estimated street value of P27 million.
In a follow-up operation conducted in Tagbilaran City, police arrested four drug suspects, identified as Lelit Dajao Sinugbojan, 44; Chellomao Pescura Curayag, 33; Junalyn Abelgas Matura, 32; and Humprey Millana Cenabre, 34.
Two kilograms of suspected shabu, worth P13 million, were seized from the suspects, as well as the buy-bust money.
PNP chief Police General Archie Gamboa assured that intensified anti-illegal drug operations will continue despite the police’s task in the government’s COVID-19 response.
“Even with the ongoing health crisis, police anti-illegal drugs operations will continue without let-up and will be unrelenting as ever,” Gamboa said.
MANILA, Philippines — Over 20,000 overseas Filipino workers (OFW) can finally breathe a sigh of relief after weeks of isolation in different quarantine facilities in Metro Manila since they arrived in the country.
This was after the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) confirmed that their tests yielded negative results for coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Over 14,000 of them have been cleared and may now go home to see their families.
“Ang panuntunan ay pwede nang gamitin yung e-clearance para bumilis as agreed upon yesterday doon sa aming meeting. Pwedeng i-print at yung na yung gagamitin nila para makaalis na po doon sa kanilang mga hotel,” confirmed PCG Spokesperson Commodore Armand Balilo.
[They may now get an e-clearance to make it expedite the process as agreed upon our meeting yesterday. They may print a copy and present it to the hotel so they can leave.]
Balilo said the agency targets to process their clearances as soon as possible so they can finally travel home.
Meanwhile, the official said that about 8,000 others are still waiting for their test results.
Balilo also confirmed that from all of the overseas Filipinos who arrived in the country so far, over 500 tested positive for COVID-19 and are currently being treated in government medical facilities.
The list of names of OFWs with negative COVID-19 results may be viewed through PCG’s social media account.
On Thursday (May 21), 41 seafarers whose jobs abroad were affected by the pandemic, finally boarded the service vessel which will bring them home to Visayas and Mindanao.
Despite the circumstances, the seafarers said they are just looking on the brighter side of the situation.
They are still thankful that they may now spend more time with their family.
“Makakasama (ko na ang mga) bata. Take this opportunity na i-enjoy ang mga bata at ang pamilya, [I can now be with my children. Take this opportunity to enjoy time with the kids and family,” said Terresa Peres.
“Sa bahay lang siguro kasi pagdating namin sa Bohol another 14 days na naman na quarantine, [I might stay at home because upon arrival in Bohol I will need another 14 days in quarantine],” added Alfonzo Baleleng.
“Maraming salamat po sa mga sumuporta, sa nag-a-asikaso po sa amin, at sa agency po namin, lalo na sa government po natin na sinisikap po nila na mapauwi tayo lahat dito [I thank everyone for the support, to those who attended to our needs, to our agency and especially to our government for exerting efforts to bring us home],” expressed Vergintino Cagata. MNP (with reports from Rey Pelayo)
MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) on Thursday reported that hundreds of passengers are currently stranded at various ports in Bicol due to the onslaught of Typhoon Ambo.
The PCG said that as of 12 p.m. on May 14, a total of 293 cargo drivers and helpers are stranded in ports after the typhoon forced the suspension of sea trips.
The operation of 133 rolling cargoes and five cargo vessels are also temporarily suspended, while 17 vessels and two motorbancas are taking shelter in the region.
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) reported that Typhoon ‘Ambo’ has made a landfall in San Policarpio, Eastern Samar at around 12:15 p.m.
The state weather bureau said the typhoon is expected to bring heavy to torrential rains and violent winds over parts of Samar, and northern and eastern Samar.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal (TCWS) No. 3 has been raised in the following areas in Bicol and Visayas areas:
The northern portion of Eastern Samar (Jipapad, Arteche, Maslog, Dolores, Oras, San Policarpio, Canavid, Taft, Sulat, San Julian, Borongan City, Maydolon)
The northern portion of Samar (Calbayog City, Sta. Margarita, Gandara, Pagsanghan,San Jorge, Matuguinao, San Jose de Buan, Catbalogan, Jiabong, Motiong, Paranas, Tarangnan, San Sebastian, Hinabangan)
TCWS No. 2, meanwhile, was hoisted over:
Southern portion of Quezon (Pagbilao, Atimonan, Padre Burgos, Plaridel, Agdangan, Unisan, Gumaca, Pitogo, Macalelon, Lopez, Caluag, General Luna, Catanauan, Perez, Alabat, Quezon, Tagkawayan, Guinayangan, Buenavista, San Narciso, Mulanay, San Andres, San Francisco),
The rest of Samar
The rest of Eastern Samar
Those under Signal No. 1 are:
the southern portion of Nueva Ecija (General Mamerto Natividad, Palayan City, Cabanatuan, Santa Rosa, Jaen, San Isidro, San Antonio, Cabiao, Bongabon, Gabaldon, General Tinio, Laur, San Leonardo, Peñaranda, Gapan City)
The rest of Quezon
Northern portion of Leyte (Calubian, San Isidro, Tabango, Villaba, Leyte, Kananga, Capoocan, Carigara, Barugo, San Miguel, Babatngon, Tunga, Jaro, Alangalang, Sta. Fe, Tacloban City, Palo, Pastrana, Dagami, Tabontabon, Tanauan, Tolosa, Ormoc City, Matag-ob, Palompon, Merida, Isabel, Albuera, Burauen, Julita, Dulag)
PAGASA advised residents in affected areas to take appropriate measures as incidents of flooding and rain-induced landslides are possible during heavy or prolonged rainfall.
The PCG earlier announced the cancellation of cargo vessel and fishing boat operations due to the effects of Typhoon Ambo.
It also advised its Districts and Stations across the country to prepare their personnel and assets to respond on emergency situations and to coordinate with their respective Regional Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (RDRRMC) for possible rescue operations and other related activities.
“Maritime activities will resume when the weather condition becomes normal, as may be declared by PAGASA,” the PCG said.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.